Current Legislative and Legal News
17 May 2017
- White House says diabetics donít deserve health insurance. See also I Will Always Defend My Friends, Trumpís Budget Director Thinks People Choose to Have Diabetes, Donít Deserve Health Care, and Trump Official Says Diabetes a Preexisting Condition Not Worthy of Coverage.
- American Diabetes Association Extremely Disappointed and Saddened by Comments About People with Diabetes from White House Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney.
- American Diabetes Association Responds to Comments by White House Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney about People with Diabetes.
10 May 2017
- Keeping my kids with diabetes alive costs thousands a year. Trumpcare terrifies me.
3 May 2017
- New Virginia law relief for families involved with Type 1 diabetes advocacy.
- What the MacArthur Amendment Means for People with Type 1 Diabetes.
- A Secret Profit Formula Loved by Drug Middlemen Is at Risk.
- Calling PBMs (Pharmacy Benefit Managers) to the Carpet.
26 April 2017
- Senator Bernie Sanders wants to know How Has the High Price of Insulin and Other Diabetes Medications Impacted You.
- Desperate Families Driven to Black Market Insulin.
- Mom charged with disruption says she just wanted insulin for son.
- Nevada Could Deal a Serious Blow to Insulin Manufacturers.
19 April 2017
- Lilly Takes a Stab at Pricing Transparency, But Is It Enough of the Right Data?
- America Needs an Rx for Its Prescription Drug Prices is an editorial by Larry Smith and Larry Ellingson of the National Diabetes Volunteer Leadership Council. Both have served as the Chairman of the Board of the American Diabetes Association.
12 April 2017
- The High Price of Insulin Is Literally Killing People.
- NHS risking people's health by rationing test strips, Diabetes UK says.
29 March 2017
- Mitigating out-of-pocket costs for prescription drugs.
- Wyden Introduces Bill to Increase Transparency of PBMs.
15 March 2017
- The T1D Exchange and Diabetes Patient Advocacy Coalition (DPAC) urge families to Act Now to Protect Affordable Healthcare for People with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Price of insulin has many with diabetes concerned about survival.
8 March 2017
- Opening Up the Black Box on PBMs (Pharmacy Benefit Managers).
1 March 2017
- The bare essentials: ensuring affordable access to insulin.
22 February 2017
- Lawsuit accuses drug makers of conspiring to hike insulin prices.
15 February 2017
- Judge Upends Effort To Limit Charity Funding For Kidney Patientsí Insurance.
- Three families pull diabetic children out of PWC Schools.
8 February 2017
- Dear Congress: Don't take my 4-year-old son's life-saving health care away.
1 February 2017
- Patients vs. Pharma: Hagens Berman files complaint against 'Big Three' insulin producers. You can read the 169-page suit. See also Is Pharma Breaking the Law?
25 January 2017
- Support for Saskatchewan children with diabetes varies from school to school.
18 January 2017
- JDRF Encouraged by Medicare Decision to Take First Step Toward Coverage of Continuous Glucose Monitors for People with Type 1 Diabetes. The full CMS ruling is available as a PDF.
4 January 2017
- Rising insulin prices causing stress for Abilene diabetics.
- Soaring cost of life-saving drug becoming burden for diabetics.
- Rising cost of insulin concerns patients and doctors.
[ Current Legislative and Legal News | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday May 24, 2017 15:01:17
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.