The Little Red Sports Car by Eleanor Troutt, illustrated by J. Chris Price. Published by the author and available through Lulu.com. ISBN 9780615132815. $12.95.
The subtitle of The Little Red Sports Car is "A Modern Fable About Diabetes." The story is about a car with an automatic transmission (e.g., the pancreas) that breaks. The car has to be changed to a manual transmission and needed a special additive to run again (e.g., insulin injections).
For parents of young kids with diabetes, The Little Red Sports Car offers a gentle explanation for what has happened to their body. It's a very easy read and is colorfully illustrated.
Recently Featured Books
- The Little Red Sports Car (12/4/2013)
- The Complete Diabetes Organizer (11/27/2013)
- Understanding Diabetes, 12th Edition (11/20/2013)
- Kids First Diabetes Second: Tips for Parents a Child with Type 1 Diabetes (11/13/2013)
- Type 1 Diabetes and Babysitting (11/6/2013)
- Type 1 Teens: A Guide to Managing Your Life With Diabetes (10/30/2013)
- Type 1 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults (10/23/2013)
- My Life as a Pancreas: Reflections on Raising a Child with Diabetes (10/16/2013)
- Until There is a Cure: The Latest and Greatest in Diabetes Self-Care (10/9/2013)
- Diabetes Rising: How a Rare Disease Became a Modern Pandemic, and What to Do About It (10/2/2013)
Last Updated: Wednesday December 04, 2013 09:39:26
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.