Hugs, tears, high fives, photos, exchange of emails, buddy tags, and phone numbers. Omelets. Lots of coffee.The Farewell Breakfast on Sunday morning at Friends for Life.
Due to the long July 4th holiday weekend, most everyone stayed for breakfast on Sunday, and many CWD families stayed at the pool all day despite the on-again off-again misty drizzle. It was an amazing week with an amazing CWD family 3,000 strong.
A few last minute thank yous from Laura:
- To the CWD Marines – you know who you are; we couldn’t do a conference without you!
- To Jo Stroud, the room captains and the room helpers – you were amazingly efficient, and I truly appreciate how you kept everything running so smoothly!
- To the Set-up and Tear-down crews – you were behind the scenes before and after, and the conference could not happen without your tremendous efforts. Thank you.
- To Ashley Head – Thanks for coming across the ocean to be in charge of the Exhibit Hall! Next year, bring Phoebe and Shayne!
- To Dr. Szirth, Dr. Shahid, and staff – Thank you for donating a week of your time doing retinal screenings for our kids – we so appreciate how much you care about our kids!
- To Scott Kyllo – How did we ever figure out IT/AV before you started coming to FFL? You make it all look so easy!
- To Mike Schurig – No one has an inkling how much time goes into the FFL menus and carb counts. Great job, truly.
- To Monica, Sarah, and Hannah – We sure surprised the Hitchcock's with the disco shirts! Thanks for helping to get the shirts to all of the staff – secretly - on Tuesday and Wednesday!
- To the Flag Ceremony team at the Banquet – You guys were fantastic, and Kris Freeman was very honored. Great job!
- To Rick Philbin, all of the parents, young adults and athletes who helped out in Sports Central whether you were scheduled to be there or not – What an energetic and positive place you all created in Cypress 1! It was the best-ever Sports Central.
- To the First-Timers Team and the Registration Team – You make everyone who walks in the door feel welcomed. Warmer smiles have never been seen.
- To Rhonda, Bob, and Diamond Marquess – Thank you for 'owning' the 5000 Step Club shirts table! It's yours in 2011!
- To Michelle Rago – It was really wonderful for the kids (of all ages) to have a spot to personalize and decorate their name badges. Thank you for taking the time to organize and staff this!
- To our exhibitors – Thanks for being with us this week to share your products and talk to our families.
- To our sponsors - Each year, your support enables this Friends for Life gathering to happen in a bigger and better way. Thank you so much for believing in us.
- To Sam, Marissa, and all of our CWD kids and sibs – Thanks for being the inspiration.
See you next year – Friends for Life 2011 – Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, July 5-10, 2011!
Sunday is "see you next year" day for teens ...
[ large | full ]
... and parents!
[ large | full ]
For many who stayed over Sunday night, the fireworks capped a wonderful week in Orlando
[ large | full ]
[ Report Intro | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday
| Sponsors | More Photos | Event Announcement ]
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Monday February 24, 2014 15:33:51
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.