Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Caesarean section per se does not increase the risk of offspring developing type 1 diabetes: a Swedish population-based study.
- Glycemic Stability Through Islet-After-Kidney Transplantation Using an Alemtuzumab-Based Induction Regimen and Long-Term Triple-Maintenance Immunosuppression.
- Proteomic Analysis of Disease Stratified Human Pancreas Tissue Indicates Unique Signature of Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Daily Care News
- Glycemic Variability and Its Impact on Quality of Life in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Quality of Life and Psychological Screening in Children with Type 1 Diabetes and their Mothers.
- Family preferences for home or hospital care at diagnosis for children with diabetes in the DECIDE study.
- GLP-1 receptor agonists in type 1 diabetes: a proof-of-concept approach.
- Use of Telemedicine to Improve Adherence to American Diabetes Association Standards in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes.
- Development of perioperative glycemic control using an artificial endocrine pancreas.
- Temporal variation of diabetic ketoacidosis and hypoglycemia in adults with type 1 diabetes: A nationwide cohort study.
- Blood Glucose Fluctuation During Ramadan Fasting in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes: Findings of Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
- Impact of Maternal Country of Birth on Type-1-Diabetes Therapy and Outcome in 27,643 Children and Adolescents from the DPV Registry. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Legislative and Legal News
- People with diabetes in North Carolina, their parents, and friends are encouraged to contact their state senators on Reegan's Rule. This legislation will help ensure that parents are educated on signs of type 1 diabetes at children's' wellness visits. The North Carolina house passed the bill in a strong, non-partisan 111 to 6 vote. If you live in North Carolina, see this post at DiabetesDad.org for the quick and easy steps to contact your senator.
- Teen diabetic gets $75K after being denied insulin during arrest.
- Lawsuit: Anderson Schools withheld nursing services for diabetic boy.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Kerri Sparling Sees Positive Changes for Patient Engagement in Diabetes Care.
- JDRF Is All About The Cure.
- Spanish Pro Challenge cyclist doesn't let diabetes defeat his ambition.
- Bath residents receive Lawrence Medal for managing type 1 diabetes for 60 years.
- People with diabetes are facing rising prices for lifesaving drugs.
- How this dog keeps a senator's granddaughter alive.
- Quality of life in children with celiac disease: A paediatric cross-sectional study.
- The hematologic manifestations of pediatric celiac disease at the time of diagnosis and efficiency of gluten-free diet.
- Frequency and Cause of Persistent Symptoms in Celiac Disease Patients on a Long-term Gluten-free Diet.
- Celiac Disease and Type 1 Diabetes in Adults: Is This a High-Risk Group for Screening?
- Repeated Screening is Necessary for Detection of Celiac Disease But Can be Restricted to at Genetic Risk Birth Cohorts.
- Enteroscopic findings of Celiac Disease and their correlation with mucosal histopathologic changes.
- Italy, Land Of Pizza And Pasta, Is Gluten-Free Friendly.
Last Updated: Wednesday August 26, 2015 18:21:56
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.