Type 1 Teens: A Guide to Managing Your Life With Diabetes by Korey Hood, PhD. Illustrated by Bruan Ische. Magination Press, 2010. ISBN 1-4338-0788-2. 146 pages, paperback. $14.95.
Being a teenager is challenging. Add type 1 diabetes and it can get -- well -- very challenging. In Type 1 Teens: A Guide to Managing Your Life With Diabetes, Dr. Korey Hood offers teens a straight talking, no-nonsense guide that can help teens with type 1 not just survive, but thrive. Dr. Hood covers all the usual topics -- school, dating, alcohol -- but also emphasizes the importance of avoiding burnout, a topic not often explored with teens. Dr. Hood is a pediatric psychologist who works with kids and teens living with diabetes, but he also has type 1 and can empathize with the difficulty of living up to expectations that teens face. This isn't a book of "do this" or "do that." It's more of a strategy guide to help teens find their own way to success. There are so few resources to help teens, and thus this book helps to fill a void. Highly Recommended.
Recently Featured Books
- Type 1 Teens: A Guide to Managing Your Life With Diabetes (1/16/2019)
- Year One With Type One (1/9/2019)
- Why Me? Why Did I Have To Get Diabetes? (1/2/2019)
- Type 1 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults (12/26/2018)
- Understanding Diabetes, 13th Edition (12/19/2018)
- Typecast (12/12/2018)
- The Fight to Survive: A Young Girl, Diabetes, and the Discovery of Insulin (12/5/2018/2018)
- A First Book for Understanding Diabetes (11/28/2018)
- Bright Spots and Landmines (11/21/2018)
- Balancing Diabetes (11/14/2018)
Last Updated: Thursday January 17, 2019 00:34:14
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.