Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Fluctuations in the incidence of type 1 diabetes in the United States from 2001 to 2015: a longitudinal study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Screening for Type 1 Diabetes Risk in Newborns: The Freder1k Pilot Study in Saxony.
- Circulating Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Type 1 Diabetic Patients: Relation with Patients’ Age and Disease Duration. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Enterovirus-associated changes in blood transcriptomic profiles of children with genetic susceptibility to type 1 diabetes.
- 25-hydroxyvitamin D, autoantigenic and total antibody concentrations: results from a Danish case-control study of newly diagnosed patients with childhood type 1 diabetes and their healthy siblings.
- Associations between birthweight, gestational age at birth and subsequent type 1 diabetes in children under 12: a retrospective cohort study in England, 1998-2012.
- A novel curcumin derivative for the treatment of diabetic neuropathy.
Daily Care News
- The Role of Peers for Diabetes Management in Adolescents and Emerging Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: A Longitudinal Study.
- ACE Inhibitors and Statins in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetes Care Disparities in Long-standing Type 1 Diabetes in Canada and the United States: A Cross-Sectional Comparison.
- Treatment with insulin analogs and prevalence of cardiovascular complications in patients with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Micronutrient Intake in a Cohort of Italian Adults with Type 1 Diabetes: Adherence to Dietary Recommendations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Route to improving Type 1 diabetes mellitus glycaemic outcomes: real-world evidence taken from the National Diabetes Audit.
- Maternal Diabetes Mellitus and Genital Anomalies in Male Offspring: A Nationwide Cohort Study in two Nordic Countries.
- Mortality and acute complications in children and young adults diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in Yorkshire, UK: a cohort study.
Legislative and Legal News
- Flurry Of Federal And State Probes Target Insulin Drugmakers And Pharma Middlemen.
- Several Probes Target Insulin Drug Pricing.
- JDRF advocates for all Canadians living with type 1 diabetes to be eligible for the Disability Tax Credit. See also Liberals accused of tax grab by clawing back disability credit for diabetics.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Westford resident receives medal for surviving 50 year with Type 1 diabetes.
- How Jordan Morris tamed Type 1 diabetes – and inspires future generations.
- Research underway to detect diabetes in children before it develops.
- ‘I am not diabetes’ - Rachel Portelli, Type 1 Diabetic .
- How these students at Corona’s Santiago High live with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Families pay thousands for service dogs they say misbehave in public.
- Gluten-free diet among school-age children in Olmsted County, Minnesota. Free full text available in Reader format.
- Intestinal anti-transglutaminase2 IgA deposits in children at risk for coeliac disease: data from the Prevent CD study.
- Eating with celiac disease isn’t easy.
- PvP Biologics Creates First Therapeutic Enzyme for Celiac Disease.
Last Updated: Wednesday November 15, 2017 19:51:17
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.