Current Legislative and Legal News
18 January 2017
- JDRF Encouraged by Medicare Decision to Take First Step Toward Coverage of Continuous Glucose Monitors for People with Type 1 Diabetes. The full CMS ruling is available as a PDF.
4 January 2017
- Rising insulin prices causing stress for Abilene diabetics.
- Soaring cost of life-saving drug becoming burden for diabetics.
- Rising cost of insulin concerns patients and doctors.
28 December 2016
- US Spending on Personal Health Care and Public Health, 1996-2013.
14 December 2016
- Among Low-Income Respondents With Diabetes, High-Deductible Versus No-Deductible Insurance Sharply Reduces Medical Service Use.
- Some people spend as much on insulin as their mortgage — and drugmakers are taking note.
7 December 2016
- On Pharma and Employers in the Insulin Affordability Crisis.
- Novo Nordisk offers "Our Position on Pricing and Affordability".
30 November 2016
- A Sick Calculation About Prescription Drugs.
- Insulin prices skyrocket, putting many diabetics in a bind.
- National Meeting Addresses Insulin Affordability and Access (!).
- Are PBMs Driving Up The Price of Insulin?
23 November 2016
- American Diabetes Association calls on Congress to hold hearings on insulin prices. See also American Diabetes Association Board of Directors' Resolution: Insulin Affordability.
16 November 2016
- Protest against Prince William Co. Schools handling of students with diabetes.
9 November 2016
- Bernie Sanders calls for federal investigation of insulin makers for price collusion. Be sure to read Senator Sanders' letter. See also How Has the High Price of Insulin and Other Diabetes Medications Impacted You? (on the official Bernie Sanders web site), Diabetes Patients Struggle as Insulin Costs Soar, and Sanders, Cummings Ask Justice Department to Investigate Insulin Prices.
12 October 2016
- Are Utah schools violating diabetic students' rights?
- Diabetes policy needed in P.E.I. schools, association says.
5 October 2016
- Feds probe schools' handling of diabetic kid.
28 September 2016
- Major victory as disability living allowance guidance changed (in the UK).
31 August 2016
- New law allows non-nurses to administer insulin to diabetic students.
3 August 2016
- Changes stem from lawsuit involving YMCA inclusion of Raleigh boy with diabetes.
- Success for family campaigning after insulin pump airport ordeal.
[ Current Legislative and Legal News | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday January 18, 2017 20:46:49
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.