By all accounts, this year's event was one for the record books. By the end of the busy July 4 week, we logged:
- The largest group of First Timers we've ever had for a conference (over 700);
- The most NEW topics we've presented at a conference (33);
- The most new presenters for our adult sessions (24);
- The most T1 adults in attendance at a conference (220);
- The largest group of Youth Staff and volunteers to keep the Youth Program running (104);
- The largest number of Youth Staff who grew up 'in the ranks' at CWD conferences (47);
- The busiest exhibit hall, each and every day;
- The largest number of rooms we've ever booked as a group at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, and
- The most Mickey Bars consumed at afternoon snack break.
It was an amazing week. Inspirational. Emotional. Exhausting. Exhilarating.
It was Friends for Life 2015.
Our most sincere thanks to the sponsors who supported this conference and who each year allow us to make it bigger and better: Novo Nordisk, Lilly Diabetes, Sanofi Diabetes, Dexcom, Inc., The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, Tandem Diabetes Care«, Insulet Corporation, Animas Corporation, Medtronic Diabetes, Abbott Diabetes Care, BD, the Diabetes Research Institute and Foundation, and JDRF.
On behalf of the thousands of people you touched at Friends for Life 2015, we are so grateful for your friendship and support.
- Report from Sunday through Tuesday
Registration, Sports Central, and Renewed Friendships
- Report from Wednesday
Registration, Focus Groups, First Timers Reception, Grand Opening of the Exhibit Hall
- Report from Thursday
Breakfast, Sessions, Family and Friends Banquet and Dancing
- Report from Friday
Sessions, Teens Offsite, Adults 80s Night, Dessert with the Faculty
- Report from Saturday
Magical Memories Day, Teen Dance, Tween Social
- Report from Sunday
Farewell Breakfast and long goodbyes
A collection of over 1,100 photos from many photographers
- Other Write Ups
What other people experienced at Friends for Life 2015
- Video about the Retinal Screening at FFL
Learn more about this amazing part of FFL
Our generous sponsors make Friends for Life possible
- Jeff's Letter from the Program
Sharing news from the past year
- Laura's Letter from the Program
Reflecting on the new CWD
- Event Announcement
The announcement from the event
Ed Damiano revealed the iLet Bionic Pancreas
Will Cross helped cut the ribbon to open the exhibition hall
Will you be my FFL?
[ Report Intro | Sunday through Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday
Photos | Other Write Ups | Sponsors | Event Announcement ]
Last Updated: Monday December 21, 2015 15:03:00
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.