Current Daily Care News
19 July 2017
- Statin use and cognitive function in middle-aged adults with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Challenges in diagnosis and management of diabetes in the young. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Disparities in Diabetes Deaths Among Children and Adolescents — United States, 2000–2014.
- The effect of functional insulin therapy on glycaemic parameters in children with diabetes mellitus type 1. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Effect of initiating use of an insulin pump in adults with type 1 diabetes using multiple daily insulin injections and continuous glucose monitoring (DIAMOND): a multicentre, randomised controlled trial.
- Postprandial Dosing of Bolus Insulin In Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: A Cross-Sectional Study Using Data From The T1D Exchange Registry.
- The relationship of blood glucose with cardiovascular disease is mediated over time by traditional risk factors in type 1 diabetes: the DCCT/EDIC study.
- Glycaemic control and excess risk of major coronary events in persons with type 1 diabetes.
- The effectiveness of cognitive-function stress management training in glycemic control in children and in mental health of mother caring for child with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Difficult conversations: adults with diabetes and the discussion of microvascular complications.
- Comorbidities, complications and mortality in people of South Asian ethnicity with type 1 diabetes compared with other ethnic groups: a systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Hand, shoulder and back stiffness in long-term type 1 diabetes; cross-sectional association with skin collagen advanced glycation end-products. The Dialong study.
- Innovative technology shows impact of glycaemic control on peripheral retinal vessels in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Nonnutritive sweeteners and cardiometabolic health: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials and prospective cohort studies. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also
- Artificial Sweeteners Don't Help People Lose Weight, Review Finds.
- Drug Use, Suicide Found in Type 1 Diabetes Organ Donors.
12 July 2017
- Prediction of nocturnal hypoglycemia unawareness by fasting glucose levels or post-breakfast glucose fluctuations in patients with type 1 diabetes receiving insulin degludec: A pilot study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- High‐intensity interval exercise and glycemic control in adolescents with type one diabetes mellitus: a case study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Association between quality of life of adolescents with type 1 diabetes and parents' illness perception as evaluated by adolescents.
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis at Diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes Predicts Poor Long-term Glycemic Control. See also Presenting in DKA Predicts Worse Long-term Diabetes Control. (Free Medscape membership required)
- Challenges of Diabetes Management in Toddlers.
- Effect of Insulin Degludec vs Insulin Glargine U100 on Hypoglycemia in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: The SWITCH 1 Randomized Clinical Trial. See also Could SWITCHing to Insulin Degludec Thwart Hypoglycemia? (Free Medscape membership required)
28 June 2017
- Comparison of different insulin pump makes under routine care conditions in adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- Incidence of prolonged QTc and severe hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes: the EURODIAB Prospective Complications Study.
- Experiences of closed-loop insulin delivery among pregnant women with Type 1 diabetes.
- Glycemic Control and Muscle Damage in 3 Athletes with Type 1 Diabetes During a Successful Performance in a Relay Ultramarathon: A Case Report.
- Diabetes-Specific and General Life Stress and Glycemic Outcomes in Emerging Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: Is Race/Ethnicity a Moderator?
- Incidence of diabetes-related complications in Chinese patients with type 1 diabetes: a population-based longitudinal cohort study in Taiwan. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Successful management of refractory diabetic gastroparesis with long-term Aprepitant treatment.
21 June 2017
- Retrospective Analysis of Continuous Glucose Monitoring Data With the Surveillance Error Grid Supports Nonadjunctive Dosing Decisions.
- Hypoglycemic Event Frequency and the Effect of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes Using Multiple Daily Insulin Injections.
- Adherence of self-monitoring of blood glucose in persons with type 1 diabetes in Sweden. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Effects of Basal Insulin Suspension at the Start of Exercise on Blood Glucose Levels During Continuous Versus Circuit-Based Exercise in Individuals with Type 1 Diabetes on Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion.
- Cardiovascular and metabolic effects of metformin in patients with type 1 diabetes (REMOVAL): a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial.
