Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Implication of the intestinal microbiome as a potential surrogate marker of immune responsiveness to experimental therapies in autoimmune diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- An analysis of the survival outcomes of simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantation compared to live donor kidney transplantation in patients with type 1 diabetes: a UK Transplant Registry study.
- Vaccinations in early life are not associated with development of islet autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes high-risk children: Results from prospective cohort data.
Daily Care News
- Long-Term Effects of Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion on Glucose Control and Microvascular Complications in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Comparison of Insulin Pump Therapy and Multiple Daily Injections Insulin Regimen in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes During Ramadan Fasting.
- Differences in depression, treatment satisfaction and injection behavior in adults with type 1 diabetes and different degrees of lipohypertrophy.
- Schooling diabetes: Use of continuous glucose monitoring and remote monitors in the home and school settings.
- Liraglutide acutely suppresses glucagon, lipolysis and ketogenesis in type 1 diabetes.
- Blood glucose kinetics and physiological changes in a type 1 diabetic finisher of the Ultraman triathlon: a case study.
- Self- and parent-reported executive problems in adolescents with type 1 diabetes are associated with poor metabolic control and low physical activity.
- Metformin as add-on to intensive insulin therapy in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Late-onset islet autoimmunity in childhood: the Diabetes Autoimmunity Study in the Young (DAISY).
- Social economic costs of type 1 diabetes mellitus in pediatric patients in Spain: CHRYSTAL observational study.
Legislative and Legal News
- The T1D Exchange and Diabetes Patient Advocacy Coalition (DPAC) urge families to Act Now to Protect Affordable Healthcare for People with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Price of insulin has many with diabetes concerned about survival.
- Opening Up the Black Box on PBMs (Pharmacy Benefit Managers).
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Colorado Springs family adapts to reality of Type 1 diabetes as, one after one, children are diagnosed.
- 11-year-old with diabetes excited to participate in Tour de Cure for third year.
- Kidnap Victim Brittany Diggs: Insulin Pump Aided Trunk Escape.
- Worried about losing insurance, people stockpile medications.
- Reduced Bone Mineral Density in Children with Screening-detected Celiac Disease.
- Recent advances in pediatric celiac disease.
- Pediatric Celiac Disease: Follow-Up in the Spotlight.
- Local ocular surface parameters in patients with systemic celiac disease.
Last Updated: Wednesday March 22, 2017 17:48:48
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.