Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Reprogramming human gallbladder cells into insulin-producing β-like cells. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Efficacy and safety of Biosimilar (SAR342434 insulin lispro) in adults with type 1 diabetes also using insulin glargine-SORELLA 1 study. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Biosimilar of Humalog Shows Non-Inferiority in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Attenuated Suppression of Lipolysis Explains Increases in Triglyceride Secretion and Concentration with Basal Insulin Peglispro (BIL) Relative to Insulin Glargine Treatment in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Single Dose Euglycemic Clamp Studies Demonstrating Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Similarity Between MK-1293 Insulin Glargine and Originator Insulin Glargine (Lantus) in Type 1 Diabetes and Healthy Subjects.
- Detection of Islet Cell Immune Reactivity with Low Glycemic Index Foods: Is This a Concern for Type 1 Diabetes? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Daily Care News
- Budget impact of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion therapy in patients with type 1 diabetes who experience severe recurrent hypoglycemic episodes in Spain.
- Caregiving for children with type 1 diabetes and clinical outcomes in central India: The IDREAM study.
- Hyperglycemia in Young Adults Seen in the Emergency Department: A Health Records Review.
- Design and development of a stepped-care behavioral intervention to support parents of young children newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
- Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating Symptoms in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Improving the transition from pediatric to adult diabetes care: the pediatric care provider's perspective in Quebec, Canada. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Study stresses importance of diabetes transition from adolescent to adult care.
- Temporal changes in frequency of severe hypoglycemia treated by emergency medical services in types 1 and 2 diabetes: a population-based data-linkage cohort study.
- Comparison of adjunctive therapy with metformin and acarbose in patients with Type-1 diabetes mellitus.
Legislative and Legal News
- Congress must extend critical federal funding for type 1 diabetes research.
- Nevada forces drugmakers to reveal insulin pricing, profits.
- Nevada bill would require insulin makers to post profits.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Kettering apologizes for not allowing girl on water slide because of insulin pump.
- Diabetic sailor Adam Pereira heading home after trip across Atlantic.
- Gladstone man awarded for surviving 60 years of diabetes.
- Nick Haynes winning fight with diabetes.
- IBM aims machine learning at type 1 diabetes with JDRF partnership. See also JDRF and IBM piece together the puzzle of type 1 diabetes.
- In diabetes device era, parents still report substantial type 1 burden.
- Celiac Disease and Nonceliac Gluten Sensitivity: A Review.
- Screening for Celiac Disease: A Systematic Review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force . Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Progress towards non-invasive diagnosis and follow-up of celiac disease in children; a prospective multicentre study to the usefulness of plasma I-FABP.
- Gluten-Intolerant Student Set to Make History with Lawsuit Over Meal Exclusion.
Last Updated: Wednesday August 23, 2017 19:50:13
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.