Diabetes camp is one of the best experiences that a child with diabetes can have. Camp is a place to learn self-confidence, independence from mom and dad, to be with other kids with diabetes, and simply to have a great time. It's also an excellent opportunity for mom and dad to take a break from diabetes. Almost all camps provide financial assistance to kids who are unable to pay the full camp fees.
The date graphic indicates the most recent information available. Information for some camps is old -- we do our best to keep up to date.
For Additional Information
- The American Diabetes Association has a position paper on the Management of Diabetes at Diabetes Camps.
- Tips for Campers and Parents.
- Camp Memories, in which campers write about their experiences
Get Your Camp Listed
If your camp isn't listed here or is and its information needs to be updated, please call the camp coordinators and have them contact us on our feedback page.
Camps in the United States
AK | AL | AR | AZ | CA | CO | CT | DC | DE | FL | GA | HI | IA | ID | IL | IN | KS | KY | LA | MA | MD | ME | MI | MN | MO | MS | MT | NC | ND | NE | NH | NJ | NM | NV | NY | OH | OK | OR | PA | RI | SC | SD | TN | TX | UT | VA | VT | WA | WI | WV | WY
Camps in Canada
AB | BC | MB | NB | NL | NS | NWT | ON | PEI | SK | QC
Camps in Latin America
Mexico | Peru
Alphabetical Listing of Camps
- Camp Aspire offers camping fun for kids in western New York
- The Barton Center for Diabetes Education provides summer camping, a coed Adventure Camp for high school students with diabetes, and year-round weekend programs for youth with diabetes, families and friends. The Barton Center includes both the Clara Barton Camp for girls and Camp Joslin for boys.
- Bearskin Meadow Camp in California includes a family camp for younger kids.
- Camp Adam Fisher in South Carolina is for campers with diabetes ages 6 to 17, as well as brothers, sisters, and friends.
- Camp AZDA at Friendly Pines Camp provides kids with diabetes in Arizona an excellent camping experience.
- Camp Briardale offers kids and families in Manitoba a wonderful camping experience.
- Camp Banting offers both overnight camp and family camp for kids in Ontario, Canada
- Camp Bluebonnet is a summer day camp in Youngsport, Texas.
- Camp Buck is for kids in Nevada
- Camp Carefree in New Hampshire provides two weeks of fun for kids with diabetes in New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.
- Camp Can Do offers a day camp experience for kids ages 4 to 9 in the Palos Park, Illinois area
- Camp Carowanis, a bilingual summer camp for diabetic boys and girls ages 8 to 15 in Mont-Royal, Quebec, Canada. (Version Franšaise)
- Camp Colorado offers summer fun for kids with diabetes.
- Camp Confidence offers a day camp experience for kids ages 4 to 9 in the Des Plaines, Illinois area
- Camp Conrad-Chinnock is located in the San Bernadino Mountains near Los Angeles, California.
- Camp Coral Kids offers camping fun at Parkside Elementary School in Coral Springs
- Camp Daypoint is a day-camp adventure for children ages 5 to 9 in northwest Wisconsin.
- Camp De Los Niños, in the Santa Cruz mountains of California, offers camp for kids with diabetes ages 7 to 17.
- Camp Dia-Best offers kids and families in New Brunswick a wonderful camping experience.
- Camp Discovery provides overnight camp for kids ages 7-15 in Ontario, Canada
- Camp Discovery offers a day camp experience for kids ages 4 to 9 in the Glen Ellyn, Illinois area
- Camp Douwanna offers kids and families in Newfoundland and Labrador a wonderful camping experience.
- Camp Earthworks is a day camp for kids in Rogersville, Missouri.
- Camp EDI is a residential camp for kids from Illinois and Missouri.
- Camp for Kids is a camp in New Mexico for children 8-13 years who have diabetes
- Dr. Barclay's Camp for Children with Diabetes at Camp Fitch hosts summer and winder camp for kids in Pennsylvania and northeast Ohio
- Camp Freedom is a resident camp for kids ages 8-16 in eastern Pennsylvania
- Camp Floyd Rogers in Omaha, Nebraska, offers June camping for kids with diabetes ages 8 to 18.
- Camp for Diabetic Children of Eastern Quebec (CEDEQ) offers camp for kids in Quebec.
