Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
July 2018| May 2018| Nov 2017| Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Global and regional estimates of the morbidity due to type I diabetes among children aged 0-4 years: a systematic review and analysis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Maternal Dietary Supplement Use and Development of Islet Autoimmunity in the offspring: the TEDDY Study.
- Comparison of proinsulin and C-peptide secretion in healthy versus long-standing type 1 diabetes mellitus cohorts: A pilot study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinical Pharmacology of Fast-Acting Insulin Aspart Versus Insulin Aspart Measured as Free or Total Insulin Aspart and the Relation to Anti-Insulin Aspart Antibody Levels in Subjects with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Resistance to Data Loss of Glycemic Variability Measurements in Long-Term Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
Daily Care News
- Co-occurrence of early diabetes-related complications in adolescents and young adults with type 1 diabetes: an observational cohort study.
- Exercise modes and their association with hypoglycemia episodes in adults with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effect of Aerobic and Resistance Exercise on Glycemic Control in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Transition Education for Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: Pilot Feasibility Study for a Group Telehealth Intervention. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- An Intervention by a Patient-Designed Do-It-Yourself Mobile Device App Reduces HbA1c in Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized Double-Crossover Study.
- Cost-effectiveness of Initiating an Insulin Pump in T1D Adults Using Continuous Glucose Monitoring Compared with Multiple Daily Insulin Injections: The DIAMOND Randomized Trial.
- Identifying and addressing gaps in reproductive health education for adolescent girls with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- A Web-Delivered Multicomponent Intervention for Adolescents with Poorly Controlled Type 1 Diabetes: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial.
- To fast or not to fast during the month of Ramadan? A comprehensive survey on religious beliefs and practices among Moroccan diabetic patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Higher rate of hyperglycemia than hypoglycemia during Ramadan fasting in patients with uncontrolled type 1 diabetes: Insight from continuous glucose monitoring system.
- Development and Implementation of a Diabetic Ketoacidosis Protocol for Adults With Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes at a Tertiary Care Multicampus Hospital.
- Insulin Pump in Difficult to Control Type 2 Diabetes: A Single Center, Five Years' Experience. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Legislative and Legal News
- Congressional report says insulin market benefits drugmakers and insurers, not patients. You can download the full report. See also Congressional Diabetes Caucus Releases Report on Insulin.
- Increasing Insulin Affordability: An Endocrine Society Position Statement. (PDF)
- Supply chain transparency needed to combat soaring insulin costs.
- Some Patients With Diabetes Turning To Black Market For Insulin.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- This pediatrician will be the only female doctor serving in Congress (she has type 1 diabetes).
- The Good News About Diabetes.
- Diabetes advocate shares personal journey to inspire hope.
- How medical devices like pacemakers and insulin pumps can be hacked.
- People with type 1 diabetes 'missing out on life-changing glucose monitors'.
- Dakabin teen goes in to bat for diabetics over glucose monitors.
- Unexpected gift from ESPN star boosts fundraiser for 10-year-old with type 1 diabetes.
- Ron Powlus III embracing life and football with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Mum's horror as daughter almost ends up in life-threatening coma after doctors told her it was 'just a virus'.
- The Cost of Living: The skyrocketing price of a lifesaving medication.
- Protesters take anger over insulin prices to drug makers, some bearing children’s ashes.
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease in a Long-Term Study of a Spanish At-Genetic-Risk Cohort from the General Population.
- Motility Disorders in Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity: The Impact of a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Handbook of Minerals on a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Canadian packaged gluten-free foods are less nutritious than their regular gluten-containing counterparts.
- First Insights into the Gut Microbiota of Mexican Patients with Celiac Disease and Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Contribution of HLA-DQ2/DQ8 haplotypes in type one diabetes patients with/without celiac disease.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Tuesday November 13, 2018 19:00:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.