Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- First report on the nationwide incidence and prevalence of Type 1 diabetes among children in Turkey.
- Beta-cell mass in non-diabetic autoantibody-positive subjects: an analysis based on the nPOD database.
- Significant elevation of serum dipeptidyl peptidase-4 activity in young-adult type 1 diabetes.
- Recognition of ZnT8, Proinsulin, and Homologous MAP Peptides in Sardinian Children at Risk of T1D Precedes Detection of Classical Islet Antibodies. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Implication of Cytotoxic Helicobacter pylori Infection in Autoimmune Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Resting beta-cells - A functional reserve?
- High glucose-induced hyperosmolarity contributes to COX-2 expression and angiogenesis: implications for diabetic retinopathy. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
Daily Care News
- Assessing the Accuracy of Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Calibrated With Capillary Values Using Capillary or Venous Glucose Levels as a Reference.
- Cardiovascular disease guideline adherence and self-reported statin use in longstanding type 1 diabetes: results from the Canadian study of longevity in diabetes cohort. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia in subjects with type 1 diabetes. Results of an online survey in a diabetes web site.
- Continuous insulin therapy versus multiple insulin injections in the management of type 1 diabetes: a longitudinal study first experience in Brazil.
- Indications for the use of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- QT interval, corrected for heart rate, is associated with HbA1c concentration and autonomic function in diabetes.
- Functional hearing deficits in children with Type 1 diabetes.
- Effect of Volume of Fluid Resuscitation on Metabolic Normalization in Children Presenting in Diabetic Ketoacidosis: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
Legislative and Legal News
- Private School Expels Child With Type 1.
- Raise awareness of the symptoms of Type 1 diabetes in the UK.
- Diabetic's mom seeks ruling against school.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- An Eating Disorder in People With Diabetes.
- Teen raising money for kits that will help ease diabetes fear.
- What it means to live with diabetes.
- Infant feeding and risk of developing celiac disease: a systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac disease in a large cohort of children and adolescents with recurrent headache: A retrospective study.
- 273 Fast Food Chains Across North America Commit to Gluten Free.
Last Updated: Wednesday February 03, 2016 22:58:01
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.