Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Alterations in Intestinal Microbiota Correlate with Susceptibility to Type 1 Diabetes.
- Microneedle-array patches loaded with hypoxia-sensitive vesicles provide fast glucose-responsive insulin delivery. See also Smart insulin patch could replace painful injections for diabetes.
- Insulin Delivery into the Peripheral Circulation: a Key Contributor to Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- New Insulin Glargine 300 Units/mL Versus Glargine 100 Units/mL in People With Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized, Phase 3a, Open-Label Clinical Trial (EDITION 4).
- Long-Term Control of Diabetes in Immunosuppressed Nonhuman Primates (NHP) by the Transplantation of Adult Porcine Islets.
- Empagliflozin as adjunct to insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes: a 4-week, randomized, placebo-controlled trial (EASE-1).
- A run on the biobank: what have we learned about type 1 diabetes from the nPOD tissue repository?
- Lipoprotein subfraction cholesterol distribution is more atherogenic in insulin resistant adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Sustained treatment with a stable long-acting oxyntomodulin analogue improves metabolic control and islet morphology in an experimental model of type 1 diabetes.
Daily Care News
- "Having diabetes shouldn't stop them": healthcare professionals' perceptions of physical activity in children with Type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Family Perspectives of Components of a Diabetes Transition Program.
- Social well-being of young adults with type 1 diabetes since childhood. The Oulu cohort study of diabetic retinopathy.
- Type 1 diabetes and risk of fracture: meta-analysis and review of the literature.
- Treated Autoimmune Thyroid Disease Is Associated with a Decreased Quality of Life among Young Persons with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinical review: insulin pump-associated adverse events in adults and children.
- Cardiac Autonomic Neuropathy and Early Progressive Renal Decline in Patients with Nonmacroalbuminuric Type 1 Diabetes.
- Hospital admission for diabetic ketoacidosis or severe hypoglycemia in 31,330 young patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Postmortem diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Free full text available in PDF format.
Legislative and Legal News
- School nurses concerned about repercussions of diabetes bill.
- Mother of diabetic student sues Eastern High School staff for negligence.
- Graham pushing legislation to aid diabetes detection.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Unique Transplant Gives Diabetes Patients New Lease on Life.
- I had to pin down my six-year-old daughter to inject her before she ate.
- 630 Under 30: Sproutel's 'Jerry the Bear' helps kids manage diabetes.
- NASCAR America: Ryan Reed overcomes odds, balances diabetes and racing (VIDEO).
- U.S. skiing champion tells kids with Type 1 diabetes how he wins with the same disease.
- Overcoming obstacle.
- Naples star sets national long jump record.
- Diabetic to compete in Cohasset triathlon that benefits diabetes research efforts.
- ISJ Girls Golfer of the Year: Highland's Payton Fehringer.
- Diabetic twin sisters are hopeful that Type 1 will become type none.
- Olympic swimmer Barbara Jardin, a Type 1 diabetic, on a crowdfunded comeback.
- The Interaction among Microbiota, Immunity, and Genetic and Dietary Factors Is the Condicio Sine Qua Non Celiac Disease Can Develop. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Possible association between celiac disease and bacterial transglutaminase in food processing: a hypothesis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Socioeconomic Risk Factors for Celiac Disease Burden and Symptoms.
- Big Steps Toward a Gluten-Free Future.
Last Updated: Wednesday June 24, 2015 20:34:08
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.