Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Oral insulin therapy fails to prevent type 1 diabetes, but some see disease delay.
- Racial and ethnic differences among children with new-onset autoimmune Type 1 diabetes.
- Retinal Ganglion Cell Loss in Children With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Without Diabetic Retinopathy.
- Seasonality and autoimmune diseases: The contribution of the four seasons to the mosaic of autoimmunity.
Daily Care News
- Retrospective Analysis of Continuous Glucose Monitoring Data With the Surveillance Error Grid Supports Nonadjunctive Dosing Decisions.
- Hypoglycemic Event Frequency and the Effect of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes Using Multiple Daily Insulin Injections.
- Adherence of self-monitoring of blood glucose in persons with type 1 diabetes in Sweden. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Effects of Basal Insulin Suspension at the Start of Exercise on Blood Glucose Levels During Continuous Versus Circuit-Based Exercise in Individuals with Type 1 Diabetes on Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion.
- Cardiovascular and metabolic effects of metformin in patients with type 1 diabetes (REMOVAL): a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial.
- Effects of Insulin Plus Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Receptor Agonists (GLP-1RAs) in Treating Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Low-dose glucagon effective for mild to moderate hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes.
- Short-term poor glycemic control and retinal microvascular changes in pediatric Type 1 Diabetes patients in Singapore: a pilot study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Variability of Diabetes Alert Dog Accuracy in a Real-World Setting.
- Management and Family Burdens Endorsed by Parents of Youth <7 Years Old With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Pilot Study of a Novel Application for Data Visualization in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Glycemic variability and insulin needs in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus supplemented with vitamin D: a pilot study using continuous glucose monitoring system.
- Basal and Bolus Insulin Dose Changes after Switching Basal Insulin to Insulin Degludec in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Pilot Study.
- Markedly increased incidence of critical illness in adults with Type 1 diabetes.
Legislative and Legal News
- Nevada forces drugmakers to reveal insulin pricing, profits.
- Nevada bill would require insulin makers to post profits.
- New law lets schools help diabetic students.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Camp Ho Mita Koda for children with diabetes to re-open for two weeks in July.
- Diabetes camp educates, entertains.
- Newport man aims to be first Type 1 diabetic to row Atlantic.
- Ethan Explains Type 1 Diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetics talk about reality of decades of daily life with the condition.
- Accuracy of Tests for Antibodies Against Tissue-transglutaminase in Diagnosis of Celiac Disease, Without Biopsy.
- Delay in diagnosis of celiac disease in patients without gastrointestinal complaints.
- The Long-Term Consumption of Oats in Celiac Disease Patients Is Safe: A Large Cross-Sectional Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gluten-sniffing dogs help people with celiac disease.
- Honors student presents celiac disease research at conference in Pittsburgh.
Last Updated: Wednesday June 21, 2017 18:45:09
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.