Current Research News
27 May 2015
- Association between hypoglycaemia and impaired hypoglycaemia awareness and mortality in people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Infrared thermographic assessment of changes in skin temperature during hypoglycaemia in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Magnetic resonance imaging reveals altered distribution of hepatic fat in children with type 1 diabetes compared to controls.
- Effect of vitamin E supplementation on HDL function by haptoglobin genotype in type 1 diabetes: results from the HapE randomized crossover pilot trial.
- Treatment of diabetes with encapsulated pig islets: an update on current developments. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Behavioral economics survey of patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
20 May 2015
- Stem cells for the cell and molecular therapy of type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1D): the gap between dream and reality. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Efficacy and Safety of LY2963016 Insulin Glargine Compared with Insulin Glargine (LantusŪ) in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes in a Randomised Controlled Trial (The ELEMENT 1 Study).
- Glycated albumin and the risk of micro- and macrovascular complications in subjects with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Lipid peroxidation and antioxidant protection in girls with type 1 diabetes mellitus during reproductive system development. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Antibiotics in early life alter the gut microbiome and increase disease incidence in a spontaneous mouse model of autoimmune insulin-dependent diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
13 May 2015
- Effects of high-dose oral insulin on immune responses in children at high risk for type 1 diabetes: the Pre-POINT randomized clinical trial.
- A model for the role of gut bacteria in the development of autoimmunity for type 1 diabetes.
6 May 2015
- Glucose-responsive insulin activity by covalent modification with aliphatic phenylboronic acid conjugates. See also Experimental 'Smart' Insulin Shows Promise in Mice: Study.
- In-silico Closed Loop Control Validation Studies for Optimal Insulin Delivery in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Clinical results of islet transplantation.
29 April 2015
- Clinical Results of an Automated Artificial Pancreas Using Technosphere Inhaled Insulin to Mimic First-Phase Insulin Secretion.
- Type 1 diabetes: A predictable disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Efficacy of a long-acting c-peptide analogue against peripheral neuropathy in streptozotocin-diabetic mice.
- Glycemia, Hypoglycemia, and Costs of Simultaneous Islet-Kidney or Islet After Kidney Transplantation Versus Intensive Insulin Therapy and Waiting List for Islet Transplantation.
- White matter hyperintensities in middle-aged adults with childhood-onset type 1 diabetes.
- Living Donor Kidney Transplantation Preceding Pancreas Transplantation Reduces Mortality in Type 1 Diabetics With End-stage Renal Disease.
- Straylight, lens yellowing and aberrations of eyes in Type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
22 April 2015
- A prevascularized subcutaneous device-less site for islet and cellular transplantation.
- Effects of High-Dose Oral Insulin on Immune Responses in Children at High Risk for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Daycare attendance, breastfeeding, and the development of type 1 diabetes: the diabetes autoimmunity study in the young. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Environmental Trigger(s) of Type 1 Diabetes: Why So Difficult to Identify? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Can Exposure to Environmental Chemicals Increase the Risk of Diabetes Type 1 Development? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Unraveling the Hygiene Hypothesis of helminthes and autoimmunity: origins, pathophysiology, and clinical applications. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Computer Vision-Based Carbohydrate Estimation for Type 1 Diabetic Patients Using Smartphones.
- New technologies in diabetology : How far are we from a closed loop?
- A method for reporting and classifying acute infectious diseases in a prospective study of young children: TEDDY. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Modelling endogenous insulin concentration in type 2 diabetes during closed-loop insulin delivery. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effective recruitment of participants to a phase I study using the internet and publicity releases through charities and patient organisations: analysis of the adaptive study of IL-2 dose on regulatory T cells in type 1 diabetes (DILT1D). Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
15 April 2015
- Experience of a serious life event increases the risk for childhood type 1 diabetes: the ABIS population-based prospective cohort study. See also Serious life events in childhood can triple risk of developing type 1 diabetes.
- Global epidemiology of type 1 diabetes in young adults and adults: a systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Continuous Intraperitoneal Insulin Infusion Versus Subcutaneous Insulin Therapy in the Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes: Effects on Glycemic Variability.
- Assessment of the relationship between hypoglycaemia awareness and autonomic function following islet cell/pancreas transplantation.
- Corneal Confocal Microscopy Detects Neuropathy in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes without Retinopathy or Microalbuminuria. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Quantification of Diabetes Comorbidity Risks across Life Using Nation-Wide Big Claims Data. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Distinct methylation patterns in genes that affect mitochondrial function are associated with kidney disease in blood-derived DNA from individuals with Type 1 diabetes.
