With recipe books now available as software, you can use your computer to help you with your meal planning. children with DIABETES will be printing reviews of as many meal planning packages as possible. So check by now and then to see what's new.
- AccuChef is a PC-based recipe software system that includes full nutritional analysis. A 60-day free download is available from the web site.
- Balance PC Diabetes Software is a complete diabetes management system that includes downloading from several types of meters, event logging, diet and weight targets, and extensive meal plan management features.
- CalorieKing.com includes an extensive, online Food Database.
- Cookbook Wizard recipe software offers a quick and easy way to organize and track your favorite recipes. A 30-day evaluation copy is available for download.
- DiabetesPlanner.com provides nutrition information and menus for people with diabetes.
- Food Smart nutritional software by Sasquatch Software, Inc., is published in cooperation with the Canadian Diabetes Assocation. Food Smart comes in home, business and professional editions.
- Meals 'n Carbs, a computerized meal planning program for the PC and Macintosh.
- NutriGenie is a leading nutrition software publisher. They have 24 products, the following of which are aimed at diabetics:
- Diabetes Meal Planner for Windows
Diabetes Meal Planner is a sophisticated and comprehensive diabetes dietary management system. Whether you follow the carbohydrate counting approach, or fat gram counting, or ADA food exchange system, this program will save you many hours of tedious planning and record keeping.
Price is US$59, but users of other NutriGenie products will receive a discounted price.
- Managing Diabetes for Windows
Billed as a "comprehensive diabetes management system," Managaing Diabetes is a computerized meal planner and blood glucose tracker. It comes with a database of over 10,000 foods, to which you can add your own.
Shareware registration cost is US$59, or US$49 when ordered directly from NutriGenie.
- Diabetic Nutrition for Windows
This software package has an extensive meal plan manager and separate sugar content analyzer. Unfortunately, the meal plan manager is strictly for adults. You must specify the age of the person with diabetes, and 20 is the youngest the program accepts. The accompanying Sugar Analyzer, however, doesn't use age. It just tells you how much sugar, in its various forms, you're getting in your meal plan.
Price is US$49. Registered users receive an upgraded diskette of NutriSoft Diabetic Nutrition with an expanded database containing approximately 10,000 food items and no preset limit on the size of user food database.
- Prescribing the Diabetic Diet is free and will help you learn how to determine caloric requirements, daily macronutrient requirements, use the Exchange Lists, and use carbohydrate counting.
- The Robi Nutrition Assistant is a small, lightweight digital food database.
- Spreadsheet users will find the Meal Planning Spreadsheet a simple yet informative tool to help them in their meal planning. The spreadsheet calculates grams and calories of carbohydrates, protein and fat based on exchange values. Provided by Dave Grenda (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can download the spreadsheet in the following formats:
Last Updated: Thursday March 18, 2004 07:57:48
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.