Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Development of glucose-responsive 'smart' insulin systems.
- Impact of age and antibody type on progression from single to multiple autoantibodies in type 1 diabetes relatives.
- Sodium-Glucose Co-transporter-2 Inhibitors and Diabetic Ketoacidosis. An Updated Review of the Literature.
Daily Care News
- Outcomes That Matter to Teens With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Effectiveness of SmartGuard Technology in the Prevention of Nocturnal Hypoglycemia After Prolonged Physical Activity.
- Change in hemoglobin A1c one year following the 2014 American Diabetes Association guideline update.
- Psychological Flexibility Among Youth with Type 1 Diabetes: Relating Patterns of Acceptance, Adherence, and Stress to Adaptation.
- The Canadian Hypoglycemia Assessment Tool Program: Insights Into Rates and Implications of Hypoglycemia From an Observational Study.
- Role of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Clinical Trials: Recommendations on Reporting.
- Objective Evaluation of Corneal and Lens Clarity in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Self-Reported Diagnosis of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes and Lifestyle Change Among Uninsured Primary Care Patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Legislative and Legal News
- White House says diabetics donít deserve health insurance. See also I Will Always Defend My Friends, Trumpís Budget Director Thinks People Choose to Have Diabetes, Donít Deserve Health Care, and Trump Official Says Diabetes a Preexisting Condition Not Worthy of Coverage.
- American Diabetes Association Extremely Disappointed and Saddened by Comments About People with Diabetes from White House Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney.
- American Diabetes Association Responds to Comments by White House Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney about People with Diabetes.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Rising insulin prices have diabetics crying foul.
- Nevada bill could force Sanofi, Novo and Lilly to reveal their insulin pricing secrets.
- Diabetics: Roche says it can save you big money.
- Diabetic Alabamian built her own artificial pancreas, gives away plan for free.
- Eric Paslay Treats Pediatric Diabetes Patients to a Private Concert ó and Compares Glucose Monitors!
- Diabetes just another challenge for IndyCar driver Conor Daly.
- Newton mom continues diabetes education eight years after sonís death.
- Gluten-degrading bacteria are present in the human small intestine of healthy volunteers and celiac patients.
- Celiac Disease Symptom Resolution: Effectiveness of the Gluten Free Diet.
- A B-Cell Gene Signature Correlates With the Extent of Gluten-Induced Intestinal Injury in Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Science Has Begun Taking Gluten Seriously.
Last Updated: Wednesday May 24, 2017 15:01:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.