Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
Reports from CWD Conferences
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Sep 2016| Jul 2016| Mar 2016| Nov 2015| Oct 2015| Sep 2015| Jul 2015 | Oct 2014 | Aug 2014 | Jul 2014 | Dec 2013 | Jul 2013 | Apr 2013 | Mar 2013 | Feb 2013 | Nov 2012 | Oct 2012 | Aug 2012 | Jul 2012 | Feb 2012 | Jan 2012 | Nov 2011 | Oct 2011 | Jul 2011 | Jul 2011 | Mar 2011 | Jan 2011 | Oct 2010 | Sep 2010 | Aug 2010 | Jun 2010 | Feb 2010 | Jan 2010 | Nov 2009 | Oct 2009 | Aug 2009 | Jul 2009 | Apr 2009 | Mar 2009 | Jan 2009 | Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work and DRIF Review of Dr. Faustman's Work
- Intestinal virome changes precede autoimmunity in type I diabetes-susceptible children.
- Assessing the effectiveness of a 3-month day-and-night home closed-loop control combined with pump suspend feature compared with sensor-augmented pump therapy in youths and adults with suboptimally controlled type 1 diabetes: a randomised parallel study protocol. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Anti-IL-21 monoclonal antibody combined with liraglutide effectively reverses established hyperglycemia in mouse models of type 1 diabetes.
- Nasal Glucagon Fixes Severe Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
Daily Care News
- Statin use and cognitive function in middle-aged adults with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Challenges in diagnosis and management of diabetes in the young. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Disparities in Diabetes Deaths Among Children and Adolescents â€” United States, 2000â€“2014.
- The effect of functional insulin therapy on glycaemic parameters in children with diabetes mellitus type 1. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Effect of initiating use of an insulin pump in adults with type 1 diabetes using multiple daily insulin injections and continuous glucose monitoring (DIAMOND): a multicentre, randomised controlled trial.
- Postprandial Dosing of Bolus Insulin In Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: A Cross-Sectional Study Using Data From The T1D Exchange Registry.
- The relationship of blood glucose with cardiovascular disease is mediated over time by traditional risk factors in type 1 diabetes: the DCCT/EDIC study.
- Glycaemic control and excess risk of major coronary events in persons with type 1 diabetes.
- The effectiveness of cognitive-function stress management training in glycemic control in children and in mental health of mother caring for child with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Difficult conversations: adults with diabetes and the discussion of microvascular complications.
- Comorbidities, complications and mortality in people of South Asian ethnicity with type 1 diabetes compared with other ethnic groups: a systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Hand, shoulder and back stiffness in long-term type 1 diabetes; cross-sectional association with skin collagen advanced glycation end-products. The Dialong study.
- Innovative technology shows impact of glycaemic control on peripheral retinal vessels in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Nonnutritive sweeteners and cardiometabolic health: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials and prospective cohort studies. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also
- Artificial Sweeteners Don't Help People Lose Weight, Review Finds.
- Drug Use, Suicide Found in Type 1 Diabetes Organ Donors.
Legislative and Legal News
- Nevada forces drugmakers to reveal insulin pricing, profits.
- Nevada bill would require insulin makers to post profits.
- New law lets schools help diabetic students.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Notes: Kimball's Toronto livery spreads diabetes message .
- 'American Idol' finalist Crystal Bowersox shares positive message, songs at Camp Tanager.
- Melbourne brothers, thought to be Australiaâ€™s longest surviving twins with type 1 diabetes, honoured.
- This 32-year-old Ironman competitor doesnâ€™t let diabetes get in the way of love, fitness or work.
- Wiedmer: Ryan Seaberg an American idol for anyone with type 1 diabetes.
- Fayetteville teen to represent NYS advocating for type 1 diabetes research in D.C.
- Health Insurers Try Paying More Upfront To Pay Less Later.
- Summer camp for Chinese teens suffering from diabetes held in Shanghai.
- Ascensia inks deal with Dexcom to integrate ContourNext One BGMS into G5 Medicare offering.
- Wharton student with celiac disease helps kids with diabetes.
- Omitting duodenal biopsy in children with suspected celiac disease and extra-intestinal symptoms. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Variability of anti-human transglutaminase testing in celiac disease across Mediterranean countries. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Increased risk of herpes zoster in patients with coeliac disease - nationwide cohort study.
- Whatâ€™s a practicing Catholic with celiac disease to do?
Last Updated: Wednesday July 19, 2017 19:57:03
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.