Diabetes camp is one of the best experiences that a child with diabetes can have. Camp is a place to learn self-confidence, independence from mom and dad, to be with other kids with diabetes, and simply to have a great time. It's also an excellent opportunity for mom and dad to take a break from diabetes. Almost all camps provide financial assistance to kids who are unable to pay the full camp fees.
The date graphic indicates the most recent information available. Information for some camps is old -- we do our best to keep up to date.
For Additional Information
- The American Diabetes Association has a position paper on the Management of Diabetes at Diabetes Camps.
- Tips for Campers and Parents.
- Camp Memories, in which campers write about their experiences
Get Your Camp Listed
If your camp isn't listed here or is and its information needs to be updated, please call the camp coordinators and have them contact us on our feedback page.
Camps in the United States
AL | AK | AR | AZ | CA | CO | CT | DC | DE | FL | GA | HI | IA | ID | IL | IN | KS | KY | LA | MA | MD | ME | MI | MN | MO | MS | MT | NC | ND | NE | NH | NJ | NM | NV | NY | OH | OK | OR | PA | SC | SD | TN | TX | UT | VA | VT | WA | WI | WV | WY
Camps in Canada
AB | BC | NS | NWT | ON | QC
Camps in Latin America
Mexico | Peru
Alphabetical Listing of Camps
- ADA Camp Aspire offers camping fun for kids in western New York
- ADA Camp Colorado offers summer fun for kids with diabetes.
- ADA Camp Daypoint is a day-camp adventure for children ages 5 to 9 in northwest Wisconsin.
- ADA Camp Freedom is a resident camp for kids ages 8-16 in eastern Pennsylvania
- ADA Camp John Warvel offers camp for kids with diabetes ages 7 through 15 in North Webster, Indiana.
- ADA Camp Midicha serves kids with diabetes in Michigan.
- ADA Camp Needlepoint offers overnight camping fun for kids in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- ADA Camp Rainbow is a day camp for children 4-17 with type 1 diabetes living near Houston, Texas.
- ADA Camp Sealth is an ADA camp that offers sessions for kids grades 1-12
- ADA Camp Triangle D offers children with diabetes in northern Illinois a summer camping experience.
- ADA Camp Victory offers a free camping experience for kids in Louisiana.
- The Barton Center for Diabetes Education provides summer camping, a coed Adventure Camp for high school students with diabetes, and year-round weekend programs for youth with diabetes, families and friends. The Barton Center includes both the Clara Barton Camp for girls and Camp Joslin for boys.
- Bearskin Meadow Camp in California includes a family camp for younger kids.
- Camp Adam Fisher in South Carolina is for campers with diabetes ages 6 to 17, as well as brothers, sisters, and friends.
- Camp Aldersgate is a co-ed resident camp in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Camp AZDA at Friendly Pines Camp provides kids with diabetes in Arizona an excellent camping experience.
- Camp Bluebonnet is a summer day camp in Youngsport, Texas.
- Camp Buck is for kids in Nevada
- Camp Carefree in New Hampshire provides two weeks of fun for kids with diabetes in New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.
- Camp Carowanis, a bilingual summer camp for diabetic boys and girls ages 8 to 15 in Mont-Royal, Quebec, Canada. (Version Française)
- Camp Conrad-Chinnock is located in the San Bernadino Mountains near Los Angeles, California.
- Camp De Los Niños, in the Santa Cruz mountains of California, offers camp for kids with diabetes ages 7 to 17.
- Camp EDI is a residential camp for kids from Illinois and Missouri.
- Dr. Barclay's Camp for Children with Diabetes at Camp Fitch hosts camp for kids in Pennsylvania and northeast Ohio.
- Diabetes Solutions of Oklahoma offers camps for kids and families as well as conferences
- Camp Floyd Rogers in Omaha, Nebraska, offers June camping for kids with diabetes ages 8 to 18.
- Camp Gilbert offers kids in South Dakota a summer camping experience.
- Camp Granada has held diabetes camp for 37 years in Monticello, Illinois.
- Camp Hamwi, in central Ohio, offers horseback riding and outdoor adventure.
- Camp Healthy Hope offers day camp for kids with type 1 in Rochester, New York
- Camp Hertko Hollow offers camping for kids in Iowa
- Camp Hickory Hill in Columbia, Missouri, offers a great camping experience for children with diabetes.
- Camp Ho Mita Koda near Cleveland, Ohio (the oldest continuing camp for kids with type 1 diabetes) offers residence camp sessions for kids age 6-15, along with programs for families, teens and children 4-8 years old.
- Camp Hodia, Idaho's camp for children with diabetes, offers camp sessions throughout the year.
- Camp Holiday Trails, a camp for children with special health needs, is located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Camp Hot Shots is a day camps for kids in Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota.
- Camp Hopewell, located 5 1/2 miles east of Oxford, MS, offers diabetes camps for children with Type 1 and children with Type 2 diabetes.
- Camp Huronda is a camp for kids with diabetes at Lake Waseosa near Huntsville, Ontario, Canada.
- Camp Ivy is a day camp in Griffin, Georgia.
- Camp Jean Nelson offers "the week that lasts a lifetime" to kids in Alberta and the Northwest Territories.
- Camp Jordan, hosted by Makemie Woods in Barhamsville VA (near Williamsburg VA), is for kids with diabetes.
