Current Daily Care News
11 December 2013
- Experiences of hypoglycaemia unawareness amongst people with Type 1 diabetes: A qualitative investigation.
- Glycated haemoglobin variations in paediatric type 1 diabetes: the impact of season, gender and age.
- 'Looking for the needle in the haystack': a qualitative study of the pathway to diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in children. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Family Perceptions of Insulin Pump Adverse Events in Children and Adolescents.
- Daily insulin doses and injection frequencies of Neutral Protamine Hagedorn (NPH) insulin, insulin detemir and glargine in type 1 and type 2 diabetes: a multicenter analysis of 51 964 patients from the German/Austrian DPV-Wiss database.
- Quantitative Estimation of Insulin Sensitivity in Type 1 Diabetic Subjects Wearing a Sensor Augmented Insulin Pump.
- Maternal BMI and HDL as predictors of pregnancy outcome in women with type 1 diabetes.
- Glucose Fluctuations during Gestation: An Additional Tool for Monitoring Pregnancy Complicated by Diabetes.
- An Update on Diabetic Women Obstetrical Outcomes Linked to Preconception and Pregnancy Glycemic Profile: A Systematic Literature Review.
- Hypoglycemia associated with fluoxetine treatment in a patient with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
4 December 2013
- The impact of knowledge about diabetes, resilience and depression on glycemic control: a cross-sectional study among adolescents and young adults with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Routine behavioral and mental health screening in young children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Patient-centered Diabetes Care in Children: An Integrated, Individualized, Systems-oriented, and Multidisciplinary Approach. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Identification and Prediction of Group-Based Glycemic Control Trajectories During the Transition to Adolescence.
- The latest pharmacotherapy options for type 1 diabetes.
- Effects of Switching from Insulin Glargine or Detemir to Insulin Degludec in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- A Pilot Study to Examine the Tolerability and Device Preference in Type 1 Diabetes of Insulin Aspart Administered by InsuJet Compared with Subcutaneous Injection.
- Glycemic variability and oxidative stress in children, with type 1 diabetes attending a summer camp. Free Spanish-language full text available in PDF format.
- Pre-existing diabetes, maternal glycated haemoglobin, and the risks of fetal and infant death: a population-based study.
- Slowly progressive type 1 diabetes treated with metformin for five years after onset. Free full text available in PDF format.
27 November 2013
- Ultra-Long Pharmacokinetic Properties of Insulin Degludec are Comparable in Elderly Subjects and Younger Adults with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Patient-Provider Relationships Across the Transition From Pediatric to Adult Diabetes Care: A Qualitative Study.
- Psychosocial issues of women with type 1 diabetes transitioning to motherhood: a structured literature review. Free full text available in PDF format.
- The association of personal resilience with stress, coping, and diabetes outcomes in adolescents with type 1 diabetes: Variable- and person-focused approaches.
- Impact of Telemedicine in Managing Type 1 Diabetes Among School-age Children and Adolescents: An Integrative Review.
- Relationships of neophobia and pickiness with dietary variety, dietary quality and diabetes management adherence in youth with type 1 diabetes.
20 November 2013
- What happens when patients know more than their doctors? Experiences of health interactions after diabetes patient education: a qualitative patient-led study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The glucagon response to oral glucose challenge in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Lack of Impact of euglycemia.
- Diabetes self-management smartphone application for adults with type 1 diabetes: randomized controlled trial. Free full text available in HTML format.
- Patients with type 1 diabetes oxidize fat at a greater rate than age- and sex-matched controls.
- Association of diabetes in pregnancy with child weight at birth, age 12 months and 5 years - a population-based electronic cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Progressive renal decline as the major feature of diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetes.
13 November 2013
- The Relationship Between Maternal Fear of Hypoglycaemia and Adherence in Children with Type-1 Diabetes.
- Relationships among parent and youth healthful eating attitudes and youth dietary intake in a cross-sectional study of youth with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Impact of Partial Pressure of Oxygen in Blood Samples on the Performance of Systems for Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose.
- Socioeconomic deprivation independently predicts symptomatic painful diabetic neuropathy in type 1 diabetes.
- Prevalence, predictors and evolution of echocardiographically defined cardiac abnormalities in adults with type 1 diabetes: an observational cohort study.
- Pilot study of a web-based intervention for adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Glucose Changes and Working Memory in Individuals with Type 1 Diabetes During Air Pressure Changes Simulating Skydiving.
- Children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes in Germany are more overweight than healthy controls: results comparing DPV database and CrescNet database.
- The 16-year incidence, progression and regression of diabetic retinopathy in a young population-based Danish cohort with type 1 diabetes mellitus: The Danish cohort of pediatric diabetes 1987 (DCPD1987).
6 November 2013
- Exenatide Treatment for 6 Months Improves Insulin Sensitivity in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Early Adolescent Relationship Predictors of Emerging Adult Outcomes: Youth With and Without Type 1 Diabetes.
