Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Defining Pathways for Development of Disease-Modifying Therapies in Children With Type 1 Diabetes: A Consensus Report. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Staging Presymptomatic Type 1 Diabetes: A Scientific Statement of JDRF, the Endocrine Society, and the American Diabetes Association. Free full text available in PDF format.
- American Diabetes Association and JDRF Research Symposium: Diabetes and the Microbiom.
- Alternate Approaches for Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes Drug Development and Potential Regulatory Approval: A Perspective. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Soluble RAGE and atherosclerosis in youth with type 1 diabetes: a 5-year follow-up study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Relationship between glycaemic variability and hyperglycaemic clamp-derived functional variables in (impending) type 1 diabetes.
- Shared Genetic Basis for Type 1 Diabetes, Islet Autoantibodies, and Autoantibodies Associated With Other Immune-Mediated Diseases in Families With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Long-term function of alginate encapsulated islets.
Daily Care News
- Disordered eating and insulin restriction in youths receiving intensified insulin treatment: Results from a nationwide population-based study.
- The Detection and Management of Diabetes Distress in People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Behavioral Programs for Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Intuitive eating is Associated with glycaemic control in adolescents with type I Diabetes Mellitus.
Legislative and Legal News
- Illegally Fired for Hypoglycemia.
- Diabetic students in Hawaii receive more resources under new law.
- People with diabetes in North Carolina, their parents, and friends are encouraged to contact their state senators on Reegan's Rule. This legislation will help ensure that parents are educated on signs of type 1 diabetes at children's' wellness visits. The North Carolina house passed the bill in a strong, non-partisan 111 to 6 vote. If you live in North Carolina, see this post at DiabetesDad.org for the quick and easy steps to contact your senator.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- I survived the deadliest day in Everest's history, and I'm still surviving it.
- Meet the Father and Son Behind a Diabetes Device With Life-Changing Potential.
- Roy receives JDRF funding to develop implants to treat type 1 diabetes.
- Oklahoma football: Mark Andrews' toughest foe isn't an opposing defense. It's type 1 diabetes.
- Kingston Shooter owes his life to his mother's intuition after he was diagnosed with diabetes.
- Diabetes no obstacle for UVM captain Alex Jenkins.
- A Whole New Carousel Ball.
- Young girl overcoming diabetes with a smile.
- Diabetes is all in the Blaylock family.
- Type 1 diabetes patient opens up about daily struggles.
- Contrasting the Genetic Background of Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease Autoimmunity.
- A nationwide population-based study on the risk of coma, ketoacidosis and hypoglycemia in patients with celiac disease and type 1 diabetes.
- Gluten-free Cheerios under FDA review.
- Celiac Disease Diagnosis Gets Simplified.
- Traveling with The Celiac - Austin TX.
Last Updated: Wednesday September 30, 2015 19:36:05
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.