Friends for Life: Orlando 2006 - Comments from Participants
Here are selected comments from participants:
- Words can not express our deep gratitude to the entire CWD Staff and faculty for the "Enrichment of our Lives" because of the FFL 2006 Conference. As a family, the entire experience was overwhelmingly pleasant. But, for our daughter Casey, a life changing event! The most important lesson she learned was that she is not alone in this plight! Until this conference, she spent many a lonely day, thinking Diabetes was rare and desperately wanting to "connect" with other kids facing the same yet different, day to day challenges. You and the CWD community gave her that and so much more. Within hours of returning home, she was committed to provide others with the opportunity to experience what she did. Thank You just doesn't seem enough for the enormous effort and committment on your part, you have certainly made an impact on our family and we feel so blessed to have the opportunity to be part of such a wonderful organization!
- You will never know how happy you made Melanie during the five days we spend at the conference. She was so happy to see children like her going through the same things and doing the same things -- for all this and more -- thank you from the bottom of our hearts. This conference has had such a positive impact on Mel. She could not stop talking about will climbing the highest mountain and how Gary won an Olympic medal, and how someone could be in the NBA and NFL and have diabetes. A new world of new possibilities has been opened for her and the sky is now the limit. Thank you for this awesome opportunity. Mel can't wait for next year.
- As a first timer, we had a wonderful time! We just got back this morning and are already looking forward to the next conference. I was completely amazed by the warm welcome. We were realy made to feel a part of the "family" right from the start. Everyone was so accessible. What you have done here is just beyond measure.
- We just got back to Texas after 16 hours of driving. We had an AWESOME time. We had grandparents attend with us this year and they could not believe how much they learned. They thought the grandparents sessions were very informative. They were almost in tears when they left. They were overwhelmed by the friendship of all the people and the volunteers. This was our third conference and we will be back next year.
- Diabetes knows no boundaries. In this day and age filled with news of political strife, we can unite at CWD FFL and share our common bond knowing that our religious and political differences matter not at all, because we are bonded by the love our children with diabetes and one another.
- The entire conference was very uplifting. My son said, "Mom, I don't want to go to the next conference.... I NEED TO GO!"
If you have comments about your experiences at Friends for Life: Orlando 2006 that you would like to share, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
[ Report Intro | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday
Comments | Sponsors | Presentations | More Photos | Event Announcement ]
Last Updated: Tuesday October 05, 2010 10:09:20
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.