- Effects of Insulin Plus Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Receptor Agonists (GLP-1RAs) in Treating Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Low-dose glucagon effective for mild to moderate hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes.
- Short-term poor glycemic control and retinal microvascular changes in pediatric Type 1 Diabetes patients in Singapore: a pilot study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Variability of Diabetes Alert Dog Accuracy in a Real-World Setting.
- Management and Family Burdens Endorsed by Parents of Youth <7 Years Old With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Pilot Study of a Novel Application for Data Visualization in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Glycemic variability and insulin needs in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus supplemented with vitamin D: a pilot study using continuous glucose monitoring system.
- Basal and Bolus Insulin Dose Changes after Switching Basal Insulin to Insulin Degludec in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: A Pilot Study.
- Markedly increased incidence of critical illness in adults with Type 1 diabetes.
14 June 2017
- Efficacy and Safety of Mini-dose Glucagon for Treatment of Non-severe Hypoglycemia in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Impact of hypoglycaemia on patient-reported outcomes from a global, 24-country study of 27,585 people with type 1 and insulin-treated type 2 diabetes.
- Bolus Calculator Reduces Hypoglycemia in the Short Term and Fear of Hypoglycemia in the Long Term in Subjects with Type 1 Diabetes (CBMDI Study).
- Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: Romantic Relationships and Implications for Well-Being.
- Association Between Glycemic Variability, HbA1c, and Large-for-Gestational-Age Neonates in Women With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Fetal Outcomes After Diabetic Ketoacidosis During Pregnancy.
- Effect of pregnancy planning on maternal and neonatal outcomes in women with Type 1 diabetes.
- Techniques of monitoring blood glucose during pregnancy for women with pre-existing diabetes.
- A 10-second sprint does not blunt hormonal counter-regulation to subsequent hypoglycaemia.
- Racial Differences in the Relationship of Glucose Concentrations and Hemoglobin A1c Levels. See also HbA1c Overestimates Glucose Levels in Black Patients with Type 1 Diabetes and Why a key diabetes test may work differently depending on your race.
- Effects of exogenous human insulin dose adjustment on body mass index in adult patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus at Kalafong Hospital, Pretoria, South Africa, 2009 - 2014.
- Neuropathy and presence of emotional distress and depression in longstanding diabetes: Results from the Canadian study of longevity in type 1 diabetes.
7 June 2017
- Ketoacidosis at onset of type 1 diabetes is a predictor of long-term glycemic control.
- Optimizing the combination insulin bolus split for a high-fat, high-protein meal in children and adolescents using insulin pump therapy.
- An additional bolus of rapid-acting insulin to normalise postprandial cardiovascular risk factors following a high-carbohydrate high-fat meal in patients with type 1 diabetes: A randomised controlled trial. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Simple step to protect people with type 1 diabetes against heart disease.
- Exploring factors influencing HbA1c and psychosocial outcomes in people with type 1 diabetes after training in advanced carbohydrate counting.
- Projected Long-Term Outcomes in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes Treated With Fast-Acting Insulin Aspart Versus Conventional Insulin Aspart in the UK Setting.
- Role of Mobile Technology to Improve Diabetes Care in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes: The Remote-T1D Study iBGStar® in Type 1 Diabetes Management.
- The Effect of Metformin as an Adjunct Therapy in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Sharing and helping: predictors of adolescents' willingness to share diabetes personal health information with peers.
- Prediction of preeclampsia in type 1 diabetes in early pregnancy by clinical predictors: a systematic review.
31 May 2017
- Both the frequency of HbA1c testing and the frequency of SMBG predict metabolic control: A multicenter analysis of 15,199 adult type 1 diabetes patients from Germany and Austria.
- The Risk of Severe Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes Over 30 Years of Follow-up in the DCCT/EDIC Study.
- Shared Responsibility for Type 1 Diabetes Care Is Associated With Glycemic Variability and Risk of Glycemic Excursions in Youth.
- Factors Associated With Diabetes-Specific Health-Related Quality of Life in Youth With Type 1 Diabetes: The Global TEENs Study.
