Medical Identification products can help ensure proper treatment of an insulin reaction in an emergency when your child is away from you. And if you travel, you shouldn't be without some form of medical information product. Products with the are recommended.
In addition to a medical identification product, CWD highly recommends the Quick-Fix Keychain, which holds four round glucose tablets and can be attached to your key ring. Everyone with type 1 diabetes who drives should have this product.
Readers from Europe should look at the Gluco Carry, which is designed for glucose tablets available in your countries.
Company Product Prices American Medical ID
American Medical ID
949 Wakefield, Suite 100
Houston, Texas 77018
Bracelets, necklaces, and medallions in surgical stainless steel, sterling silver, and gold (10kt or 14kt).
Prices start at $21.95
FREE engraving for CWD users
16797 South Haven Avenue
Orland Hills, IL 60477-6059
(708) 403-0425 fax
Created by a dad with diabetes to help his teenage daughter who also has diabetes, the "Diabetic Driver" decal affixes on the inside of the windshield to alert medical personnel or police who might come upon the car in an emergency. Click on the image to see it in use. US$6.95 for two decals. Includes shipping to US addresses. CoolMedID / DiabeticWristband
P.O. Box 330
Lone Pine CA 93545
Medical ID wristbands, necklaces and keychains are made of high quality silicone. Each wristband is embossed with the word "DIABETIC" or "TYPE 1 DIABETES" along with the medical symbol (caduceus). Available in Small, Medium and Large sizes, in a variety of colors. Visit www.coolmedid.com to order. Prices from $3.49 to $6.99 per item, plus $2.50 shipping/handling Letters N Wood
1 Prides Crossing
Flanders, NJ 07836
Letters N Wood makes a plastic diabetes emergency tag called a Sneaker Tag. Great for active kids or for anyone who doesn't like to wear a bracelet or necklace. Click image for larger view. US$2.00 plus self-addressed envelope for shipping. Miss Brooke's Company
P.O. Box 558
Bryant, AR 72089
(501) 847-5590 Fax
Aware BearTM is just one of 15 delightful medical identification charms made by Miss Brooke's Company. Made of either 14kt Gold Vermeil or Sterling Silver, each sports an easy-to-spot Caduceus on a red background. If your child with diabetes doesn't want to wear medical identification jewelry, an AwareBear or one of his friends might be just the ticket. US$14.95 to US$24.95 plus shipping Oneida Nameplate Co., Inc.
1697 229th Avenue
Manchester, IA 52057
Oneida Nameplate Co., Inc., offers a collection of inexpensive yet very nice medical identification products, including traditional bracelets and necklaces. One interesting product is the small vinyl shoe tag, shown in the photo. This is perfect for young kids and for attaching to a car key ring for teens and adults. 2 for $12 for vinyl shoe tags
2 for $16 for metal shoe tags
Sport Diabetes Bracelets for Kids offer an alternative to traditional metal bracelets. These bracelets are made of colorful nylon and have a stainless-steel emblem with "DIABETES" engraved. Available in both child and adult sizes, the bracelets are fully adjustable. Click the image to see a larger image of all available styles. MediCool sells the Sport Design product online. VitalID
3477 Hillside Ave.
Nanaimo, B.C. V9T 2Y9
$14.95 - $18.95 Beaded Daisy
37 Canoe Close SW
Airdrie, AB T4B 2N4
19.95 to 59.95 Custom ID Products
P.O. Box 19279
Seattle, WA 98109
(206) 287-9828 Fax
Stainless steel bracelets or necklaces, with or without a medical symbol (your choice) and personalized information. Though not diabetes-specific, you can specify three lines of up to twenty characters per line. US$19.95 Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation
1206 Potomac St. NW
Washington, DC 20007
Necklace or bracelet with the following text:
"I HAVE DIABETES
PLEASE TEST MY BLOOD BEFORE TREATING ME"
Those requesting the necklace or bracelet are asked to send a SASE to help control costs and speed delevery.
