Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Serum concentrations of transforming growth factor-Beta 1 in predicting the occurrence of diabetic retinopathy in juvenile patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Hyperglycemia promotes myelopoiesis and impairs the resolution of atherosclerosis.
- Treatment of Diabetes and Diabetic Complications With a Ketogenic Diet.
- Calorimetric analysis of the plasma proteome: Identification of type 1 diabetes patients with early renal function decline.
- Renal Lesions Predict Progression of Diabetic Nephropathy in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Relation Between Ljungan Virus Antibodies, HLA-DQ8, and Insulin Autoantibodies in Newly Diagnosed Type 1 Diabetes Children. See also Ljungan virus is endemic in rodents in the UK.
- B Lymphocyte "Original Sin" in the Bone Marrow Enhances Islet Autoreactivity in Type 1 Diabetes-Prone Nonobese Diabetic Mice.
- Status and trends of diabetes in Chinese children: analysis of data from 14 medical centers.
- Rodent models for investigating the dysregulation of immune responses in type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Daily Care News
- Detecting intentional insulin omission for weight loss in girls with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Do high fasting glucose levels suggest nocturnal hypoglycaemia? The Somogyi effect-more fiction than fact?
- Pregnancy outcome and glycemic control in women with type 1 diabetes: A retrospective comparison between CSII and MDI treatment.
- A 7-year follow-up retrospective, international, multicenter study of insulin pump therapy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Intense physical activity is associated with better metabolic control in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Structural barriers to coping with type 1 diabetes mellitus in ghana: experiences of diabetic youth and their families. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Insulin Pump Therapy Provides Better Glycemic Control Among Type 1 Diabetics.
- Accuracy of Blood Glucose Meters Draws Scrutiny.
Legislative and Legal News
- American Diabetes Association Applauds the Passage of Arizona House Bill 2042.
- Parents Face Diabetes Discrimination In Schools, Daycares.
- Duval County School Board approves change to diabetic student policy.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Peoria student represents Arizona at D.C. session on diabetes research.
- How to Manage Type 1 Diabetes As You Age.
- Diabetes service dog saves the day and night for Fort Worth teen.
- NFL Patriots release Kyle Love after diabetes diagnosis.
- Is dietitian use associated with celiac disease outcomes?
- Celiac Disease in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: Screening and Diagnostic Practices.
- Gluten-Free Myths.
- What is gluten? And other frequently asked questions about gluten.
- Mom: Disney show 'Jessie' ridicules kids with celiac disease. See also Disney Channel Pulls an Episode that Laughs at The Gluten-Free Kid.
Last Updated: Wednesday May 22, 2013 14:37:37
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.