- Camp Gilbert offers kids in South Dakota a summer camping experience.
- Camp Granada has held diabetes camp for 38 years in Monticello, Illinois.
- Camp Hamwi, in central Ohio, offers horseback riding and outdoor adventure.
- Camp Hendon provides a summer camping experience for kids ages 8 to 17 in Kentucky.
- Camp Hertko Hollow offers camping for kids in Iowa
- Camp Hickory Hill in Columbia, Missouri, offers a great camping experience for children with diabetes.
- Camp Ho Mita Koda near Cleveland, Ohio (the oldest continuing camp for kids with type 1 diabetes) offers residence camp sessions for kids age 6-15, along with programs for families, teens and children 4-8 years old.
- Camp Hodia, Idaho's camp for children with diabetes, offers camp sessions throughout the year.
- Camp Holiday Trails, a camp for children with special health needs, is located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Camp Hot Shots is a day camps for kids in Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota.
- Camp Hopewell, located 5 1/2 miles east of Oxford, MS, offers diabetes camps for children with Type 1 and children with Type 2 diabetes.
- Camp Huronda is a camp for kids with diabetes at Lake Waseosa near Huntsville, Ontario, Canada.
- Camp Jean Nelson offers "the week that lasts a lifetime" to kids in Alberta and the Northwest Territories.
- Camp John Warvel offers camp for kids with diabetes ages 7 through 15 in North Webster, Indiana.
- Camp Jordan, hosted by Makemie Woods in Barhamsville VA (near Williamsburg VA), is for kids with diabetes.
- Camp K on Kenai Lake provides one of Alaska's most rustic and natural settings
- Camp Kakhamela offers kids and families in British Columbia a wonderful camping experience.
- Camp Kno-Koma provides adventures for young people with diabetes in West Virginia.
- Camp Korelitz, in Hamilton, Ohio between Cincinnati and Dayton, offers camp for kids ages 8-15 with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Camp KUDOS is a three day day camp for children with type diabetes ages four through the 8th grade in South Carolina
- Camp Kudzu provides year round programming for children and youth living with type 1 diabetes in Georgia, including summer camp, family camp and other targeted programs.
- Camp JADA is a day camp for kids with type 1 diabetes aged 6-12 in the Jacksonville, Florida area
- Camp Lakota offers overnight camping fun for kids in Wisconsin and is held in Rosholt, north of Stevens Point.
- Camp Leo near Shelton, Washington, offers kids a wonderful time in the great outdoors.
- Camp Lion Maxwell and Camp Morton are camps in Nova Scotia
- Camp McCumber Diabetes Camp offers both family camp for younger kids and regular camp for older kids in northern California.
- Camp Midicha serves kids with diabetes in Michigan.
- Camp Montana is held at Beartooth Mountain Christian Ranch property outside of Fishtail
- Camp Needles in the Pines is a one-week summer camp for children, ages 8-14, with type 1 diabetes. Held at Camp Boddie in Blounts Creek, North Carolina.
- Camp Needlepoint offers overnight camping fun for kids in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- Camp Nejeda offers a camping adventure for children with diabetes in New Jersey.
- Camp Planet D offers horseback riding and outdoor activities for kids ages 7-15 near Kansas City, Kansas
- Camp Possibilities is an overnight camp for kids with diabetes living in Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
- Camp Rainbow is a day camp for children 4-17 with type 1 diabetes living near Houston, Texas.
- Camp Red Fox offers kids and families in Prince Edward Island a wonderful camping experience.
- Camp Seale Harris is a camp for children with diabetes in Alabama since 1947.
- Camp Sealth is an ADA camp in Washington State that offers sessions for kids grades 1-12
- Camp Sioux offers summer camp for kids with diabetes in North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota.
- Camp Stix an independent, community based summer camp located in Northeastern Washington, for children and teens with diabetes throughout the Northwest.
- Camp Sugar Falls is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes in Tennessee
- Camp Surefire is Rhode Island's only camp for kids with type 1 diabetes.
- Camp Sweeney, located 1 1/2 hours north of Dallas/Ft. Worth, offers children ages 6-18 three 3-week residential behavior modification programs, two 1-week programs (1 in the summer and 1 between Christmas and New Years) and weekend family camps.
