Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Effects of Prior Intensive Insulin Therapy and Risk Factors on Patient-Reported Visual Function Outcomes in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial/Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications (DCCT/EDIC) Cohort. Free full text available in HTML and PDF (via link) formats.
- Insulitis and β-Cell Mass in the Natural History of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) Vaccination in Infancy and Risk of Childhood Diabetes.
- Artificial Pancreas Device Systems for the Closed-Loop Control of Type 1 Diabetes: What Systems Are in Development?
- Metabolic Control With the Bio-inspired Artificial Pancreas in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: A 24-Hour Randomized Controlled Crossover Study.
- Successful Application of Closed-Loop Artificial Pancreas Therapy After Islet Autotransplantation.
- Immune Depletion in Combination with Allogeneic Islets Permanently Restores Tolerance to Self-Antigens in Diabetic NOD Mice. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Daily Care News
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Insulin Detemir Compared to Neutral Protamine Hagedorn (NPH) in Patients with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Spain.
- Intraperitoneal versus subcutaneous insulin therapy in the treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Streptococcus pneumoniae oropharyngeal colonization in school-age children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: Impact of the heptavalent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine.
- Empagliflozin in the treatment of type 2 diabetes: evidence to date. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Legislative and Legal News
- Mom says school banned daughter from trip over diabetes.
- Cobb withholds support for subsidising Continuous Glucose Monitoring for people with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Pennsylvania Lawmakers Call for Type 1 Education.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- The Doctor on a Quest to Save Our Medical Devices From Hackers.
- Glendale PD: Diabetes won't stop us from hiring qualified officers.
- Local father uses month of November to spread awareness about diabetes.
- How being diagnosed with diabetes changed my life.
- Sea Eagles star Brett Stewart is a Snake charmer for diabetic kids.
- Harvard's Doug Melton awarded for work on stem cells treatment for diabetes.
- At Walgreens and CVS, a Push to Collect Customer Health Data by Dangling Discounts.
- Celiac Disease Does Not Influence Fracture Risk in Young Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Miracle on Burt Road: Opening a gluten-free bakery and cafe was one Lexington mom's answer to her son's Celiac diagnosis.
- Age-related differences in celiac disease: Specific characteristics of adult presentation. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Last Updated: Wednesday November 25, 2015 20:17:57
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.