Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Use of antibiotics in childhood and risk of Type 1 diabetes: a population-based case-control study.
- Tissue-Specific Stem Cells Obtained by Reprogramming of Non-Obese Diabetic (NOD) Mouse-Derived Pancreatic Cells Confer Insulin Production in Response to Glucose. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Timing of Allergenic Food Introduction to the Infant Diet and Risk of Allergic or Autoimmune Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Glycemic variability predicts inflammation in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Is the incidence of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents stabilising? The first 6 years of a National Register.
- Glycemic Control Indices and Their Aggregation in the Prediction of Nocturnal Hypoglycemia From Intermittent Blood Glucose Measurements.
- Anti-Thymocyte Globulin + G-CSF Combination Therapy Leads to Sustained Immunomodulatory and Metabolic Effects in a Subset of Responders with Established Type 1 Diabetes.
- The Receptor for Advanced Glycation Endproducts Drives T Cell Survival and Inflammation in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Glucagon receptor gene deletion in insulin knockout mice modestly reduces blood glucose and ketones but does not promote survival. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Daily Care News
- FDA approved Medtronic MiniMed 670G hybrid closed loop system. See also JDRF Celebrates FDA Approval of Artificial Pancreas System and FDA Approves Medtronic’s MiniMed 670G System: First Hybrid Closed Loop Insulin Delivery System.
- Estimating the reliability of glycemic index values and potential sources of methodological and biological variability. See also 'Glycemic Index' May Be Too Unreliable to Manage Diabetes: Study.
- Risk of future microvascular and macrovascular disease in people with Type 1 diabetes of very long duration: a national study with 10-year follow-up.
- Demographic and regional disparities in insulin pump utilization in a setting of universal funding: a New Zealand nationwide study.
- Seroprotection status of hepatitis B and measles vaccines in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Type 1 diabetes, quality of life, occupational status and education level - A comparative population-based study.
- Erectile dysfunction in young men with type 1 diabetes.
- Anxiety in Youth With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A Contemporary Estimate of Total Mortality and Cardiovascular Disease Risk in Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: The Pittsburgh Epidemiology of Diabetes Complications Study.
- Diabetes mellitus and cognitive impairments. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Legislative and Legal News
- Major victory as disability living allowance guidance changed (in the UK).
- New law allows non-nurses to administer insulin to diabetic students.
- Changes stem from lawsuit involving YMCA inclusion of Raleigh boy with diabetes.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- A diabetic gets fired over a $1.69 (plus tax) drink and Dollar General must now pay her $277,656.
- Diabetic boy, 14, 'treated like a terrorist' at the Eiffel Tower because security guards were suspicious of his insulin pump.
- Former Hendricken star Matt Creamer learning to live with Type I diabetes.
- Visiting Disney World With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Thomas Glass: Baritone; A rising opera star living with type 1 diabetes.
- Doctor slammed over failure to save diabetic teenager.
- Self-Reported Prevalence of Gluten-Related Disorders and Adherence to Gluten-Free Diet in Colombian Adult Population. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Fecal Gluten Peptides Reveal Limitations of Serological Tests and Food Questionnaires for Monitoring Gluten-Free Diet in Celiac Disease Patients.
- Prevalence of celiac disease in Indian children with type 1 diabetes.
- Immune response to hepatitis B virus vaccine in celiac subjects at diagnosis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Last Updated: Wednesday September 28, 2016 19:06:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.