- Examination of Psychosocial and Physiological Risk for Bulimic Symptoms in Youth With Type 1 Diabetes Transitioning to an Insulin Pump: A Pilot Study.
- SGLT-2 Inhibitors: Is There a Role in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Management?
- Glycemic Variability in Type 1 Diabetes Compared with Degludec and Glargine on the Morning Injection: An Open-label Randomized Controlled Trial.
24 May 2017
- Outcomes That Matter to Teens With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Effectiveness of SmartGuard Technology in the Prevention of Nocturnal Hypoglycemia After Prolonged Physical Activity.
- Change in hemoglobin A1c one year following the 2014 American Diabetes Association guideline update.
- Psychological Flexibility Among Youth with Type 1 Diabetes: Relating Patterns of Acceptance, Adherence, and Stress to Adaptation.
- The Canadian Hypoglycemia Assessment Tool Program: Insights Into Rates and Implications of Hypoglycemia From an Observational Study.
- Role of Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Clinical Trials: Recommendations on Reporting.
- Objective Evaluation of Corneal and Lens Clarity in Children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Self-Reported Diagnosis of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes and Lifestyle Change Among Uninsured Primary Care Patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
17 May 2017
- Accuracy of a CGM Sensor in Pediatric Subjects With Type 1 Diabetes. Comparison of Three Insertion Sites: Arm, Abdomen, and Gluteus.
- Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Children: A Pilot Study Validating a Protocol to Avoid Hypoglycemia at Initiation. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Socioeconomic inequalities in mortality, morbidity and diabetes management for adults with type 1 diabetes: A systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Neighborhood disorder and glycemic control in late adolescents with Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetes distress is linked with worsening diabetes management over time in adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- Dietary intake and risk of non-severe hypoglycemia in adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Dietary sodium intake relates to vascular health in children with type 1 diabetes..
- Real-life experience of patients starting insulin degludec. A multicenter analysis of 1064 subjects from the German/Austrian DPV registry.
- SGLT2 inhibitors and diabetic ketoacidosis: data from the FDA Adverse Event Reporting System.
- Long term risk of severe retinopathy in childhood-onset type 1 diabetes: a data linkage study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Attention Problems as a Predictor of Type 1 Diabetes Adherence and Metabolic Control Across Adolescence.
10 May 2017
- Progressive Retinal Vasodilation in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: A Longitudinal Study of Retinal Vascular Geometry.
- The Effect of National Service on Metabolic Control, Weight Status and Incidence of Acute Diabetes Complications in Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
3 May 2017
- A Comparison of Time Delay in Three Continuous Glucose Monitors for Adolescents and Adult.
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Older Adults With Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Using Multiple Daily Injections of Insulin: Results From the DIAMOND Trial.
- A cluster randomised trial, cost-effectiveness analysis and psychosocial evaluation of insulin pump therapy compared with multiple injections during flexible intensive insulin therapy for type 1 diabetes: the REPOSE Trial.
- Asymmetric changes in circulating insulin levels after an increase compared with a reduction in insulin pump basal rate in people with Type 1 diabetes.
- Ultrasound characterization of insulin induced lipohypertrophy in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Hypothyroidism among pediatric patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus, from patients' characteristics to disease severity.
26 April 2017
- Nighttime is the worst time: Parental fear of hypoglycemia in young children with type 1 diabetes.
- Associations between major life events and adherence, glycemic control, and psychosocial characteristics in teens with type 1 diabetes.
- Cost-effectiveness of sensor-augmented pump therapy versus standard insulin pump therapy in patients with type 1 diabetes in Denmark.
- Frequency of Evidence-Based Screening for Retinopathy in Type 1 Diabetes. See also Fewer exams and better eye health? Aye-aye, finds type 1 diabetes study.
- The effect of retraining on treatment success, life quality and metabolic parameters in patients with type 1 diabetes using insulin pump.