117 Nelson Road
Baltimore, MD 21208-1111
Mediband watchband and IDEN-TAG identification products. Laser imaged, satin luster metal tags. 16 lines include name, emergency contact, physician, medical data, allergies and medication. Mediband: US$7.95 + $2 S/H
Iden-tag: US$14.95 + $2 S/H
5857 N Mesa, Ste. 19
El Paso, TX 79912
LIFETAG® Medical Identification offers fun alternatives for helping children identify themselves in case of emergency. Bright colored bracelets, backpack zipper pulls, temporary tattoos and more will help children stay identified with items they'll want to wear and won't mind keeping with them. $5 and up MedicAlert®
2323 Colorado Avenue
Turlock, CA 95382
Necklace, large bracelet and small bracelet in stainless steel, sterling silver, gold filled, or designer silver containing name, condition (insulin-dependent diabetes) and emergency contact number. The first year's 24-hour emergency hot line service is included free. Stainless steel: US$35
Sterling silver: US$50
Gold filled: US$75
Designer silver: US$115
One Year Membership: US$20
10907 Shady Trail, Suite 105
Dallas, Texas 75011-7627
Toll Free 877-902-8929
Phone (877) 902-8969
Fax (214) 654-0697
Medic Assist™ offers Custom Engravable Medical ID Jewelry in 100% Nickel Free Surgical Stainless Steel, .925 Pure Sterling Silver, 2 Micron Gold Plate and Rhodium Plate. Our distinct product lines include Ladies, Men's, and Children's Medical ID Jewelry, watches, charms and more. Each Custom engraved piece is accompanied by a FREE wallet-sized Medical ID Card. Each piece is adorned with a red enamel Caduceus to alert emergency personnel and medical technicians to the wearers specific medical condition. www.medicassist.com is a secure website for all credit card transactions. Select "Children with Diabetes" on the order page and a portion of your purchase will be donated by Medic Assist™.
Prices start at $7.95 plus engraving fee and shipping. Medic ID's International
P.O. Box 571687
Tarzana, CA 91357
1-800-926-3342 (Toll Free USA and Canada)
(818) 705-0773 Fax
The Medic ID's line of medical identification products come in 14KT gold, gold filled, sterling silver, or goldtone. You can even get one with rubies or diamonds inset into the caduceus. Medic ID's goal is to create beautiful jewelry that also serves as a medical identification product. Available in pendants or bracelets, each in a variety of styles. US$30 to US$1,200 plus shipping Miss Ruthie's Kids
P.O. Box 4696
Metuchen, New Jersey 08840
Miss Ruthie's Kids, part of Life Jewelry, offers over 250 styles in kid's bracelets, charms, and pendants in both sterling silver and 14k gold. Medical idetification charms come in lots of kid-friendly designs, such as the bear shown on the left. Dozens of styles priced from $19.95 Sticky Jewelry
1033 Ninth St. N. #106
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
(866) 204-3533 (fax)
Sticky Jewelry offers an assortment of medical identification products, including traditional bracelets, pendants, charms, and watches. The boys and girls bracelets are $15.
Other Medical Identification and Awareness Products
- AlertPaws is a durable decal for vehicle windows, motorcycles, bicycles, documents, or other smooth surfaces and is designed with an eye catching symbol to attract attention even at a distance and help first responders quickly assess that a diabetic may be on scene.
- About Me Jewelry, founded by a mom who has a child with diabetes, sells medical identification jewelry.
- The Beadin' Beagle offers medical identification jewelry for adults and older kids as well as younger kids.Bracelets for Diseases offers diabetes bracelets as well as many others
- Child ID Bracelets by Sima S. Enterprises offers bracelets with a tab inside on which you can write your child's medical information
- Creative Medical ID offers stylish beaded and traditional medical identification jewelry with free engraving and a 90 day guaranteeDesigns By Diana offers custome engraved medical identification products
- Dream Design Jewelry offers fun and affordable medical identification products
- E K Access offers an assortment of insulin pump cases and medical identification products.
- Fiddledee IDs sells medical identification products.
- HAH Originals offers a collection of designed medical ID jewelry
- Hope Paige Designs offers medical identification jewelry and diabetes awareness jewlery.
- iD is a USB data device that can store your personal medical information.
- Jewelry by Beth offers medical identification bracelets for adults and kids
- Lauren's Hope sells medical identification bracelets and donates a portion of its sales to the JDRF.
- MedIDs.com sells medical identification products and has a printable medical identification card. They offer free shipping on all featured stainless medical bracelets and pendants for CWD visitors.
- MedPrompts provides medical paging services.
- Medsticks are medical identification stickers that athelets can apply to helmets. Designed by a motocross rider with diabetes.
- MyVoiceID is a small, pager-sized recording device that can replay whatever you've recorded, such as "I have diabetes. Treat me for low blood sugar."
- N-Style ID, started by the parent of a child with diabetes, offers fun and fashionable watchbands and medical identification bracelets for every occasion.
- Petite Baubles Boutique offers a wide assortment of medical identification products.
- Safety Sport I.D., Inc. makes medical identification products that can be sold as part of fundraising efforts.
- SafetyTat offers medical-related temporary tattoos, including diabetes.
- Scroll ID is a unique medical identification product that includes your photo and information on a paper rolled up inside a small, waterproof container
- Sol-I.D. is a self-laminating sticker that fits inside your shoes.
- TAH Handcrafted Jewelry offers Diabetes Awareness Jewelry and Medical ID Jewelry.
- The T.H.O.R. Foundation sells medical identification body wear (temporary tattoos).
Last Updated: Wednesday June 17, 2015 17:14:04
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.