Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Nov 2017| Oct 2017| Jul 2017| May 2017| Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Children with type 1 diabetes who experienced a honeymoon phase had significantly lower LDL cholesterol 5 years after diagnosis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Intake of polyunsaturated fatty acids and risk of preclinical and clinical type 1 diabetes in children-a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Islet transplantation versus insulin therapy in patients with type 1 diabetes with severe hypoglycaemia or poorly controlled glycaemia after kidney transplantation (TRIMECO): a multicentre, randomised controlled trial.
- Assessment of porcine endogenous retrovirus transmission across an alginate barrier used for the encapsulation of porcine islets.
Daily Care News
- Need for Regulatory Change to Incorporate Beyond A1C Glycemic Metrics.
- Mini-Dose Glucagon as a Novel Approach to Prevent Exercise-Induced Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Body mass index standard deviation score and obesity in children with type 1 diabetes in the Nordic countries. HbA1c and other predictors of increasing BMISDS.
- Recurrent vertebral fractures in a young adult: a closer look at bone health in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Determinants of a good perinatal outcome in 588 pregnancies in women with type 1 diabetes.
- Prevalence of alcohol, tobacco, cannabis and other illicit substance use in a population of Canadian adolescents with type 1 diabetes compared to a general adolescent population.
- Carbohydrate knowledge, lifestyle and insulin: an observational study of their association with glycaemic control in adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Changes in body image and onset of disordered eating behaviors in youth with type 1 diabetes over a five-year longitudinal follow-up.
- Adherence to special diets and its association with meeting the nutrient recommendations in individuals with type 1 diabetes.
- A retrospective observational study of people with Type 1 diabetes with self-reported severe hypoglycaemia reveals high level of ambulance attendance but low levels of therapy change and specialist intervention.
- Health Care Utilization and Burden of Diabetic Ketoacidosis in the U.S. Over the Past Decade: A Nationwide Analysis.
- First report on the nationwide incidence of type 1 diabetes and ketoacidosis at onset in children in Serbia: a multicenter study.
- The management of diabetic ketoacidosis at a rural regional hospital in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Income Relates to Adherence in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes Through Parenting Constructs.
Legislative and Legal News
- Senate Hearing on Insulin Pricing. See also Congress Investigating Expensive Insulin├▒You Can Help by Signing Petition.
- Cost of Insulin for 13-Year-Old New Gloucester Boy More Than Triples Overnight.
- Va. Company Sold Poorly Trained Diabetic Alert Dogs: Lawsuit.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Paying the price for insulin.
- Ex-UM QB Hewlett's golf event nears $1M for diabetes.
- Evamere Elementary School students stand out for smiles, selflessness.
- Novo Nordisk commits nearly $7 million for Minglin Ma's diabetes research.
- Dietitian visits were a safe and cost-effective form of follow-up care for children with celiac disease.
- Link Between Celiac Disease and Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Beyond Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The Efficacy of the Low Fodmap Diet for Improving Symptoms in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases and Celiac Disease.
- Experimental drug eases effects of gluten for celiac patients on gluten-free diet.
- My Favorite Places to Get Low Carb, Gluten Free Dinner Recipes.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Wednesday May 23, 2018 11:48:39
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.