Current Daily Care News
25 November 2015
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Insulin Detemir Compared to Neutral Protamine Hagedorn (NPH) in Patients with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Spain.
- Intraperitoneal versus subcutaneous insulin therapy in the treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Streptococcus pneumoniae oropharyngeal colonization in school-age children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: Impact of the heptavalent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine.
- Empagliflozin in the treatment of type 2 diabetes: evidence to date. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
17 November 2015
- Predictors of Glycemic Control in Adolescents of Various Age Groups With Type 1 Diabetes.
- The factors affecting on estimation of carbohydrate content of meals in carbohydrate counting.
- A Type 1 Diabetes Genetic Risk Score Can Aid Discrimination Between Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in Young Adults.
- Valuing technology: A qualitative interview study with physicians about insulin pump therapy for children with type 1 diabetes.
- Reduced frequency and severity of ketoacidosis at diagnosis of childhood type 1 diabetes in Northwest Saudi Arabia.
- Missed Medical Appointments and Disease Control in Children With Type 1 Diabetes.
11 November 2015
- Use of insulin pump therapy in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes and its impact on metabolic control: comparison of results from three large, transatlantic paediatric registries. See also Insulin pumps give kids better control of type 1 diabetes.
- Prospective Assessment of Hypoglycemia Symptoms in Children and Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Numerical and clinical precision of continuous glucose monitoring in Colombian patients treated with insulin infusion pump with automated suspension in hypoglycemia.
- Opinions and Satisfaction Regarding Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Therapy in Adult Patients with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Type 1 Diabetes Patients Using Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion Therapy: Feeling Burdened Correlated with Factors. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Carbohydrate intake is associated with time spent in the euglycemic range in patients with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The relationship between the frequency of self-monitoring of blood glucose and glycemic control in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus on continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion or on multiple daily injections. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Diurnal Glycemic Patterns during an 8-Week Open-Label Proof-of-Concept Trial of Empagliflozin in Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Suicidal ideation reported by adults with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes: results from Diabetes MILES-Australia.
4 November 2015
- Long-term health economic benefits of sensor-augmented pump therapy versus continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion alone in type 1 diabetes: a UK perspective.
- Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Neonates and Infants Below 1 Year: Analysis of Initial Bolus and Basal Rate Based on the Experiences from the German Working Group for Pediatric Pump Treatment.
- Glycemic effects of SGLT-2 inhibitor canagliflozin in type 1 diabetes using Dexcom G4 Platinum CGM.
- Dietary intake of non-nutritive sweeteners in Type 1 diabetes mellitus children.
- Comparison of the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of dapagliflozin in patients with type 1 versus type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Degludec is superior to glargine in terms of daily glycemic variability in people with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
27 October 2015
- Fear of driving license withdrawal in patients with insulin-treated diabetes mellitus negatively influences their decision to report severe hypoglycemic events to physicians. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Unique Challenges of Type 1 Diabetes in the Preschool Population.
- Diabetes distress in adult type 1 diabetes mellitus men and women with disease onset in childhood and in adulthood.
- Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion During Pregnancy in Women with Complicated Type 1 Diabetes Is Associated with Better Glycemic Control but Not with Improvement in Pregnancy Outcomes.
- The emerging role of adjunctive noninsulin antihyperglycemic therapy in the management of type 1 diabetes.
- A meta-analysis of rate ratios for nocturnal confirmed hypoglycaemia with insulin degludec vs. insulin glargine using different definitions for hypoglycaemia.
- Influence of dietary protein on postprandial blood glucose levels in individuals with Type 1 diabetes mellitus using intensive insulin therapy.
- Study of ambulatory blood pressure in diabetic children: prediction of early renal insult. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Glycemic Control in Kenyan Children and Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Financial costs for families of children with Type 1 diabetes in lower-income countries.
- A multivariate model exploring the predictive value of demographic, adolescent, and family factors on glycemic control in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Risk factors for recurrent admissions with diabetic ketoacidosis: a case-control observational study.
21 October 2015
- Fluctuations of Hyperglycemia and Insulin Sensitivity Are Linked to Menstrual Cycle Phases in Women With T1D.
- Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion versus Multiple Daily Injections of Insulin for the Management of Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus in Pregnancy: Association with Neonatal Chemical Hypoglycemia.
