Children with Diabetes Foundation Benefit Day
At Universal Studios HollywoodTM
Sponsored by Abbott Diabetes Care
Take part in the magic of movies, stunts, and special effects -- all at the world's largest movie studio and theme park! Universal Studios HollywoodTM is suitable for children of all ages (yes, this includes all the CWD parents and grandparents!) and there truly is something for everyone.
- Your day will begin as the park opens at approximately 9 a.m. (subject to change, stay tuned). Each CWD guest will receive a "script" with the day's itinerary in their registration packet. Guests will also receive a wrist-band that identifies them as a member of the CWD group for our special functions. It will also help if you wear your conference t-shirt.
- Witness the all new Shrek 4-DTM, with hair-raising, eye-popping, butt-busting effects that put you inside the action. Immerse yourself in the thrilling worlds of SpidermanR, Terminator, and other Hollywood blockbusters. And unleash the power of movie magie in the Special Effects stages.
- Take a lunch or snack break and visit Universal CityWalk -- the Coolest Street in America! This is located just outside the gates of Universal Studios and is a tremendous venue for eating, shopping, and people-watching. If your feet are tired -- or if you are designated as the shopping-bag holder -- sit back, have a cold drink, and enjoy the scenery!
- Back to the theme park for more fun and adventures! Don't miss The Mummy Returns: Chamber of Doom...it's just like the movies! Make sure to watch some of the live-action shows and do take some time to hop on the Studio Tour tram to view some of the most famous movie and TV locations, sound stages, and sets ever filmed!
- At 6:00 p.m., the CWD group will gather at the Hollywood Globe Theatre and the Coke Soak Zone for a Hollywood Cookout! This is a barbecue dinner buffet, followed by a dessert buffet and non-alcoholic beverage service. The Globe Theatre and Coke Soak Zone are adjacent to each other- - indoor tables will be located in the theatre, while shaded outdoor tables will be available in the Coke Soak Zone. This area will be barricaded for CWD participants only, and you will need your wristband to join in the fun! Hollywood characters will stroll among our guests during dinner -- there will also be face painters and balloon artists for the children!
- At 8:00 p.m., the buffet will endů however, the Park is still open, so make sure that you visit the attractions that were missed earlier, or that you re-visit that favorite ride or show!
A note about medical assistance: Universal Studios Hollywood have health services located in the park. If you are in need of medical help, they will be able to assist you. This information will be provided in your registration packet. Additionally, several CDEs will be on hand at Universal Studios Hollywood and will have cell phones and pagers if there is a diabetes question or concern.
Thank you, Abbott Diabetes Care! Because this is a Benefit Event, proceeds from ticket will go directly to the Children with Diabetes Foundation. Six hundred tickets will be available at the special event price (see the registration form). When these are sold, additional tickets will be available, but at a higher rate. Please register early.
For more information, or if you have specific questions about the Children with Diabetes Foundation Benefit Day at Universal Studios, please contact Laura Billetdeaux at 734-428-8265 or via email Laura.Billetdeaux@childrenwithdiabetes.com.
Enjoy a spectacular day at Universal Studios Hollywood
Watch out for the shark!
Kids can meet their favorite cartoon characters
A spectacular day and night awaits you!
2004 Conference and Expo Home - Program Overview - Sessions - Faculty Thursday: Parents and Adults | Teens | Kids Friday: Parents and Adults | Teens | Kids Social Events - Focus Groups - Fun Run Pledge Sheet Sponsors - Exhibitors - CWD Foundation Benefit Registration & Childcare - Map of Attendees Retinal Imaging Screening Report from 2003 Conference Report from 2004 Conference
Last Updated: Friday December 03, 2004 12:13:48
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.