- Resting heart rate variability and exercise capacity in Type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Developing a Patient-Centered mHealth App: A Tool for Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes and Their Parents. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- High Prevalence of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus Adolescents: Is There a Difference Depending on the NIH and Rotterdam Criteria?
19 April 2017
- The Impact of Frequency and Tone of Parent-Youth Communication on Type 1 Diabetes Management.
- Predicting and Reducing Driving Mishaps Among Drivers With Type 1 Diabetes. See also Program identifies risky diabetic drivers and helps them improve.
- A Single Bout of High-Intensity Interval Training Reduces Awareness of Subsequent Hypoglycemia in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Glucose Variations and Activity Are Strongly Coupled in Sleep and Wake in Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Efficacy and Safety of SGLT2 Inhibitors in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: A Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.
- A Methodology to Compare Insulin Dosing Recommendations in Real-Life Settings.
- Patterns, Policy and Appropriateness: A 12-Year Utilization Review of Blood Glucose Test Strip Use in Insulin Users.
- Early onset symptomatic neuropathy in a child with Type 1 Diabetes mellitus.
- Endocrine and metabolic consequences due to restrictive carbohydrate diets in children with type 1 diabetes: An illustrative case series.
12 April 2017
- The Impact of Continuous Glucose Monitoring on Markers of Quality of Life in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: Further Findings From the DIAMOND Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Real-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring Facilitates Feelings of Safety in Older Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: A Qualitative Study.
- ENDO: Liraglutide May Prevent Lipolysis, Ketogenesis in T1D.
- Carbohydrate Counting during Pregnancy in Women with Type 1 Diabetes: Are There Predictable Changes That We Should Know?
- Alcohol and cigarette use among adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Very low-dose fluvastatin-valsartan combination decreases parameters of inflammation and oxidative stress in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Thyroid and Islet Autoantibodies Predict Autoimmune Thyroid Disease at Type 1 Diabetes Diagnosis.
- Metabolic effects of insulin in a human model of ketoacidosis combining exposure to lipopolysaccharide and insulin deficiency: a randomised, controlled, crossover study in individuals with type 1 diabetes.
29 March 2017
- Prevention of Hypoglycemia With Predictive Low Glucose Insulin Suspension in Children With Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Expectations and Attitudes of Individuals With Type 1 Diabetes After Using a Hybrid Closed Loop System.
- Comparative study on treatment satisfaction and health perception in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus on multiple daily injection of insulin, insulin pump and sensor-augmented pump therapy. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Short-term Effects of Low Carbohydrate Diet on Glycaemic Parameters and Cardiovascular Risk Markers in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes - A Randomised Open-label Cross-over Trial.
- An additional bolus of rapid-acting insulin to normalise postprandial cardiovascular risk factors following a high-carbohydrate high-fat meal in patients with type 1 diabetes: A randomised controlled trial.
- Ophthalmic Screening Patterns Among Youths With Diabetes Enrolled in a Large US Managed Care Network.
- Parental evaluation of a telemonitoring service for children with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Adherence to pediatric diabetic ketoacidosis guidelines by community emergency departments' providers.
22 March 2017
- Long-Term Effects of Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion on Glucose Control and Microvascular Complications in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Comparison of Insulin Pump Therapy and Multiple Daily Injections Insulin Regimen in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes During Ramadan Fasting.
- Differences in depression, treatment satisfaction and injection behavior in adults with type 1 diabetes and different degrees of lipohypertrophy.
- Schooling diabetes: Use of continuous glucose monitoring and remote monitors in the home and school settings.
- Liraglutide acutely suppresses glucagon, lipolysis and ketogenesis in type 1 diabetes.
- Blood glucose kinetics and physiological changes in a type 1 diabetic finisher of the Ultraman triathlon: a case study.
- Self- and parent-reported executive problems in adolescents with type 1 diabetes are associated with poor metabolic control and low physical activity.
- Metformin as add-on to intensive insulin therapy in type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Late-onset islet autoimmunity in childhood: the Diabetes Autoimmunity Study in the Young (DAISY).
- Social economic costs of type 1 diabetes mellitus in pediatric patients in Spain: CHRYSTAL observational study.