8 April 2015
- Efficacy and safety of the glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist liraglutide added to insulin therapy in poorly regulated patients with type 1 diabetes-a protocol for a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study: The Lira-1 study will add to the knowledge of the use of GLP-1 receptor agonists in people with type 1 diabetes.
- Sodium glucose transporter 2 (sglt2) inhibitors: Current status in clinical practice.
- Perinatal and childhood risk factors for early-onset type 1 diabetes: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan.
- Lower serum 25 (OH) D concentrations in type 1 diabetes: A meta-analysis.
2 April 2015
- Validity of animal models of type 1 diabetes, and strategies to enhance their utility in translational research.
- Bioengineered stem cells as an alternative for islet cell transplantation. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Epidemiologic Features of Type 1 Diabetic Patients between 0 and 18 Years of Age in İstanbul City.
- Low mean temperature rather than few sunshine hours are associated with an increased incidence of type 1 diabetes in children.
25 March 2015
- Less Is More: The Detrimental Consequences of Immunosuppressive Therapy in the Treatment of Type-1 Diabetes.
18 March 2015
- CGM-measured glucose values have a strong correlation with C-peptide, HbA1c and IDAAC, but do poorly in predicting C-peptide levels in the two years following onset of diabetes.
- A Reassessment of the Survival Advantage of Simultaneous Kidney-Pancreas Versus Kidney-Alone Transplantation.
11 March 2015
- An economic analysis of autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (AHSCT) in the treatment of new onset type 1 diabetes.
4 March 2015
- Changes in beta cell function during the proximate post-diagnosis period in persons with type 1 diabetes.
- Complication characteristics between young-onset type 2 versus type 1 diabetes in a UK population. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
25 February 2015
- T1D Exchange Presents Data on New Form of Glucagon "Rescue" Treatment for Severe Hypoglycemia.
- Glucagon receptor antibody completely suppresses type 1 diabetes phenotype without insulin by disrupting a novel diabetogenic pathway.
- Effects of sitagliptin on counterregulatory and incretin hormones during acute hypoglycaemia in patients with type 1 diabetes: a randomized double blind placebo-controlled cross-over study.
- The Dynamics of the Human Infant Gut Microbiome in Development and in Progression toward Type 1 Diabetes.
- Microfabricated microporous membranes reduce the host immune response and prolong the functional lifetime of a closed-loop insulin delivery implant in a type 1 diabetic rat model.
- In Vivo Performance and Biocompatibility of a Subcutaneous Implant for Real-Time Glucose-Responsive Insulin Delivery.
- Long-term cultured neonatal islet cell clusters demonstrate better outcomes for reversal of diabetes: in vivo and molecular profiles.
11 February 2015
- Glucose-responsive insulin activity by covalent modification with aliphatic phenylboronic acid conjugates. See also Engineered insulin could offer better diabetes control, 'Smart' insulin hope for diabetes, and 'Smart' insulin may ease burden of type 1 diabetes patients, research suggests.
- Predictors of Progression From the Appearance of Islet Autoantibodies to Early Childhood Diabetes: The Environmental Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (TEDDY).
- Insulin detemir is transported from blood to cerebrospinal fluid and has prolonged central anorectic action relative to NPH insulin.
- Glycemic Control in Simultaneous Islet-Kidney Versus Pancreas-Kidney Transplantation in Type 1 Diabetes: A Prospective 13-Year Follow-up.
- Noninvasive mapping of pancreatic inflammation in recent-onset type-1 diabetes patients.
- C-peptide: New findings and therapeutic possibilities.
- CD4+ T-cell proliferation responses to wheat polypeptide stimulation in children at different stages of type 1 diabetes autoimmunity.
- Gut microbial markers are associated with diabetes onset, regulatory imbalance, and IFN-γ level in NOD Mice.
6 February 2015
- Beta Cell death and dysfunction during type 1 diabetes development in at-risk individuals.
- Future Artificial Pancreas Technology for Type 1 Diabetes: What Do Users Want?
- Mesenchymal stem cells derived in vitro transdifferentiated insulin-producing cells: A new approach to treat type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML format.
- The incidence of type 1 diabetes is still increasing in The Netherlands, but has stabilised in children under five (Young DUDEs-1).
- Diabetes in rats treated with engineered probiotic and Behind the headlines: a probiotic cure for diabetes? report on Engineered Commensal Bacteria Reprogram Intestinal Cells Into Glucose-Responsive Insulin-Secreting Cells for the Treatment of Diabetes, previously reported.
28 January 2015
- Multicenter outpatient dinner/overnight reduction of hypoglycemia and increased time of glucose in target with a wearable artificial pancreas using modular model predictive control in adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Psychosocial aspects of closed- and open-loop insulin delivery: closing the loop in adults with Type 1 diabetes in the home setting.
