Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
July 2018| May 2018| Nov 2017| Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Gut Microbiota Differs in Composition and Functionality Between Children With Type 1 Diabetes, MODY2, and Healthy Control Subjects: A Case-Control Study.
- Glucose Management Indicator (GMI): A New Term for Estimating A1C From Continuous Glucose Monitoring. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Insulin Combo Reduces After-Meal Sugar Spikes in Type 1 Diabetics.
Daily Care News
- Control of Postprandial Hyperglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes by 24-Hour Fixed-Dose Coadministration of Pramlintide and Regular Human Insulin: A Randomized, Two-Way Crossover Study.
- Improved Postprandial Glucose with Inhaled Technosphere Insulin Compared with Insulin Aspart in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes on Multiple Daily Injections: The STAT Study.
- Skin-Related Complications Among Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes Using Insulin Pump Therapy. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Performance of Medtronic Hybrid Closed-Loop Iterations, Results from a Randomized Trial in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Reduction in insulin degludec dosing for multiple exercise sessions improves time spent in euglycaemia in people with type 1 diabetes: a randomised cross-over trial.
- Feasibility of Including Behavioral Feeding Training Within a Parent Intervention for Young Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Prevalence of disturbed eating behavior and associated symptoms of anxiety and depression among adult males and females with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Substance Use in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes in the T1D Exchange.
- Metabolomic Profile Predicts Development of Microalbuminuria in Individuals with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Management of Cardiovascular Disease Risk in Teens with Type 1 Diabetes: Perspectives of Teens With and Without Dyslipidemia and Parents.
- Determinants of fracture in adults with type 1 diabetes in the USA: Results from the T1D Exchange Clinic Registry.
- Maturity in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Concept Analysis.
Legislative and Legal News
- Beyond the Books: Parents plan to sue district in battle over accommodating diabetic son.
- While not specifically related to diabetes, The Secret Drug Pricing System Middlemen Use to Rake in Millions explores the impact of Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) on drug pricing.
- Why a patient paid a $285 copay for a $40 drug.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- UnitedHealthcare gives 20-year guarantee to boy’s insulin coverage after Inquirer article.
- Diabetes Patients Are Hacking Together the Tech They Need. Doctors Are Just Tuning In.
- Diabetes: Livesaving Insulin Is Cripplingly Expensive—but DIY Drug Makers Could Be About to Change That.
- FMCSA Drops Exemption Process for Insulin-Treated Diabetic Drivers.
- Ravens rookie tight end Mark Andrews inspires fellow Type 1 diabetics to follow their dreams.
- Teddy bear helps families deal with type 1 diabetes.
- Muhammad Ali fights and wins to become first UK boxer with type 1 diabetes. See also Muhammad Ali to become first British diabetic boxer this weekend after battle to obtain licence.
- An Overview of Celiac Disease in Childhood Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Incidence and Risk of Celiac Disease after Type 1 Diabetes: A Population-Based Cohort Study Using The Health Improvement Network Database.
- Systematic Literature Review of the Economic Burden of Celiac Disease.
- Gluten-Free Diet: From Development to Assessment of a Check-List Designed for the Prevention of Gluten Cross-Contamination in Food Services. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- A Mom's Guide to Type 1 Diabetes + Celiac (Toaster In Tow).
- Gluten-Free Food Labels Aren’t As Accurate As You May Think.
- We wheat again: Navigating celiac disease in a world of gluten.
- A disease millions have and even more don't know it.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday September 19, 2018 18:12:03
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.