15 March 2017
- Evaluating emergency preparedness and impact of a hurricane sandy in pediatric patients with diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Fear of Hypoglycemia, Parenting Stress, and Metabolic Control for Children with Type 1 Diabetes and Their Parents.
- Cognitive deficits associated with impaired awareness of hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes.
- Pregnancy Outcomes and Insulin Requirements in Women with Type 1 Diabetes Treated with Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion and Multiple Daily Injections: Cohort Study.
- Glycemic Excursions in Type 1 Diabetes in Pregnancy: A Semiparametric Statistical Approach to Identify Sensitive Time Points during Gestation. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Maternal and perinatal outcomes in pregnant women with type 1 diabetes treated with continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion and real time continuous glucose monitoring in two specialized centers in Medellin, Colombia.
- Practices, perceptions and expectations for carbohydrate counting in patients with type 1 diabetes - Results from an online survey.
- The efficacy and safety of SGLT2 inhibitors for adjunctive treatment of type 1 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Acute Kidney Injury in Children With Type 1 Diabetes Hospitalized for Diabetic Ketoacidosis.
- Depression, anxiety and anger in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Differences in incidence of diabetic retinopathy between type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus: a nine-year follow-up study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The impact of type 1 diabetes and diabetic polyneuropathy on muscle strength and fatigability.
8 March 2017
- Association of Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosed During Childhood and Adolescence With Complications During Teenage Years and Young Adulthood.
- Performance of the FreeStyle Libre Flash glucose monitoring system in patients with type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- A Clinical Trial of the Accuracy and Treatment Experience of the Flash Glucose Monitor FreeStyle Libre in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Increasing the protein quantity in a meal results in dose-dependent effects on postprandial glucose levels in individuals with Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Sensor-Augmented Insulin Pumps and Hypoglycemia Prevention in Type 1 Diabetes.
- High-intensity Exercise in Men with Type 1 Diabetes and Mode of Insulin Therapy.
- Poor Vitamin C Status Late in Pregnancy Is Associated with Increased Risk of Complications in Type 1 Diabetic Women: A Cross-Sectional Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Insulin dose analysis during pregnancy in type 1 diabetic patients treated with insulin pump therapy.
- A Randomized Controlled Study of an Insulin Dosing Application That Uses Recognition and Meal Bolus Estimations.
- Establishing the feasibility of a community and primary health care intervention to raise awareness of symptoms of Type 1 Diabetes-The Early Detection of Type 1 Diabetes in Youth (EDDY) study.
1 March 2017
- Metabolic Effects of Glucose-Fructose Co-Ingestion Compared to Glucose Alone during Exercise in Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Evaluation of a Predictive Low-Glucose Management System In-Clinic.
- A Large Difference in Dose Timing of Basal Insulin Introduces Risk of Hypoglycemia and Overweight: A Cross-Sectional Study.
- Bone health in subjects with type 1 diabetes for more than 50 years.
- Association between adherence to dietary recommendations and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein level in type 1 diabetes.
- Correlation between pre-Ramadan glycemic control and subsequent glucose fluctuation during fasting in adolescents with Type 1 diabetes.
- Retinal neurodegeneration in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus: the role of glycemic variability.
- Very High Prevalence of Frozen Shoulder in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes of More than 45 Years' Duration. The Dialong Shoulder Study.
22 February 2017
- REPLACE-BG: A Randomized Trial Comparing Continuous Glucose Monitoring With and Without Routine Blood Glucose Monitoring in Well-Controlled Adults With Type 1 Diabetes. See also Clinical Study Confirms Continuous Glucose Monitoring is as Safe and Effective as Blood Glucose Monitoring.
- Evaluation of Subcutaneous Glucose Monitoring Systems under Routine Environmental Conditions in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- A Pooled Analysis of Clinical Pharmacology Trials Investigating the Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Characteristics of Fast-Acting Insulin Aspart in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Blood versus urine ketone monitoring in a pediatric cohort of patients with type 1 diabetes: a crossover study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of peer-based intervention in managing type I diabetes mellitus among children and adolescents: A systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Australasian Diabetes Data Network: first national audit of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Prevalence of diabetic retinopathy at first presentation to the retinal screening service in the greater Wellington region of New Zealand 2006-2015, and implications for models of retinal screening.
