Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Effectiveness of a Predictive Algorithm in the Prevention of Exercise-Induced Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Effect of autoimmunity risk loci on the honeymoon phase in type 1 diabetes.
- Islet transplantation provides superior glycemic control with less hypoglycemia compared to continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) or multiple daily insulin injections (MDI).
Daily Care News
- The role of glycemia in insulin resistance in youth with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Postpartum hypoglycaemia is common in the immediate postpartum period in Type 1 diabetes.
- Contemporary type 1 diabetes pregnancy outcomes: impact of obesity and glycaemic control.
- Adherence to insulin therapeutic regimens in patients with type 1 diabetes. A nationwide survey in Brazil.
Legislative and Legal News
- Changes stem from lawsuit involving YMCA inclusion of Raleigh boy with diabetes.
- Success for family campaigning after insulin pump airport ordeal.
- Lawsuit Accuses U.S. Army of Denying Diabetes Treatment for Children on Army Bases.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Despite Challenges, RaeLynn, Eric Paslay and Other Stars Don't Let Type 1 Diabetes Limit Their Dreams.
- When 'normal teen' stuff is a warning sign of illness: What parents should know.
- Author Kurt Andersen Talks About Life With Diabetes.
- Will Your Prescription Meds Be Covered Next Year? Better Check.
- Will Embryonic Stem Cells Ever Cure Anything?
- The gluten-free basic food basket: a problem of availability, cost and nutritional composition.
- Cancer in first-degree relatives of people with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- A Comparison of Patients' and Doctors' Reports on Health Related Quality of Life in Celiac Disease.
Last Updated: Wednesday August 17, 2016 20:32:51
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.