- Attitudes to Exercise and Diabetes in Young People with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Qualitative Analysis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Whose quality of life is it anyway? Discrepancies between youth and parent health-related quality of life ratings in type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Twelve-Week Treatment With Liraglutide As Add-On to Insulin in Normal-Weight Patients With Poorly Controlled Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blinded Parallel Study.
- Efficacy and Safety of Canagliflozin, a Sodium Glucose Cotransporter 2 Inhibitor, as Add-On to Insulin in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Efficacy and safety of dapagliflozin, a sodium glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor, in diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Losing Weight with Diabetes: What Prevents It and Causes Weight Gain.
14 October 2015
- Depressive Symptoms in Youth With Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes: Results of the Pediatric Diabetes Consortium Screening Assessment of Depression in Diabetes Study.
- he relationship between parenting stress and parent-child interaction with health outcomes in the youngest patients with type 1 diabetes (0-7 years).
- Fear of hypoglycemia in adults with type 1 diabetes: impact of therapeutic advances and strategies for prevention - a review.
- Insulin Pumps in Type 1 Diabetes with Mental Disorders: Real-Life Clinical Data Indicate Discrepancies to Recommendations.
- Similar risk of exercise-related hypoglycaemia for insulin degludec compared with insulin glargine in patients with type 1 diabetes: a randomised cross-over trial.
- Impact of a Serious Videogame Designed for Flexible Insulin Therapy on the Knowledge and Behaviors of Children with Type 1 Diabetes: The LUDIDIAB Pilot Study.
- GLP-1 Receptor Agonists and Type 1 Diabetes - Where Do We Stand?
- Dapagliflozin as an adjunct therapy to insulin in the treatment of patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Bariatric Surgery in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review.
- Reproductive function in male patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Effects of Initiating Moderate Alcohol Intake on Cardiometabolic Risk in Adults With Type 2 Diabetes: A 2-Year Randomized, Controlled Trial.
- Dogs Can Be Successfully Trained to Alert to Hypoglycemia Samples from Patients with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
7 October 2015
- Recent advances in type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Prevalence of depression in Type 1 diabetes and the problem of over-diagnosis.
- Comparison of insulin degludec with insulin detemir in type 1 diabetes: a 1-year treat-to-target trial.
- Use of communication technologies by people with type 1 diabetes in the social networking era. A chance for improvement.
- Grandparent Education Through Simulation-Diabetes.
- Reproductive knowledge and use of contraception among women with diabetes.
- Evaluation of Immunogenicity of LY2963016 Insulin Glargine Compared with LantusŪ Insulin Glargine in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus or Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
30 September 2015
- Disordered eating and insulin restriction in youths receiving intensified insulin treatment: Results from a nationwide population-based study.
- The Detection and Management of Diabetes Distress in People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Behavioral Programs for Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Intuitive eating is Associated with glycaemic control in adolescents with type I Diabetes Mellitus.
23 September 2015
- Momentary Predictors of Insulin Restriction Among Adults With Type 1 Diabetes and Eating Disorder Symptomatology.
- High hemoglobin A1c variability is associated with early risk of microalbuminuria in children with T1D.
- Effect of sensor-augmented pump treatment vs. multiple daily injections on albuminuria: a 1 year randomized study.
- Integrated insulin pump therapy with continuous glucose monitoring for improved adherence: technology update. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Severe Hypoglycemia and the Role of the Significant Other: Expert, Sentry, and Protector.
- The Effects of Transition from Bedtime to Morning Glargine Administration in Patients with Poorly Regulated Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: Croatian Pilot Study.
- Clinical presentation and memory function in youth with type 1 diabetes.
- Long-term excess risk of heart failure in people with type 1 diabetes: a prospective case-control study.
18 September 2015
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Adjunctive Metformin Therapy in Overweight/Obese Youth with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of NPH Insulin in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: The Importance of Appropriate Resuspension Before Subcutaneous Injection.
- Impact of Frequent and Persistent Use of Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) on Hypoglycemia Fear, Frequency of Emergency Medical Treatment, and SMBG Frequency After One Year.
- Potential Insulin Underdelivery from Prefilled and Reusable Insulin Pens in Cases of Premature Needle Withdrawal: A Laboratory Evaluation.
- Periodontal Diseases and Dental Caries in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Pregnancy planning in type 1 diabetic women improves glycemic control and pregnancy outcomes.
- Management of adolescents with very poorly controlled type 1 diabetes by nurses: a parallel group randomized controlled trial. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
9 September 2015
- A case study in open source innovation: developing the Tidepool Platform for interoperability in type 1 diabetes management.
