Friends for Life: Pasadena 2002 - Comments from Participants
- I learned that those who volunteer do not realize how important they really are...
I learned that those who have done great things, don't realize how great those things are..
I learned that people who share in our struggles become our friends quicker...
I learned that those who have done great things for our children, do it for their own first...
I learned that opinions, turn into conversations, turn into ideas, turn into actions...
I learned that people are a lot more interesting if you listen to them...
I learned that children are just children while they play in the pool...
I learned that one man decided to sell all he had to run across the nation to shine a light...
I learned that one nation can be changed by one man or one woman who choose to reach for that light...
I learned that the light is made up of many parts and they are all part of one picture for the future...
I learned that children holding hands hope the light remains on for their future...
I learned that the future they long for is up to us...
I learned that if you bring the right people into the right place at the right time, you have the power to change the world...
Thank you CWD, you have taught us well.
---You are all one incredible group of people and I am humbled by what you accomplish.
Senior Development Director
Diabetes Research Institute Foundation
- I traveled all the way from South Africa to attend the conference thanks to Laura, Dr Quick and Stephanie Schwartz, who all assisted with sponsorships.
I learned so much from the various sessions and speaking to so many parents. We now have confidence to get my son pumping and I'm sure it will be a great success. I think he might well be the first child in South Africa to go onto a pump and we are in for a big learning experience.
Thanks to everybody involved in making the conference what it is today, a fantastic event that benefits our kids.
Joe de Beer
Dad of Dawid aged 4, dx'd 03/2000
- The Knight Family found that the conference was everything we hoped it would be. We came together with other CWD families to form one large family, united in the search for information and the hope for the cure. It felt great to know we're not alone in the fight for diabetes control, our daughter is not the only one she knows testing, injecting, and fighting for control. It was also great to put faces to the names of people we have corresponded with on the Internet. We made friendships that will last a lifetime. The vendors and sponsors not only gave us information and goodies, but gave us an opportunity for a little time away from the responsibility of the disease, giving us an evening off as they watched out kids. The "Quilt for Life" really brought home who is affected by diabetes. We were sad to leave, but anxiously look forward to Friends for Life Orlando 2003. Thank you Jeff, Laura, Lauren, Julia, Brenda and all of the CWD faculty. You did it again! See you in Orlando.
Patti, Ralph, Rachel and Amy Knight
San Jose, CA
- Our family had a wonderful time, learned allot and enjoyed talking with other parents that deal with the same things we do day in and day out.
There were so many good topics and sessions that my husband and I split up to cover more. We are still comparing notes! Our son, Kenny age 11 has taken something from the conference everyday to school to talk about. He even did his current event out of information that he got there. In the vendor hall we enjoyed speaking with several of the companies and seeing what is on the horizon. I was so happy to get information about a basketball camp. Kenny has always wanted to go to one, but I have been afraid to send him to a camp with they do not deal with diabetes daily.
Anyway, we all enjoyed the meetings, dinners, social time and just being with others that share our love for our kids and a dream for a cure.
Good numbers to all!
- This year was our third Children with Diabetes conference. Each year it just gets better and better! We're already planning our trip next summer back to Disney World for the 2003: Friends for Life Conference. The CWD conference is a unique experience for many reasons. Some of which are the quality of the staff, the dedication of the volunteers and the overall effort that is seen in all aspects of the conference. We enjoy seeing old friends and connecting with new friends, learning new techniques and meeting the highly respected experts in a field that is so important to us. Can't wait for next July.... See you next year!!
If you have comments about your experiences at Friends for Life: Pasadena 2002 that you would like to share, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
[ Report Intro | Awards | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Visitor Comments | Sponsors | More Photos | Event Announcement ]
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Monday April 19, 2010 16:08:42
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.