Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Altered immune regulation in type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Co-Stimulation Modulation with Abatacept in Patients with Recent-Onset Type 1 Diabetes: Follow-Up One Year After Cessation of Treatment.
- Trends in the incidence of type 1 diabetes among Jews and Arabs in Israel.
- HbA1c tracking and bio-psychosocial determinants of glycaemic control in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: retrospective cohort study and multilevel analysis.
Daily Care News
- The impact of knowledge about diabetes, resilience and depression on glycemic control: a cross-sectional study among adolescents and young adults with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Routine behavioral and mental health screening in young children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Patient-centered Diabetes Care in Children: An Integrated, Individualized, Systems-oriented, and Multidisciplinary Approach. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Identification and Prediction of Group-Based Glycemic Control Trajectories During the Transition to Adolescence.
- The latest pharmacotherapy options for type 1 diabetes.
- Effects of Switching from Insulin Glargine or Detemir to Insulin Degludec in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- A Pilot Study to Examine the Tolerability and Device Preference in Type 1 Diabetes of Insulin Aspart Administered by InsuJet Compared with Subcutaneous Injection.
- Glycemic variability and oxidative stress in children, with type 1 diabetes attending a summer camp. Free Spanish-language full text available in PDF format.
- Pre-existing diabetes, maternal glycated haemoglobin, and the risks of fetal and infant death: a population-based study.
- Slowly progressive type 1 diabetes treated with metformin for five years after onset. Free full text available in PDF format.
Legislative and Legal News
- Complaint: Broward denies Pre-K to diabetics. See also Children with diabetes shut out of Florida prekindergarten programs.
- Family fighting for medical help at diabetic son's elementary school.
- Anger as diabetic children miss out on insulin pumps in Wales.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Sky is the limit for Toronto professor with Type 1 diabetes. See also Canadian with diabetes scales Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- Tributes paid to an ‘inspirational’ great-grandad.
- A New Life With Type 1 Diabetes: Jada’s Story.
- Whittier College women’s basketball team supports captain with diabetes.
- 66 year old St Helens woman receives a medal from Diabetes UK.
- 8-year-old saves father's life; dad: 'I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her'.
- Diabetes doesn't have to control patients' lives.
- High school hockey preview: Malone goalie Brown plays with diabetes.
- Bay State cyclist takes her grief on road, raises funds.
- Clinical picture of classical, atypical and silent celiac disease in children and adolescents. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Bone mass and mineral metabolism alterations in adult celiac disease: pathophysiology and clinical approach. Free full text available in PDF format via link.
- Dermatitis Herpetiformis: Clinical Presentations Are Independent of Manifestations of Celiac Disease.
- Going gluten-free may not help digestive issues.
- MTN reporter shares her battle with celiac disease.
- Gluten Attacked, and Food Makers Don't Defend Wheat.
Last Updated: Wednesday December 04, 2013 16:30:13
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.