- Engineered Commensal Bacteria Reprogram Intestinal Cells Into Glucose-Responsive Insulin-Secreting Cells for the Treatment of Diabetes.
- Beta-cell destruction and preservation in childhood and adult onset type 1 diabetes.
- Bariatric surgery and diabetes: Implications of type 1 versus insulin-requiring type 2.
- The advanced glycation end product methylglyoxal-derived hydroimidazolone-1 and early signs of atherosclerosis in childhood diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Prevalence and incidence of clinically recognized cases of Type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents in Rwanda, Africa.
21 January 2015
- Multinight "Bedside" Closed-Loop Control for Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Performance and Acceptability of a Combined Device for Insulin Infusion and Glucose Sensing in the Home Setting.
- Diazoxide improves hormonal counterregulatory responses to acute hypoglycemia in long-standing Type 1 Diabetes.
- Preexisting Insulin Autoantibodies Predict Efficacy of Otelixizumab in Preserving Residual beta-Cell Function in Recent-Onset Type 1 Diabetes.
13 January 2015
- Maternal intake of fatty acids and their food sources during lactation and the risk of preclinical and clinical type 1 diabetes in the offspring.
- Maternal smoking during pregnancy and offspring type 1 diabetes mellitus risk: accounting for HLA haplotype.
- An increasing incidence of type 1 diabetes mellitus in Romanian children aged 0 to 17 years.
- Maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY): an update.
- Uncovering the emotional aspects of working on a clinical trial: a qualitative study of the experiences and views of staff involved in a type 1 diabetes trial. Free full text available in PDF format.
7 January 2015
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin and Cathepsin L as early predictors of kidney dysfunction in children with type 1 diabetes.
31 December 2014
- Bacteroides dorei dominates gut microbiome prior to autoimmunity in Finnish children at high risk for type 1 diabetes.
- The influence of glucagon on postprandial hyperglycaemia in children 5 years after onset of type 1 diabetes.
- Trends in Childhood Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Incidence in Beijing from 1995 to 2010: A Retrospective Multicenter Study Based on Hospitalization Data.
- Tolerance Induction and Reversal of Diabetes in Mice Transplanted with Human Embryonic-Stem-Cell-Derived Pancreatic Endoderm.
24 December 2014
- Most People With Long-Duration Type 1 Diabetes in a Large Population-Based Study Are Insulin Microsecretors. See also One in Every Three People with Type 1 Diabetes Produces Insulin Years Post-Diagnosis Largest Study to Date of Residual Insulin Production Proves Such Patients Are Not 'Exceptional'; Major Clinical and Health Policy Implications.
- Prevalence of Detectable C-peptide According to Age at Diagnosis and Duration of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Anti-thymocyte globulin/G-CSF treatment preserves beta cell function in patients with established type 1 diabetes.
- Early Childhood Gut Microbiomes Show Strong Geographic Differences Among Subjects at High Risk for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Autoantibody-defined risk for Type 1 diabetes mellitus in a general population of schoolchildren: results of the Karlsburg Type 1 Diabetes Risk Study after 18 years.
- A New Approach for Diagnosing Type 1 Diabetes in Autoantibody-Positive Individuals Based on Prediction and Natural History.
- HbA1c Predicts Time to Diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes in Children at Risk.
- Feasibility of overnight closed-loop therapy in young children with type 1 diabetes aged 3-6 years: comparison between diluted and standard insulin strength. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effects of vitamin D repletion on glycemic control and inflammatory cytokines in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Circadian Variability of Insulin Sensitivity: Physiological Input for In Silico Artificial Pancreas.
- Residual beta-cell function and the insulin-like growth factor system in Danish children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Restoration of Glucose Counterregulation by Islet Transplantation in Long-Standing Type 1 Diabetes.
- Incidence of End Stage Renal Disease among Type 1 Diabetes: A Nationwide Cohort Study in Taiwan.
- Artificial sweeteners induce glucose intolerance by altering the gut microbiota.
17 December 2014
- Unsupervised home use of overnight closed-loop system over 3 to 4 weeks - Pooled analysis of randomized controlled studies in adults and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Longitudinal Assessment of Neuroanatomical and Cognitive Differences in Young Children with Type 1 Diabetes: Association with Hyperglycemia.
- Is There a Link Between Liraglutide and Pancreatitis? A Post Hoc Review of Pooled and Patient-Level Data From Completed Liraglutide Type 2 Diabetes Clinical Trial.