- Camp Take Charge offers a week long overnight camp for campers ages 10-17 as well as a three-day family camp for younger campers. Part of Brainy Camps, associated with the Children's National Medical Center in Washington, DC.
- Camp Too Sweet offers camp for kids near Roanoke, Virginia
- Camp Until a Cure for children with diabetes offers resident camp for kids in Indiana.
- Camp Vegas offers summer camp for kids in the mountains southwest of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Camp Victory offers a free camping experience for kids in Louisiana.
- Camp Wana Kura is a day camp for young kids with diabetes near San Diego
- Chris Dudley Basketball Camp in Oregon is for boys and girls with diabetes, ages 10 to 17, who want to learn about basketball.
- CODA Kid's Camp is a summer day camp for kids ages 3 through 7 near Columbus, Ohio.
- DASH (Diabetes and Sports Health) offers several one-day camping experiences in the Bay area
- Diabetes Destiny is held at NorthBay Adventure Camp, located in beautiful North East, Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay.
- Diabetes Solutions of Oklahoma offers camps for kids and families as well as conferences
- Diabetes Training Camp offers diabetes, fitness, exercise, and sports education for adults with type 1
- The Diabetes Youth Program in Toledo, Ohio sponsors Big Shots Resident Camp and Little Shots Day Camp.
- FCYD Camp UTADA offers winter and summer camp experiences for kids in Utah
- Florida's Diabetes Camp sits on 47 acres on the shores of beautiful Lake Winona.
- Gales Creek, in Lake Oswego, Oregon, is located on 36 acres of beautiful woodland.
- The The Jack Rua Camp for Children with Diabetes provides summer camping for youth with diabetes, ages 5 through 14, their siblings, and friends. Camp Jack is held at the beautiful Camp Buxton, located at 90 Pond Street in Rehoboth, MA.
- Kamp for Kids, by the University of Delaware, offers day camp for kids with type 1.
- K.I.D.S. Day Camp is a free camp for any child with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes living in the Texarkana, Arkansas area.
- Kiki's Kids Camp is a day camp for children ages 6-12 in Rome, Georgia.
- Lions Camp Merrick / Glyndon Diabetes Program in Maryland provides a camping experience not only for kids with diabetes, but for their families too! Kids from the District of Columbia, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia are also welcome. See the schedule page for the dates.
- No Limits Diabetes! offers week-long and weekend events for teens with type 1 and type 2 diabetes in southern Indiana
- The PADRE Foundation Catalina Island Adventure Camp is a weekend getaway of team-building challenges, marine activities, diabetes education, and a variety of opportunities for personal growth for youth 11-17 years of age and their friends (with or without diabetes).
- Riding On Insulin offers ski and snowboarding retreats throughout the US and Canada, led by pro-snowboarder Sean Busby, who has type 1 diabetes.
- Saskatchewan Children's Camp offers kids and families in Saskatchewan both overnight camp and family camp
- Setebaid Services offers several camps for kids and teens with type 1 diabetes throughout Pennsylvania
- The South Carolina Youth Diabetes Association (SCYDA) hosts Camp Sweet Escape (two sessions) and SCYDA Softball.
- Camp Sweet Life offers outdoor fun for kids with type 1 diabetes in southern Minnesota
- Teen Adventure Camp is an overnight camp for teens at YMCA Camp Duncan in Ingleside, Illinois
- Tennessee Camp for Diabetic Children offers both one and two week camping sessions.
- The Texas Lions Camp in Kerrville, Texas, offers camp for kids with diabetes and other disabilities. The camp is fully paid for by the Texas Lions.
- Triangle D Camp offers children with diabetes in northern Illinois a summer camping experience.
Other Camp Listings and More Information
- American Diabetes Association Listing of Summer Camps includes many local day camps not listed here.
- The American Camping Association has information about ACA accredited camps and a search page that lets you find camps for kids with diabetes.
- Camp Angels provides camping scholarships to kids in need throughout the United States.
- Summer Camps of the Canadian Diabetes Association.
- The Diabetes Education and Camping Association supports diabetes camps everywhere.
- The American Diabetes Association offers guidance on Diabetes Management at Camps for Children With Diabetes (January 2012). Also available in PDF format.
- Stroke - Spin - Stride - The Diabetes Training Camp for Athletes with Type 1 Diabetes.
Last Updated: Wednesday April 20, 2016 17:39:44
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.