Current Legislative and Legal News
26 August 2015
- People with diabetes in North Carolina, their parents, and friends are encouraged to contact their state senators on Reegan's Rule. This legislation will help ensure that parents are educated on signs of type 1 diabetes at children's' wellness visits. The North Carolina house passed the bill in a strong, non-partisan 111 to 6 vote. If you live in North Carolina, see this post at DiabetesDad.org for the quick and easy steps to contact your senator.
19 August 2015
- Teen diabetic gets $75K after being denied insulin during arrest.
- Lawsuit: Anderson Schools withheld nursing services for diabetic boy.
- New law lets students self-manage diabetes.
12 August 2015
- Paramedic fired for her diabetes wins disability discrimination suit.
- New Hawaii law expands school care options for students with diabetes.
- Prepping for Back to School When You Have Diabetes.
- Opinion: It shouldn't matter where you go to school, but for kids with diabetes, it does.
- Young students with diabetes should get equal treatment.
- Diabetic alert dog can go to school with student.
29 July 2015
- Senate Hears Testimony for Medicare CGM Coverage.
- Father of two branded unfit parent and reported to social services after hypo.
15 July 2015
- School denies program enrollment to child with diabetes in Albertville, Minn.
24 June 2015
- School nurses concerned about repercussions of diabetes bill.
20 May 2015
- Mother of diabetic student sues Eastern High School staff for negligence.
6 May 2015
- Graham pushing legislation to aid diabetes detection.
22 April 2015
- Google Secures Patent for Glucose-Sensing Contact Lens.
- Mom says daughter with diabetes unfairly forced to leave Taunton day care center.
15 April 2015
- Congress has Renewed the Special Diabetes Program (SDP) for Two Years.
8 April 2015
- New legislation would increase access to diabetes education.
2 April 2015
- Healthcare resource implications of hypoglycemia-related hospital admissions and inpatient hypoglycemia: retrospective record-linked cohort studies in England.
25 March 2015
[ Current Legislative and Legal News | News from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday September 02, 2015 17:36:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.