- Reduced Ki67 staining in the postmortem state calls into question past conclusions about the lack of turnover of adult human beta cells.
10 December 2014
- 'Diabetes: a cure at last' or just hype?
- Closing the loop overnight at home setting: psychosocial impact for adolescents with type 1 diabetes and their parents. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibition and the potential for renal protection in diabetic nephropathy.
3 December 2014
- Comparison of dual-hormone artificial pancreas, single-hormone artificial pancreas, and conventional insulin pump therapy for glycaemic control in patients with type 1 diabetes: an open-label randomised controlled crossover trial.
- Assessing Sensor Accuracy for Non-Adjunct Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
- Cesarean Section and Chronic Immune Disorders.
- Enterovirus persistence as a mechanism in the pathogenesis of type 1 diabetes.
- Enteroviruses, hygiene and type 1 diabetes: toward a preventive vaccine.
- Comparison of breath gases, including acetone, with blood glucose and blood ketones in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
26 November 2014
- Infant Feeding in Relation to Islet Autoimmunity and Type 1 Diabetes in Genetically Susceptible Children: The MIDIA Study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Demonstration of an Intrinsic Relationship Between Endogenous C-peptide Concentration and Determinants of Glycemic Control in Type 1 Diabetes Following Islet Transplantation. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Detection of a low-grade enteroviral infection in the islets of Langerhans of living patients newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
- Islet autoantibody status in a multi-ethnic UK clinic cohort of children presenting with diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- A Modified Method of Insulin Producing Cells' Generation from Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Economic Burden of Elevated Blood Glucose Levels in 2012: Diagnosed and Undiagnosed Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes Mellitus, and Prediabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also What Diabetes Costs You, Even If You Don't Have The Disease.
19 November 2014
- Nonhuman Primate Models of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus for Islet Transplantation. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- NGAL and cystatin C: two possible early markers of diabetic nephropathy in young patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus: one year follow up.
- The gut microbiota modulates glycaemic control and serum metabolite profiles in non-obese diabetic mice. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
12 November 2014
- Increasing trends in the incidence and prevalence rates of type 1 diabetes among children and adolescents in the Netherlands.
- Incidence of type 1 diabetes among Polish children ages 0-14 years from 1989-2012.
- A preclinical study on the efficacy and safety of a new vaccine against Coxsackievirus B1 reveals no risk for accelerated diabetes development in mouse models.
- A Method for Gene-Based Pathway Analysis Using Genomewide Association Study Summary Statistics Reveals Nine New Type 1 Diabetes Associations.
5 November 2014
- Major Advance for Diabetes Stem Cell Therapy?
- Use of an artificial pancreas among adolescents for a missed snack bolus and an underestimated meal bolus.
- cprThe FGF21 analogue, LY2405319, lowers blood glucose in streptozotocin-induced insulin-deficient diabetic mice by restoring brown adipose tissue function.
- Docosahexaenoic acid has an anti-diabetic effect in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
29 October 2014
- The Betatrophin Blues.
- One year remission of type 1 diabetes mellitus in a patient treated with sitagliptin. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Increased Immune Cell Infiltration of the Exocrine Pancreas: A Possible Contribution to the Pathogenesis of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Losing a Grip on the Notion of β-Cell Specificity for Immune Responses in Type 1 Diabetes: Can We Handle the Truth? Free full text available in PDF format.
- Enterovirus infection is associated with an increased risk of childhood type 1 diabetes in Taiwan: a nationwide population-based cohort study.
- Type 1 Diabetes Surges In White Kids.
22 October 2014
- A Novel Method to Detect Pressure-Induced Sensor Attenuations (PISA) in an Artificial Pancreas.
- Seasonal variation in month of diagnosis in children with type 1 diabetes registered in 23 European centers during 1989-2008: little short-term influence of sunshine hours or average temperature.
- The Raikas - a unique combination of high prevalence of type 1 diabetes susceptibility genes and near zero incidence of the disease.
- Prognostic value of endothelial dysfunction in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Do We Need Worms to Promote Immune Health?
15 October 2014
- Generation of Functional Human Pancreatic β Cells In Vitro. See also From stem cells to billions of human insulin-producing cells and Scientist hopes stem cells will lead to diabetes cure.
- FOXO1 inhibition yields functional insulin-producing cells in human gut organoid cultures. See also It May Take Guts to Cure Diabetes.
- Time Lag of Glucose From Intravascular to Interstitial Compartment in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Absence of Glucagon and Insulin Action Reveals a Role for the Glucagon-like Peptide-1 Receptor in Endogenous Glucose Production.
- Estimated insulin sensitivity predicts regression of albuminuria in Type 1 diabetes.