- Effect of 4 years subcutaneous insulin infusion treatment on albuminuria, kidney function and HbA1c compared with multiple daily injections: a longitudinal follow-up study.
- Multiple Daily Injections OR Insulin Pump Therapy: Choosing the Best Option for Your Patient-An Evidence-based Approach.
- Treatment intensification without improved HbA1c levels in children and adolescents with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- The treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus with agents approved for type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Ocular Complications in Children with Diabetes Mellitus.
- Evaluation of glucose control when a new strategy of increased carbohydrate supply is implemented during prolonged physical exercise in type 1 diabetes.
2 September 2015
- Effects of High-Intensity Interval Exercise versus Moderate Continuous Exercise on Glucose Homeostasis and Hormone Response in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Using Novel Ultra-Long-Acting Insulin.
- Glycemic control and sponsor rank of military dependents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Identifying Differences in Risk Factors for Depression and Anxiety in Pediatric Chronic Disease: A Matched Cross-Sectional Study of Youth with Lupus/Mixed Connective Tissue Disease and Their Peers with Diabetes.
- Ocular Complications in Children with Diabetes Mellitus. See also Diabetic Retinopathy Screening for Children with Type 1 Diabetes Should Start at Later Stage, New Study Say.
26 August 2015
- Glycemic Variability and Its Impact on Quality of Life in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Quality of Life and Psychological Screening in Children with Type 1 Diabetes and their Mothers.
- Family preferences for home or hospital care at diagnosis for children with diabetes in the DECIDE study.
- GLP-1 receptor agonists in type 1 diabetes: a proof-of-concept approach.
- Use of Telemedicine to Improve Adherence to American Diabetes Association Standards in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes.
- Development of perioperative glycemic control using an artificial endocrine pancreas.
- Temporal variation of diabetic ketoacidosis and hypoglycemia in adults with type 1 diabetes: A nationwide cohort study.
- Blood Glucose Fluctuation During Ramadan Fasting in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes: Findings of Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
- Impact of Maternal Country of Birth on Type-1-Diabetes Therapy and Outcome in 27,643 Children and Adolescents from the DPV Registry. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
19 August 2015
- "I Don't Want Them to Feel Different": A Mixed Methods Study of Parents' Beliefs and Dietary Management Strategies for Their Young Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Association Between 7 Years of Intensive Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes and Long-term Mortality.
- Effect of Insulin Dilution on Lowering Glycemic Variability in Pump-Treated Young Children with Inadequately Controlled Type 1 Diabetes.
- Insulin pump therapy, multiple daily injections, and cardiovascular mortality in 18 168 people with type 1 diabetes: observational study. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Long-Term Insulin Pump Therapy Decreases Mortality in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Insulin-based strategies to prevent hypoglycaemia during and after exercise in adult patients with type 1 diabetes on pump therapy: the DIABRASPORT randomized study.
- Bolus Estimation-Rethinking the Effect of Meal Fat Content.
- Effect of Subcutaneous Insulin Detemir on Glucose Flux, Lipolysis and Electroencephalography in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Economic Value of Improved Accuracy for Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose Devices for Type 1 Diabetes in Canada.
- Rates of Diabetic Ketoacidosis: International Comparison With 49,859 Pediatric Patients With Type 1 Diabetes From England, Wales, the U.S., Austria, and Germany.
- Are Risk Indices Derived From CGM Interchangeable With SMBG-Based Indices?
- Type 1 Diabetes in Twitter: Who All Listen To? Full text in PDF available via link on PubMed page.
- Opinion: Consider Older Insulins in Type 2 Diabetes Patients.
12 August 2015
- Accuracy of Continuous Glucose Monitoring During Three Closed-Loop Home Studies Under Free-Living Conditions.
- Impact of new technologies on diabetes care. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The relation between awareness of personal resources and metabolic control in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Hypoglycaemia in adults with insulin-treated diabetes in the UK: self-reported frequency and effects.
- The Role of Mobile Applications in Improving Alcohol Health Literacy in Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: Help or Hindrance?
- Effectiveness of the Kids in Control of Food (KICk-OFF) structured education course for 11-16 year olds with Type 1 diabetes.
- Any Visit to the Eye Doctor in the Past 12 Months Among Adults Diagnosed With Diabetes, by Years Since Diabetes Diagnosis and by Age: United States, 2012-2013.
5 August 2015
- Hypoglycemia Reduction and Changes in Hemoglobin A1c in the ASPIRE In-Home Study.