- Correlates of overweight and obesity in 5529 adolescents with type 1 diabetes: The T1D Exchange Clinic Registry.
- Excess BMI in Childhood: A Modifiable Risk Factor for Type 1 Diabetes Development.
- Diurnal Differences in Risk of Cardiac Arrhythmias During Spontaneous Hypoglycemia in Young People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Screening for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: a cross-sectional analysis.
- Building Therapeutic Relationships: Choosing Words That Put People First.
15 February 2017
- Behaviours, thoughts and perceptions around mealtime insulin usage and wastage among people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus: A cross-sectional survey study.
- A Review of the Clinical Efficacy and Safety of Insulin Degludec and Glargine 300 U/mL in the Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus.
- Diabetes in young adult men: social and health-related correlates.
- Fasting, Diabetes, and Optimizing Health Outcomes for Ramadan Observers: A Literature Review.
- Attitude, complications, ability of fasting and glycemic control in fasting Ramadan by children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Once Again, Periodontitis Tied to Diabetes Complications.
- Decreased regional left ventricular myocardial strain in type 1 diabetic children: a first sign of diabetic cardiomyopathy?
- Labor market consequences of growing up with a sibling with type 1-diabetes.
8 February 2017
- An alternative sensor-based method for glucose monitoring in children and young people with diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Diabetes camp matters: Assessing families' views of their diabetes camp experience.
- Self-reported regular alcohol consumption in adolescents and emerging adults with type 1 diabetes: A neglected risk factor for diabetic ketoacidosis? Multicenter analysis of 29 630 patients from the DPV registry.
- Insulin Timing – a Patient Centered Approach to Improve Control in Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Type 1 diabetes from adolescence to adulthood: is there a permanent need for nutrition education and reeducation?
- The effect of adding metformin to insulin therapy for type 1 diabetes mellitus children: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Different insulin types and regimens for pregnant women with pre-existing diabetes.
- Maternal Type 1 diabetes activates stress response in early placenta.
- Association of Sickle Cell Trait With Hemoglobin A1c in African Americans. See also The A1C Blood Sugar Test May Be Less Accurate In African-Americans.
- Health-related quality of life and utility values associated to hypoglycemia in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus treated in the Brazilian Public Health System: a multicenter study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Impact of neighbourhood-level inequity on paediatric diabetes care.
- Striving for control: lessons learned from a successful international Type 1 Diabetes Youth Challenge.
- Incidence of chronic kidney disease among people with diabetes: a systematic review of observational studies.
- Pediatric Diabetes Outpatient Center at Rhode Island Hospital: The impact of changing initial diabetes education from inpatient to outpatient.
1 February 2017
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring vs Conventional Therapy for Glycemic Control in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes Treated With Multiple Daily Insulin Injections. The GOLD Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Closed-loop for type 1 diabetes - an introduction and appraisal for the generalist. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- High HbA1c at onset cannot be used as a predictor for future metabolic control for the individual child with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- The additional dose of insulin for high-protein mixed meal provides better glycemic control in children with type 1 diabetes on insulin pumps: randomized cross-over study.
- Potential Hypoxic Renal Injury in Patients With Diabetes on SGLT2 Inhibitors: Caution Regarding Concomitant Use of NSAIDs and Iodinated Contrast Media.
- Predictors of Dyslipidemia Over Time in Youth With Type 1 Diabetes: For the SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth Study.
- Impact of quality of life (QoL) on glycemic control (HbA1c) among adolescents and emerging adults with long-duration type 1 diabetes: A prospective cohort-study.
- Pregnancy and neonatal outcomes in women with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Are Changes in Heart Rate Variability During Hypoglycemia Confounded by the Presence of Cardiovascular Autonomic Neuropathy in Patients with Diabetes?