- Life expectancy of people with type 1 diabetes in the past and today.
8 October 2014
- Antibodies to islet cell autoantigens, rotaviruses and/or enteroviruses in cord blood and healthy mothers in relation to the 2010-2011 winter viral seasons in Israel: a pilot study. See also Viral Infection May Trigger Childhood Diabetes in Utero.
- Design and in silico evaluation of an intraperitoneal-subcutaneous (IP-SC) artificial pancreas.
- Does Insulin Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Protect Against Alzheimer's Disease?
- Microneedles for Drug Delivery via the Gastrointestinal Tract. Full text PDF available via link. See also New drug-delivery capsule may replace injections.
- Clinical and molecular characterization of maturity onset-diabetes of the young caused by hepatocyte nuclear factor-4 alpha mutation: red flags for prediction of the diagnosis.
1 October 2014
- Exploring the Potential of the SGLT2 Inhibitor Dapagliflozin in Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study.
- Inpatient Trial of an Artificial Pancreas Based on Multiple Model Probabilistic Predictive Control with Repeated Large Unannounced Meals.
- Factors affecting the success of glucagon delivered during an automated closed-loop system in type 1 diabetes.
- A Novel, Stable, Aqueous Glucagon Formulation Using Ferulic Acid as an Excipient.
- Obesity, islet cell autoimmunity and cardiovascular risk factors in youth at onset of type 1 autoimmune diabetes.
24 September 2014
- The Impact of Accelerometer Use in Exercise-Associated Hypoglycemia Prevention in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Occurrence of Increased Arterial Stiffness in a Cohort of Adult Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus When Compared to Normoglycemic Controls.
- Helminth Infections Decrease Host Susceptibility to Immune-Mediated Diseases. (See also Helminths in Wikipedia.)
- C-peptide replacement therapy as an emerging strategy for preventing diabetic vasculopathy.
- Probiotics Cut Autoimmunity 33% in Infants at Risk for Diabetes.
- Did you get the full story about artificial sweeteners and diabetes?
17 September 2014
- Reversal of diabetes with insulin-producing cells derived in vitro from human pluripotent stem cells.
- A Remote Monitoring System for Artificial Pancreas Support Is Safe, Reliable, and User Friendly.
- Poor Glycemic Control is Associated with Reduced Prostate-Specific Antigen Concentrations in Men with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Nine-year longitudinal study of cardiovascular risk factors in Spanish children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Polymorphism of the FTO Gene Influences Body Weight in Children with Type 1 Diabetes without Severe Obesity. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- New Insulin Glargine 300 units·mL−1 Provides a More Even Activity Profile and Prolonged Glycemic Control at Steady State Compared With Insulin Glargine 100 units·mL−1.
10 September 2014
- Assessing the effectiveness of 3 months day and night home closed-loop insulin delivery in adults with suboptimally controlled type 1 diabetes: a randomised crossover study protocol. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Multicenter Closed-Loop/Hybrid Meal Bolus Insulin Delivery with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Effect of Intensive Diabetes Therapy on the Progression of Diabetic Retinopathy in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: 18 Years of Follow-up in the DCCT/EDIC.
- Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter 2 Inhibition in Type 1 Diabetes: Simultaneous Glucose Lowering and Renal Protection?
- The Relative Effectiveness of Pumps Over MDI and Structured Education (REPOSE): study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trial. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Preserved Beta-Cell Function in Type 1 Diabetes by Mesenchymal Stromal Cells.
- Hypoglycemic seizures and epilepsy in type I diabetes mellitus.
3 September 2014
- Can Executive Impairments be Precipitated by Excessive Glycemic Fluctuations in Early Onset Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus? A Case Study.
- Higher dietary salt intake is associated with microalbuminuria, but not with retinopathy in individuals with type 1 diabetes: the EURODIAB Prospective Complications Study.
27 August 2014
- Quantification of the Glycemic Response to Microdoses of Subcutaneous Glucagon at Varying Insulin Levels.
- Glucagon in the Artificial Pancreas: Supply and Marketing Challenges.
- New insulin glargine 300 U/mL provides a more even activity profile and prolonged glycemic control at steady state compared with insulin glargine 100 U/mL.
- End stage renal disease and survival in people with diabetes: a national database linkage study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Islet and Stem Cell Encapsulation for Clinical Transplantation.
- Lack of Evidence for a Role of Islet Autoimmunity in the Aetiology of Canine Diabetes Mellitus.
- In patients with type 1 diabetes simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantation preserves long-term kidney graft ultrastructure and function better than transplantation of kidney alone.
[ Current Research News | News from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday May 27, 2015 20:22:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.