- Comparison of treatment with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion versus multiple daily insulin injections with bolus calculator in type 1 diabetes.
- Are late-night eating habits and sleep duration associated with glycemic control in adult type 1 diabetes patients treated with insulin pumps? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Insulin degludec results in lower rates of nocturnal hypoglycaemia and fasting plasma glucose vs. insulin glargine: A meta-analysis of seven clinical trials.
- Psychosocial Outcomes of Participating in Pediatric Diabetes Camp.
- Efficacy of a Behavioral Intervention for Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes Across Income.
- Psychological distress of children with early-onset type 1 diabetes and their mothers' wellbeing.
- General Life and Diabetes-Related Stressors in Early Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
29 July 2015
- Testing for Rewards: A Pilot Study to Improve Type 1 Diabetes Management in Adolescents.
- Sustained benefit of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion on glycaemic control and hypoglycaemia in adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- Needle detachment in a slim and physically active child with insulin pump treatment.
- Effect of Playing Interactive Computer Game on Distress of Insulin Injection Among Type 1 Diabetic Children.
- Type 1 Diabetes Is Associated With an Increased Risk of Fracture Across the Life Span: A Population-Based Cohort Study Using The Health Improvement Network (THIN).
- Interventions for Diabetic Retinopathy in Type 1 Diabetes: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Euglycemic Diabetic Ketoacidosis, a Misleading Presentation of Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
- Costs of Development and Maintenance of an Internet Program for Teens with Type 1 Diabetes.
22 July 2015
- Academic abilities and glycaemic control in children and young people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Association of diet and lifestyle with glycated haemoglobin in type 1 diabetes participants in the EURODIAB prospective complications study.
- The Cost of a Healthier Diet for Young Children With Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Reducing glucose variability with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion increases endothelial progenitor cells in type 1 diabetes: an observational study.
- Effects of acute caffeine supplementation on reducing exercise-associated hypoglycaemia in individuals with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Mechanisms of hypoglycemia unawareness and implications in diabetic patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Obesity in Youth with Type 1 Diabetes in Germany, Austria, and the United States.
- Moving the Journey Towards Independence: Adolescents Transitioning to Successful Diabetes Self-Management.
- Sugar-sweetened beverage intake and cardiovascular risk factor profile in youth with type 1 diabetes: application of measurement error methodology in the SEARCH Nutrition Ancillary Study.
- Comparison of Frequency and Duration of Periodontal Disease With Progression of Coronary Artery Calcium in Patients With and Without Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Severe hypoglycaemia in adults with insulin-treated diabetes: impact on healthcare resources. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Use of Serum Bicarbonate to Substitute for Venous pH in New-Onset Diabetes.
- Sodium glucose transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibition and ketogenesis. Free full text available in HTML format.
15 July 2015
- The Emerging Diabetes Online Community. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Secrecy From Parents and Type 1 Diabetes Management in Late Adolescence.
- Predictors of Glycemic Control in Adolescents of Various Age Groups With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Continuous glucose monitoring and hypoglycemia unawareness in type 1 diabetes: a pilot study.
- Body Image Mediates Negative Family Climate and Deteriorating Glycemic Control for Single Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) changes over time among adolescent and young adult participants in the T1D exchange clinic registry.
- Dyslipidemia in young patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML, ePDF, and PDF formats.
- Effect of hypoxia on heart rate variability and baroreflex sensitivity during hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- A Minority of Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Routinely Downloads and Retrospectively Reviews Device Data.
1 July 2015
- Insulin pump therapy, multiple daily injections, and cardiovascular mortality in 18 168 people with type 1 diabetes: observational study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Symptoms of Eating Disorders and Depression in Emerging Adults with Early-Onset, Long-Duration Type 1 Diabetes and Their Association with Metabolic Control.
- Near-normoglycaemia and development of neuropathy: a 24-year prospective study from diagnosis of type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Baseline haemoglobin A1c influences retinal function after long-term insulin pump therapy.
- Physicians' self-perceptions of care for emerging adults with type 1 diabetes.
- 'It makes a difference, coming here': A qualitative exploration of clinic attendance among young adults with type 1 diabetes..
- Patients achieving good glycemic control (hba1c <7%) experience a lower rate of hypoglycemia with insulin degludec than with insulin glargine: a meta-analysis of phase 3a trials.
[ Current Daily Care News | News from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday November 25, 2015 20:20:16
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.