- Blood pressure regulation determined by ambulatory blood pressure profiles in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: Impact on diabetic complications.
- Prevalence of referable, sight-threatening retinopathy in type 1 diabetes and its relationship to diabetes duration and systemic risk factors.
25 January 2017
- "Let the Algorithm Do the Work": Reduction of Hypoglycemia Using Sensor-Augmented Pump Therapy with Predictive Insulin Suspension (SmartGuard) in Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes Patients.
- Poor Adherence to Ketone Testing in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Dapagliflozin in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes: A post-hoc analysis of the effect of insulin dose adjustments on 24-hour continuously monitored mean glucose and fasting beta-hydroxybutyrate levels from a Phase IIa pilot study.
- Ketosis and Diabetic Ketoacidosis in Response to SGLT2 Inhibitors: Basic Mechanisms and Therapeutic Perspectives.
- Clinical, behavioural and social indicators for poor glycaemic control around the time of transfer to adult care: a longitudinal study of 126 young people with diabetes.
- Comparison of Insulin Glargine 300 U/mL and 100 U/mL in Adults With Type 1 Diabetes: Continuous Glucose Monitoring Profiles and Variability Using Morning or Evening Injections.
- Comparing effects of insulin analogues and human insulin on nocturnal glycaemia in hypoglycaemia-prone people with Type 1 diabetes. See also Analogue insulin better for night-time hypos in type 1 diabetes, researchers say.
- Exercise management in type 1 diabetes: a consensus statement. Full text available with free registration. See also Safe exercise guidelines for type 1 diabetes by international team led by York U researcher and JDRF PEAK Experts Develop First-Ever Consensus Guidelines on Safe Exercise for People with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Translating HbA1c measurements into estimated average glucose values in pregnant women with diabetes.
- Sulfonylurea challenge test in subjects diagnosed with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
18 January 2017
- Poor Adherence to Ketone Testing in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Behavioral Programs To Help Manage Type 1 Diabetes.
- Mother, Father, and Adolescent Self-Control and Adherence in Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Metabolic Control and Academic Achievement Over Time Among Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- The relationships among fear of hypoglycaemia, diabetes-related quality of life and psychological well-being in Norwegian adults with Type 1 diabetes.
- Urinary C peptide creatinine ratio in pregnant women with normal glucose tolerance and type 1 diabetes: evidence for insulin secretion. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Health-related quality of life (HRQOL) and its associated factors in children with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM). Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
11 January 2017
- Basal rate tests (24 h fasts) performed in type-1 diabetic subjects with either absolute fasting or snacks containing negligible carbohydrate amounts result in similar glucose profiles - a randomized controlled prospective trial.
- Young people with type 1 diabetes mellitus: Attitudes, perceptions, and experiences of diabetes management and continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion therapy.
- Physical Activity Levels of Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Improved treatment satisfaction in patients with type 1 diabetes treated with insulin glargine 100U/mL versus neutral protamine Hagedorn insulin: An exploration of key predictors from two randomized controlled trials.
- Behavioral Analysis of Chinese Adult Patients with Type 1 Diabetes on Self-monitoring of Blood Glucose.
- Does oral glutamine improve insulin sensitivity in adolescents with type 1 diabetes?
- Brief Computer-Delivered Intervention to Increase Parental Monitoring in Families of African American Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Higher glucose variability in type 1 than in type 2 diabetes patients admitted to the intensive care unit: A retrospective cohort study.
- Iowa Gambling Task Performance Prospectively Predicts Changes in Glycemic Control among Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes. (See also Iowa Gambling Task in Wikipedia.)
4 January 2017
- Diabetes distress high in adolescents, particularly girls.
- Toward Defining the Threshold Between Low and High Glucose Variability in Diabetes.
- A New Model to Estimate Insulin Resistance via Clinical Parameters in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes..
- Impact of diabetic ketoacidosis on thyroid function tests in type 1 diabetes mellitus patients.
[ Current Daily Care News | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday July 19, 2017 18:45:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.