Here are selected comments from participants:
- Thanks for another wonderful conference. We appreciate all of your hard work and effort--it definitely shows. We always learn so much each time we attend a CWD Conference. It is great to keep informed of the technology that is out there to make our child's life better. We are not sure how we would have survived the past 5 1/2 years without CWD.
Ed, Shelley and Parker
- As a 'first timer' all I can say about the 2007 CWD Orlando conference is WOW! This was absolutely the single most informative and inspiring experience I have had regarding diabetes since my daughter was diagnosed 6/05. I love the information, but I loved the spirit and energy of the conference even more. The people I met were wonderful. The international attendees were a highlight for me since I found that our struggles with diabetes and medical coverage seem to be so universal. And the feeling of being safe and understood abounds at this conference. I came as the mom of a diabetic 6 year old daughter, with a friend, who is also the mom of a diabetic 6 year old little girl, and I left the conference feeling transformed. I somehow felt lighter and more hopeful for a cure and newer, better technology and meds in the meantime. Hearing leading researchers, educators, and doctors speak so passionately about diabetes has me hooked. To know that people like this are striving every day for a cure to this horrible disease has encouraged me to seek out more ways to be involved with advocacy/education for people with diabetes in anyway that I can. I just can't wait to bring my children and my husband next year! I know our family could use the boost of energy from this experience as well as the powerful information. I just cannot say enough GREAT things about this conference. Thanks to you and all of the CWD staff who make this possible.
- I just wanted to extend you the most sincere "Thank you" note for making this "Friends for life" conference wonderful experience possible for all of us. It's a lot of work and I just want you to know that we acknowledge and and value it. During these last 3 years that we've attended CWD conference, we've certainly seen it, not only as a Diabetes conference, but as a continuous evolving process year after year, with enhanced super interesting agendas, world class quality speakers and a very active participation of Government representatives, as Dr. Moritsugu and Dr. Harlan, advocating for us at very high levels and offering our families a huge window of hope in the search of a better quality of life for our kids in different arenas...in our journey to a final cure. I would also very much like to thank the all the CWD faculty members as well as the companies who have participated and so strongly contributed to make this event possible for all of us. For all of them, big Kudos and our eternal gratefulness.
Diego, Diana, Danyra & Manuel
- You have given me a gift beyond all proportion. Ross had a ball. He seems to have a new attitude and patience with me. Rachel has made connections with both siblings and those teens close to her age who are type one. I met parents, learned and learned to relax, too. Thank you. I will never be able to put it into words. I hope you know how I feel. I think you do. Ross is already nagging me about next year. He wants us to be "the first to sign up".
- To Jeff, Laura & all of CWD, we just want to say thanks. Thanks again for another memorable Friends for Life conference. You all work so hard that it just amazes us what all you accomplish. We appreciate all the benefits we get from FFL. We’ve made new friends, our daughter feels like a normal kid among many, we meet celebrities & athletes who are awesome role models, and we just have a good time. It’s the only place & time where we feel comfortable for our daughter to be out & about with her ffl pals & to give her a little freedom. We learn so much from the speakers & vendors we meet. And everybody is so nice & friendly. Diamond went hoping to meet a friend or two & came home with ten! We made new friends as well. And we had so much fun helping out with the tweeners. I get teary & emotional every time I think about how meaningful it all is to us. We just want to say thanks. Thanks for the conference. Thanks for all you do. Thanks for caring.
Rhonda, Bob, & Diamond
[ Report Intro | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday
Comments | Sponsors | Presentations | More Photos | Event Announcement ]
Last Updated: Thursday June 29, 2017 13:54:10
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.