Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Nov 2017| Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Early Infant Diet and Islet Autoimmunity in the TEDDY Study.
- Incidence of type 1 diabetes in China, 2010-13: population based study. See also Type 1 Diabetes on the Rise in China, Most New Cases in Adults.
- Incidence of childhood onset type 1 diabetes in Western Australia from 1985 to 2016: Evidence for a plateau.
- Basal Insulin Peglispro Increases Lipid Oxidation, Metabolic Flexibility, Thermogenesis And Ketone Bodies Compared To Insulin Glargine In Subjects With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Efficacy and safety of fast-acting insulin aspart in comparison with insulin aspart in type 1 diabetes (onset 1): a 52-week, randomized, treat-to-target, phase 3 trial.
Daily Care News
- Risk of Infection in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Compared With the General Population: A Matched Cohort Study.
- Concealment of type 1 diabetes at work in Finland: a mixed-method study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Motivations for Participation in an Online Social Media Community for Diabetes.
- Unexpected Management Behaviors in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes Using Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy.
- Improving the Care of Youth With Type 1 Diabetes With a Novel Medical-Legal Community Intervention: The Diabetes Community Care Ambassador Program.
- Effects of the dietary approaches to stop hypertension (DASH) diet on glucose variability in youth with Type 1 diabetes.
- Efficacy of automatic bolus calculator with automatic speech recognition in patients with type 1 diabetes: a randomized crossover trial.
- Safety and Efficacy of Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) Inhibitors in Type 1 Diabetes: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Ovarian markers and irregular menses among women with type 1 diabetes in the Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications study.
Legislative and Legal News
- Colorado state representative introduces new legislation aimed at making insulin pricing more transparent.
- State Rep. Dylan Roberts plans to introduce bill to bring transparency to insulin prices in Colorado.
- Diabetes Shouldnâ€™t Bankrupt You.
- Parents agonize over their kids' health as funding for children's insurance program remains in doubt.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Eric Paslay brings encouragement, guitar tips to Vanderbilt children's hospital.
- Diabetic middle schoolers welcome newcomer to their 'band of brothers'.
- Diabetes doesn’t deter this young Chesterfield dancer.
- Hawaii athlete with Type 1 diabetes helps raise $100,000 to find a cure.
- Baking relative supports three generations of Calgary family diagnosed with extremely rare form of diabetes.
- Stem cell implant trial aims to reverse Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetics living longer but medical costs growing rapidly.
- Long term effects of gluten-free diet in non-celiac wheat sensitivity.
- 7 Things I Love About Having Celiac Disease.
- Celiac in Paris.
Last Updated: Wednesday January 17, 2018 19:48:17
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.