- Examining mealtime behaviors in families of young children with type 1 diabetes on intensive insulin therapy.
- Remote Glucose Monitoring in Camp Setting Reduces the Risk of Prolonged Nocturnal Hypoglycemia.
- Psychopathology and continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion in type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Severe diabetic nephropathy in type 1 diabetes and pregnancy - a case series.
- Type 1 diabetes, diabetic nephropathy, and pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-study.
30 October 2013
- Lower A1c among adolescents with lower perceived A1c goal: a cross-sectional survey. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Reductions In Regimen Distress Are Associated With Improved Management And Glycemic Control Over Time.
- Both Dietary Protein and Fat Increase Postprandial Glucose Excursions in Children With Type 1 Diabetes, and the Effect Is Additive.
- Glycemic control and insulin requirements in type 1 diabetic patients depending on the clinical characteristics at diabetes onset.
- Changes in weight and BMI following the diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents.
- Belgian siblings of children with a chronic illness: Is their quality of life different from their peers?
- Insulin Administration and the Impacts of Forgetting a Dose.
- Evaluation of the cost-utility of insulin degludec vs insulin glargine in Sweden.
- Cohort Study of Insulin Glargine and Risk of Breast, Prostate, and Colorectal Cancer Among Patients With Diabetes.
23 October 2013
- Improved Metabolic Control in Pediatric Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: A Nationwide Prospective 12-Year Time Trends Analysis.
- Nocturnal continuous glucose and sleep stage data in adults with type 1 diabetes in real-world conditions.
- Ideal cardiovascular health and the prevalence and progression of coronary artery calcification in adults with and without type 1 diabetes.
- Cerebral Blood Flow and Glucose Metabolism in Appetite-Related Brain Regions in Type 1 Diabetic Patients After Treatment With Insulin Detemir and NPH Insulin.
- Restoration of Self-awareness of Hypoglycemia in Adults With Long-standing Type 1 Diabetes.
- A 10-s Sprint Performed After Moderate-Intensity Exercise Neither Increases nor Decreases the Glucose Requirement to Prevent Late-Onset Hypoglycemia in Individuals With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus have a sixfold greater risk for prolonged QTc interval.
- The peripartum management of glycaemia in women with Type 1 diabetes.
- Peripheral Neuropathy in Adolescents and Young Adults With Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes From the SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Follow-Up Cohort.
15 October 2013
- Bolus calculator and wirelessly communicated blood glucose meter effectively reduce hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetic children - randomized controlled trial.
- Prevalence of impaired awareness of hypoglycemia and identification of predictive symptoms in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- A high mean-HbA1c value 3-15 months after diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in childhood is related to metabolic control, macroalbuminuria, and retinopathy in early adulthood-a pilot study using two nation-wide population based quality registries.
- Socioeconomic Factors Associated With Pediatric Diabetic Ketoacidosis Admissions in Southern West Virginia.
- Improving Depression Screening for Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- General practice-recorded depression and antidepressant use in young people with newly diagnosed Type 1 diabetes: a cohort study using the Clinical Practice Research Datalink.
- A psychosocial risk index for poor glycemic control in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
9 October 2013
- Randomized Trial of Infusion Set Function: Steel Versus Teflon.
- Economic evaluation of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion for children with diabetes - a pilot study: CSII application for children -- economic evaluation. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring Significantly Reduces Severe Hypoglycemia in Hypoglycemia-Unaware Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Effects of physical activity on the development and progression of microvascular complications in type 1 diabetes: retrospective analysis of the DCCT study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Needle-Free Jet Injection of Rapid-Acting Insulin Improves Early Postprandial Glucose Control in Patients With Diabetes.
- Glycemic control in young children with diabetes: The role of parental health literacy.
- Perspectives from Before and After the Pediatric to Adult Care Transition: A Mixed-Methods Study in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Problem Based Review: The patient who has taken an overdose of long-acting insulin analogue.
2 October 2013
- Pharmacokinetics of Insulin Aspart in Pump-Treated Subjects With Type 1 Diabetes: Reproducibility and Effect of Age, Weight, and Duration of Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Social Deprivation a Key Factor in Mortality in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Does physical activity produce clinically significant changes during discontinuation of insulin pump in type 1 diabetic patients?
- The impact of anxiety and depression on patients within a large type 1 diabetes insulin pump population. An observational study.
- Treatment satisfaction and glycemic control in young Type 1 diabetic patients in transition from pediatric health care: CSII versus MDI.
- Goal Disturbance and Coping in Children with Type I Diabetes Mellitus: Relationships with Health-Related Quality of Life and A1C.
- Adolescents, parents and physicians: a comparison of perspectives on type 1 diabetes self-care.
- The lived experience of Canadian university students with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Microvascular complications in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
[ Current Daily Care News | News from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday December 11, 2013 16:33:57
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.