Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Relationship between Optimum Mini-doses of Glucagon and Insulin Levels when Treating Mild Hypoglycaemia in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes - A Simulation Study.
- Vitamin D and probiotics supplement use in young children with genetic risk for type 1 diabetes.
- Efficacy and safety of alirocumab in insulin-treated individuals with type 1 or type 2 diabetes and high cardiovascular risk: The ODYSSEY DM-INSULIN randomized trial.
- Pandemic influenza diagnosis and subsequent risk of type 1 diabetes. See also Pandemic Flu May Increase Risk of Type 1 Diabetes In Genetically Predisposed Patients.
Daily Care News
- Effects of Sotagliflozin Added to Insulin in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Eating Frequency and Carbohydrate Intake in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes Differ from Those in Their Peers and are Associated with Glycemic Control.
- Timing of Meal Insulin and Its Relation to Adherence to Therapy in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Investigation of Pump Compatibility of Fast-Acting Insulin Aspart in Subjects With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Efficacy and safety of dapagliflozin in patients with inadequately controlled type 1 diabetes (DEPICT-1): 24 week results from a multicentre, double-blind, phase 3, randomised controlled trial.
- Minidose Glucagon for Exercise-Induced Hypoglycemia in T1D.
- A Study Examining the Effect of a Short Bout of Postprandial Walking on the Glycemic Effect of a Meal: Type 1 Diabetes.
- Improved Glycemic Control in a Patient Group Performing 7-Point Profile Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose and Intensive Data Documentation: An Open-Label, Multicenter, Observational Study.
- Relation of parent knowledge to glycemic control among emerging adults with type 1 diabetes: a mediational model.
- Healthcare Resource Utilization and Costs Associated with Ketosis Events in Pediatric and Adult Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus in the UK.
Legislative and Legal News
- New law aims to give peace of mind to parents of diabetic children.
- Did a School Illegally Expel Two Children for Type 1 Diabetes?
- Congress must extend critical federal funding for type 1 diabetes research.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Growing Up With a Parent Who Has Type 1 Diabetes.
- Woodlands woman uses home to distribute diabetes supplies during Harvey.
- The designer who weaves clothes with her blood.
- Rising cost of insulin leads LI diabetics to take dangerous risks.
- Diabetes spikes among Mississippi children and no one knows why.
- The diabetic women risking blindness and even death by deliberately NOT taking their insulin to prevent weight gain as they are gripped by a terrifying eating disorder known as diabulimia.
- New Insights into the Pathogenesis of Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Nima gluten sensor makes being celiac a whole lot easier.
- Fluctuation of zonulin levels in blood vs stability of antibodies. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Last Updated: Wednesday September 20, 2017 18:41:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.