Children with Diabetes Foundation Benefit Day
At Universal Studios Hollywood Theme ParkTM
Sponsored by TheraSense
Take part in the magic of movies, stunts, and special effects -- all on the lot of the biggest, busiest movie studio in the world! Universal Studios Hollywood Theme ParkTM is suitable for children of all ages (yes, this includes all the CWD parents and grandparents!) and there truly is something for everyone.
- Your day will begin as the park opens at approximately 9 a.m. Each CWD guest will receive a "script" with the day's itinerary in their registration packet. Guests will also receive a wrist-band that identifies them as a member of the CWD group for our special functions. It will also help if you wear your conference t-shirt.
- Enjoy the attractions all day long! Come face-to-face with a man-eating T-Rex on Jurassic Park-The Ride! Chase Doc Brown across the ages in Back To The Future...The Ride, and thrill to the special effects of the Terminator 2: 3D attraction! For the younger crowd, Universal Studios offers the ultimate interactive blast at the Nickelodeon Blast Zone.
- Take a lunch or snack break and visit Universal CityWalk -- the Coolest Street in America! This is located just outside the gates of Universal Studios and is a tremendous venue for eating, shopping, and people-watching. If your feet are tired -- or if you are designated as the shopping-bag holder -- sit back, have a cold drink, and enjoy the scenery!
- Back to the theme park for more fun and adventures! Don't miss The Mummy Returns: Chamber of Doom...it's just like the movies! Make sure to watch some of the live-action shows and do take some time to hop on the Studio Tour tram to view some of the most famous movie and TV locations, sound stages, and sets ever filmed!
- At 6:00 p.m., the CWD group will gather at the Hollywood Globe Theatre and the Coke Soak for a Hollywood Cookout! This is a barbecue dinner buffet, followed by a dessert buffet and non-alcoholic beverage service. The Globe Theatre and Coke Soak are adjacent to each other- - indoor tables will be located in the theatre, while shaded outdoor tables will be available in the Coke Soak plaza. This area will be barricaded for CWD participants only, and you will need your wristband to join in the fun! Famous Hollywood characters will stroll among our guests during dinner -- there will also be a sketch artist available to draw caricatures of the children!
- At 8:00 p.m., the buffet will end… however, the park is still open, so make sure that you visit the attractions that were missed earlier, or that you re-visit that favorite ride or show!
Please note that participants must provide their own transportation to Universal Studios. It is approximately a 20 minute ride from the Pasadena Conference Center.
A note about medical assistance: Universal Studios Hollywood Theme Parks have health services located in the park. If you are in need of medical help, they will be able to assist you. This information will be provided in your registration packet. Additionally, several CDEs will be on hand at Universal Studios and will have cell phones and pagers if there is a diabetes question or concern.
Thank you, TheraSense! Because this is a Benefit Event, proceeds from ticket will go directly to the Children with Diabetes Foundation. One thousand tickets will be available at the special event price (see the registration form). When these are sold, additional tickets will be available, but at a higher rate. Please register early.
For more information, or if you have specific questions about the Children with Diabetes Foundation Benefit Day at Universal Studios, please contact Laura Billetdeaux at 734-428-8265 or via email Laura.Billetdeaux@childrenwithdiabetes.com.
Enjoy a spectacular night at Universal Studios
Jurassic Park-The Ride will thrill kids of all ages
ET is loved by everyone
Enjoy a barbecue dinner buffet and dessert at the Globe Theatre
2002 Conference and Expo 2002 Conference - Highlights - Faculty
Thursday - Friday - Social Events
Sponsors - Exhibitors - Registration
Map of Attendees
Report from 2001 - Report from 2000
Last Updated: Tuesday October 14, 2003 11:23:04
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.