Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Prediction and prevention of type 1 diabetes: update on success of prediction and struggles at prevention.
- Adjustment of Open-Loop Settings to Improve Closed-Loop Results in Type 1 Diabetes: A Multicenter Randomized Trial.
- Infant Feeding and Timing of Complementary Foods in the Development of Type 1 Diabetes.
Daily Care News
- Testing for Rewards: A Pilot Study to Improve Type 1 Diabetes Management in Adolescents.
- Sustained benefit of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion on glycaemic control and hypoglycaemia in adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- Needle detachment in a slim and physically active child with insulin pump treatment.
- Effect of Playing Interactive Computer Game on Distress of Insulin Injection Among Type 1 Diabetic Children.
- Type 1 Diabetes Is Associated With an Increased Risk of Fracture Across the Life Span: A Population-Based Cohort Study Using The Health Improvement Network (THIN).
- Interventions for Diabetic Retinopathy in Type 1 Diabetes: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Euglycemic Diabetic Ketoacidosis, a Misleading Presentation of Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
- Costs of Development and Maintenance of an Internet Program for Teens with Type 1 Diabetes.
Legislative and Legal News
- Senate Hears Testimony for Medicare CGM Coverage.
- Father of two branded unfit parent and reported to social services after hypo.
- School denies program enrollment to child with diabetes in Albertville, Minn.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- The 2 Most Dreaded Responses to My Son's Type 1 Diabetes.
- Giving hope to patients with diabetes for 90 years.
- IndyCar Q&A: Diabetes not a deterrent for driver Charlie Kimball.
- IndyCar driver not letting diabetes stop him.
- A's OF Sam Fuld still finds new challenges with diabetes.
- 'We can help make a real difference' Dad of tragic Peter Baldwin urges people to raise cash for Diabetes UK by putting on their running shoes.
- The genetics of celiac disease: A comprehensive review of clinical implications.
- A comparison of the nutritional status between adult celiac patients on a long-term, strictly gluten-free diet and healthy subjects.
- Prevalence of celiac disease in patients with severe food allergy.
Last Updated: Wednesday July 29, 2015 17:51:31
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.