A Regional Conference and Expo
September 18 - 20, 2015
CWD kids embrace the latest diabetes care technology ...
... as do "CWD" adults
At CWD conferences, you'll learn from the best -- like Ed Damiano
Why Focus on Technology?
For 15 years, Children with Diabetes (CWD) has brought together education leaders and technology experts from around the country to exchange information, techniques and strategies for integrating technology into diabetes management, from infants through adulthood.
Here are six reasons you should register now for Focus on Technology Anaheim 2015:
- If you register before April 30, you'll save more than $50 off your registration! Focus on Technology is taking place from September 18-20, 2015, so you'll want to reserve your spot today!
- Outstanding Programming: Over a dozen sessions that focus on the latest resources, best practices and psycho-social aspects of treating type 1 diabetes 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Other hot topics will include the progress towards a 'technical cure' to type 1; advanced pumping techniques; Continuous Glucose Monitoring - who will see the data on which device(s)?
- Learn from the Experts: Diabetes technology leaders will help you explore current and emerging technologies and show you how you can apply them to any of your management, school and lifestyle challenges.
- Special Sessions and Conference Highlights: Artificial Pancreas Update and Keynote address. The 2015 Exhibits, where you can meet face-to-face with the vendors carrying the very latest diabetes technologies you need to know about! Touch, feel hold and compare all your options in one place!
- Carb Counts provided for meals that are included in your registration. Our registered dietitians work with the Disney chefs to provide accurate carb counts for every item served at the reception Friday night, breakfast and lunch Saturday and Sunday as well as the morning and afternoon snack breaks. Gluten free meals provided for all meals for those with celiac.
We hope that the Focus on Technology conference will help you and your family gain a better understanding of the technology currently available to people with type 1 diabetes, as well as technology which may be coming shortly down the road. We also hope to motivate you to try an insulin pump or consider a sensor if you never have!
Some very exciting faculty will be joining us from across the United States. There will also be discussion groups as well as lots of other opportunities to connect and have great conversation and idea-sharing at coffee-breaks, meals, and during 'down time' in the evenings!
Registering for the Conference
Every conference participant needs to register for the conference. Pricing information is online on our Registration Page. Note that pricing information is on a per person basis. Registering for the conference is a separate process from making hotel reservations - please make sure that you do both. Registering for the hotel only registers you for a hotel room and registering for the conference only registers you for the conference itself. Registration includes:
- All sessions for adults and children ages 5-17, childcare for children ages 4 and under;
- Friday evening reception;
- Saturday breakfast, lunch, and morning/afternoon beverage and snack breaks;
- Sunday breakfast, lunch, and morning/afternoon beverage and snack breaks;
- One t-shirt per person registered.
Experts Who Can Help
CWD has invited some of the top experts in the diabetes industry to share their ideas with you. In addition to the scheduled presentations, the conference faculty will be available during meals and breaks for more personalized discussion. Our faculty are very approachable - don't be shy about asking questions! This is a time to discuss anything on your mind relating to diabetes management. It's a great opportunity to network, share ideas, and interact with CWD's most wonderful and caring professionals!
In addition, for elementary age kids, tweens, and teens, there will be special sessions just for you on Saturday and Sunday. One area in the conference center is for kids ages 5-8, one area is designated for kids ages 9-12, and a third area is designated for teens. These sessions are fun and activity based - they will not focus on 'just diabetes,' so they are fine for sisters, brothers, and friends to attend! Please note that a child must be in their specific age-group; no exceptions.
We offer childcare on Saturday and Sunday for children ages 0-4. No separate child care registration is required.
Please note that all conference participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or adult guardian with them in the building during the entire conference (i.e., teens and children should not be dropped off to participate while parents go elsewhere). This is for health and liability reasons, and there will be no exceptions.
The program is designed to offer a variety of educational sessions all day Saturday and Sunday. Following sessions, late afternoon and into the evening, there will be free time to go to the parks, stay by the pool, or simply relax at the Disneyland Hotel. During some sessions, there will be a choice of speakers. The program will end late afternoon on Sunday.
The Conference Venue
The Disneyland Hotel is now accepting reservations for the Focus on Technology conference. Rooms are $190/night + tax, through the cut-off date of August 26, 2015 or prior to that if the room block becomes full. Note that in 2014, the room block sold out - and the hotel was entirely full - a month before the conference; please reserve early! You may reserve a room by calling 714-520-5005, Monday through Friday during business hours, or by using Disney's online reservation system.
Please make sure to state that you are with the Children with Diabetes Focus on Technology conference. Subject to availability of group rate rooms, you may reserve guest rooms at these rates for three days prior to and following the conference. Check-in is 3:00 p.m. and check-out is 11:00 a.m. Parking is available at $17/day for self-parking and $25/day for valet parking, up to two vehicles per room.
Note that there is a conference registration fee per family and that reserving a room does not register you for the conference. Rates vary according to the date of registration. Please refer to the website for details.
Cancellations prior to September 1, 2015 will be refunded minus a $25 processing fee. After September 1, 2015, no refunds are available.
For More Information
Contact Laura Billetdeaux for more information: Laura@childrenwithdiabetes.com or phone 734-353-9294 Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time.
For exhibitor or sponsor information, contact Jim Vail at Jim@childrenwithdiabetes.com.
Anaheim 2015: Focus on Technology Introduction - Registration
Faculty and Staff - Program - Youth Program
Nightscout Faculty - Nightscout Parts List
Last Updated: Wednesday September 23, 2015 18:07:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.