Balancing Diabetes: Conversations about finding happiness and living well by Kerri Sparling. Published by Spry Publishing, 2014. ISBN 1938170377. Paperback, 200 pages. $16.95.
There are many medical books about how to manage type 1 diabetes, but there are precious few books on what is much more important -- how to live a full, happy life with type 1 diabetes. With Balancing Diabetes, Kerri Sparling reaches out to the real experts -- people living with type 1 diabetes -- to bring perspective to the challenges of living well with type 1. It is in the wisdom of these experts that we come to realize, as Kerri so eloquently reminds us, "Life with diabetes isn't about the diabetes itself, but about the life of which it's a part." Balancing Diabetes belongs in the home of everyone with type 1. Highly recommended.
Recently Featured Books
- Balancing Diabetes (7/18/2018)
- A First Book for Understanding Diabetes (7/4/2018) (New Edition!)
- Typecast (6/27/2018)
- Raising Teens with Diabetes: A Survival Guide for Parents (6/20/2018)
- My Life as a Pancreas: Reflections on Raising a Child with Diabetes (6/13/2018)
- The Smart Woman's Guide to Diabetes (6/6/2018)
- A First Book for Understanding Diabetes (5/30/2018)
- Type 1 Teens: A Guide to Managing Your Life With Diabetes (5/23/2018)
- Bright Spots and Landmines (5/16/2018)
- Raising Teens with Diabetes: A Survival Guide for Parents (5/9/2018)
Last Updated: Wednesday July 18, 2018 16:45:04
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.