Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Efficacy of an Overnight Predictive Low-Glucose Suspend System in Relation to Hypoglycemia Risk Factors in Youth and Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Automated Overnight Closed-Loop Control Using a Proportional-Integral-Derivative Algorithm with Insulin Feedback in Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes at Diabetes Camp.
- Automated hybrid closed-loop control with a proportional-integral-derivative based system in adolescents and adults with type 1 diabetes: individualizing settings for optimal performance.
- A Simplified Semi-quantitative Meal Bolus Strategy Combined with Single- and Dual-hormone Closed-loop Delivery in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: A Pilot Study.
- Adjuvant Liraglutide and Insulin Versus Insulin Monotherapy in the Closed-Loop System in Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized Open-Labeled Crossover Design Trial.
- Correlation Among Hypoglycemia, Glycemic Variability, and C-Peptide Preservation After Alefacept Therapy in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Analysis of Data from the Immune Tolerance Network T1DAL Trial.
- Capillary blood islet autoantibody screening for identifying pre-type 1 diabetes in the general population: design and initial results of the Fr1da study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Progress and challenges for treating Type 1 diabetes.
- Partners for life.
Daily Care News
- Association Between HbA1c Variability and Risk of Microvascular Complications in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Influence of Age at Diagnosis and Time-Dependent Risk Factors on the Development of Diabetic Retinopathy in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Outpatient Care Preceding Hospitalization for Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
- Techniques for Exercise Preparation and Management in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Major adverse cardiovascular events with basal insulin peglispro versus comparator insulins in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Internet-based incentives increase blood glucose testing with a non-adherent, diverse sample of teens with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a randomized controlled Trial.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring: A Consensus Conference Of The American Association Of Clinical Endocrinologists And American College Of Endocrinology .
- Large-for-Gestational-Age Neonate Predicts a 2.5-Fold Increased Odds of Neonatal Hypoglycemia in Women with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Utilisation of emergency medical services for severe hypoglycaemia: An unrecognised health care burden.
- Age-Specific Trends From 2000–2011 in All-Cause and Cause-Specific Mortality in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes: A Cohort Study of More Than One Million People.
Legislative and Legal News
- Philadelphia-area YMCA settles a discrimination case involving child with diabetes. See also Justice Department Reaches Agreement with Philadelphia-Area YMCA to Ensure Equal Opportunities for Children with Diabetes and Justice Department Reaches Agreement with a Texas YMCA to Ensure Equal Opportunities for Children with Diabetes.
- Some Summer Camps Rejecting Diabetic Children.
- Investigation: Park City School District discriminated against diabetic student.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- This Diabetes Activist Hacked Her Medical Device and Made an Artificial Pancreas.
- Tubeless insulin pump gives independence to active diabetics.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research: Playing sports with diabetes.
- Grand Forks student participates in groundbreaking 'T-rex' diabetes study.
- What Is It Like to Raise a Child with Type 1 Diabetes?
- Diabetes doesn’t slow down IndyCar racer Charlie Kimball.
- First results of the Fr1da study—36,000 children already tested for early type 1 diabetes.
- A Polish vaccine against diabetes.
- Gluten free diet and nutrient deficiencies: A review.
- Is compliance with gluten-free diet sufficient? Diet composition of celiac patients.
- Transition from childhood to adulthood in coeliac disease: the Prague consensus report. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Evanston filmmaker focuses on celiac disease in new documentary.
Last Updated: Wednesday May 25, 2016 19:46:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.