- Camp K on Kenai Lake provides one of Alaska's most rustic and natural settings
- Camp Kakhamela offers kids and families in British Columbia a wonderful camping experience.
- Camp Korelitz, in Hamilton, Ohio between Cincinnati and Dayton, offers camp for kids ages 8-15 with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Camp Kudzu provides year round programming for children and youth living with type 1 diabetes in Georgia, including summer camp, family camp and other targeted programs.
- The Jack Rua Camp for Children with Diabetes provides unthought-of fun for children with type 1 diabetes, their siblings and friends at the beautiful Camp Buxton, located at 90 Pond St in Rehoboth, MA
- Camp Lakota offers overnight camping fun for kids in Wisconsin and is held in Rosholt, north of Stevens Point.
- Camp Leo near Shelton, Washington, offers kids a wonderful time in the great outdoors.
- Camp Lion Maxwell and are camps in Nova Scotia
- Camp Needles in the Pines is a one-week summer camp for children, ages 8-14, with type 1 diabetes. Held at Camp Boddie in Blounts Creek, North Carolina.
- Camp Nejeda offers a camping adventure for children with diabetes in New Jersey.
- Camp Planet D offers horseback riding and outdoor activities for kids ages 7-15 near Kansas City, Kansas
- Camp Possibilities is an overnight camp for kids with diabetes living in Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
- Camp Seale Harris is a camp for children with diabetes in Alabama since 1947.
- Camp Take Charge offers a week long overnight camp for campers ages 10-17 as well as a three-day family camp for younger campers. Part of Brainy Camps, associated with the Children's National Medical Center in Washington, DC.
- Lions Camp ADA Camp Victory provides a summer camping experience for kids ages 6-14 living in Louisiana.
- Camp Sioux offers a summer camp for kids with diabetes in North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota.
- Camp Sugar Falls is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes in Tennessee
- Camp Stix an independent, community based summer camp located in Northeastern Washington, for children and teens with diabetes throughout the Northwest.
- Camp Sweeney, located 1 1/2 hours north of Dallas/Ft. Worth, offers children ages 6-18 three 3-week residential behavior modification programs, two 1-week programs (1 in the summer and 1 between Christmas and New Years) and weekend family camps.
- Camp Too Sweet offers camp for kids near Roanoke, Virginia
- Campamento Diabetes Safari offers camping fun for kids near Mexico City, Mexico.
- Camp Vegas offers summer camp for kids in the mountains southwest of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Chris Dudley Basketball Camp in Oregon is for boys and girls with diabetes, ages 10 to 17, who want to learn about basketball.
- The Circle of Life Camp provides camping for kids 8-16 near Albany, New York.
- CODA Kid's Camp is a summer day camp for kids ages 3 through 7 near Columbus, Ohio.
- Diabetes Dayton offers Camp Tiponi and Camp Ko-Man-She for kids living near Dayton, Ohio
- Diabetes Destiny is held at NorthBay Adventure Camp, located in beautiful North East, Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay.
- The Diabetes Youth Program in Toledo, Ohio sponsors Big Shots Resident Camp and Little Shots Day Camp.
- DYFI camp for children with diabetes offers resident camp for kids in Indiana.
- FCYD Camp UTDA offers winter and summer camps for kids with diabetes in Utah
- Florida's Diabetes Camp sits on 47 acres on the shores of beautiful Lake Winona.
- Gales Creek, in Lake Oswego, Oregon, is located on 36 acres of beautiful woodland.
- Kiki's Kids Camp is a day camp for children ages 6-12 in Rome, Georgia
- Lion's Camp Hickory is a day camp on the Seneca River in New York for children with type 1 diabetes.
- Lions Camp Merrick / Glyndon Diabetes Program in Maryland provides a camping experience not only for kids with diabetes, but for their families too! Kids from the District of Columbia, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia are also welcome. See the schedule page for the dates.
- Lions District 24D Family Diabetes Camp Program offers camp for families in Chesapeake, Virginia
- No Limits Diabetes! offers week-long and weekend events for teens with type 1 and type 2 diabetes in southern Indiana
- Northern Illinois Day Camps provide a great summer experience for younger kids with diabetes, their siblings, and their friends.
- Moses Cheeks Basketball Diabetes Camp is a free day camp for kids with diabetes in the Chicago area.
- Riding On Insulin offers ski and snowboarding retreats throughout the US, led by pro-snowboarder Sean Busby, who has type 1 diabetes.
- Setebaid Services offers several camps for kids and teens with type 1 diabetes throughout Pennsylvania
- Stepping Stones Day Camp is a summer day camp for new campers ages 8 through 12 near Columbus, Ohio.
- Tennessee Camp for Diabetic Children offers both one and two week camping sessions.
- The Texas Lions Camp in Kerrville, Texas, offers camp for kids with diabetes and other disabilities. The camp is fully paid for by the Texas Lions.
Other Camp Listings and More Information
- American Diabetes Association Listing of Summer Camps.
- The American Camping Association has information about ACA accredited camps and a search page that lets you find camps for kids with diabetes.
- Camp Angels provides camping scholarships to kids in need throughout the United States.
- Summer Camps of the Canadian Diabetes Association.
- The Diabetes Education and Camping Association supports diabetes camps everywhere.
Last Updated: Monday April 22, 2013 09:01:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.