Diabetes News in the Popular Press
22 July 2015
- 'Smart' insulin hope for diabetes.
- Maine track star Kate Hall tells Senate committee of challenges posed by diabetes.
- Camp provides fun, education for diabetic children.
15 July 2015
- Diabetes can't sink Yale's Gibbons.
- Maine long-jump star Kate Hall to testify about diabetes at congressional hearing.
- Local women create clothing line for people with diabetes.
- Diabetes can't stop singing star Phoebe getting to final of national singing competition.
- Toddler begins life journey through diabetes.
1 July 2015
- Nick Jonas Lashes Out at CrossFit for Tweets About Diabetes.
- Devicemakers play catch-up with real-time glucose monitoring.
- Woodbury diabetic man will bike 685 miles to Indianapolis.
24 June 2015
- Unique Transplant Gives Diabetes Patients New Lease on Life.
- I had to pin down my six-year-old daughter to inject her before she ate.
- 630 Under 30: Sproutel's 'Jerry the Bear' helps kids manage diabetes.
- NASCAR America: Ryan Reed overcomes odds, balances diabetes and racing (VIDEO).
- U.S. skiing champion tells kids with Type 1 diabetes how he wins with the same disease.
- Overcoming obstacle.
- Naples star sets national long jump record.
- Diabetic to compete in Cohasset triathlon that benefits diabetes research efforts.
- ISJ Girls Golfer of the Year: Highland's Payton Fehringer.
- Diabetic twin sisters are hopeful that Type 1 will become type none.
- Olympic swimmer Barbara Jardin, a Type 1 diabetic, on a crowdfunded comeback.
17 June 2015
- Diabetes patient, 8, designs colors for Ryan Blaney's Brickyard car.
- Nick Jonas reveals how his struggle with diabetes changes how he writes music.
- Lilly: Going to Camp with a NASCAR Driver and an Olympian.
- New Tool Gives Young Diabetes Patients Freedom.
- Summer Camp Helps Kids Live With Type 1 Diabetes.
- At Carolina Trails near Winston-Salem, diabetics find friends who understand.
- For active kids with type 1 diabetes, tubeless pump is 'game changer'.
- Student branded bulimic after gorging on 5,000 calories a day and weighing just 6st discovers she's actually diabetic.
- The app revolution for diabetics.
- An old-line diabetes drug may have new uses against diseases of aging.
- Weary of the needle jab, diabetics yearn for new form of insulin.
- Why Telus decided to get behind the fight to cure Type 1 diabetes by hosting nationwide walks.
10 June 2015
- Computer Experts Deliver Insulin to Diabetic Kids.
- Steps to help teenagers cope with diabetes.
- Ms. Fisher goes to Washington.
- Dear Fellow Moms: Stop Whining and Get in the Damn Pool.
- PBL valedictorian maintains her grades, active lifestyle despite Type 1 diabetes.
- Lilly commits 780,000 vials of insulin to Life for a Child.
3 June 2015
- Camps for Kids with Diabetes: Should Managed Care Organizations Pay?
- Glucose-Sensing Contacts and More Brilliant Diabetes Tech.
- Diabetes Has a New Enemy: Robo-Pancreas.
- Diabetes won't stop IndyCar driver, Farmington teen.
- Liberty Twp. freshman to educate lawmakers on Type 1 Diabetes.
- St. Anne-Pacelli student writes book about Type 1 diabetes for senior project.
- UCF students find support in Type 1 group on campus.
- Leading-edge diabetes treatment program hits milestone.
- Picture perfect: Researchers use photos to understand how diabetes affects kids. See also Cameras let kids show life with diabetes.
- Piedmont Healthcare honors long-time diabetic insulin users.
- Bret Michaels lends his voice to diabetes fight at Indian Ranch.
27 May 2015
- Bob Duff: IndyCar driver Charlie Kimball races past diabetes.
- Indy 500 notes: Kimball, with diabetes, pleased with third.
- IndyCar's Charlie Kimball: 'There's no gas in the gas tank'.
- Four-year-old girl makes history in world-first attempt to prevent type 1 diabete.
- Rockwell native receives medal from diabetes center.
- A study in living well.
- Basketball camp in Rockford helps kids with diabetes manage their condition.
20 May 2015
- Kimball overcomes diabetes, eyes Belle Isle win.
- Teens With Type 1 Diabetes: How to Cope and When to Seek Help.
- In the Spotlight: Julia O'Leary raises awareness about Type 1 diabetes.
- Living with diabetes.
- New remote monitoring device provides lifeline for people with diabetes.
13 May 2015
- 'Top Chef' star visits UM's Diabetes Research Institute.
- One step closer to an insulin vaccine for type 1 diabetes.
- Breaking Silence.
- Mother balances work, life and illnesses.
- Diabetes Scotland name Larkhall teen Nadine McGrory as their Outstanding Young Person.
- Brave six-year-old girl saves pregnant mother's life by calling 911 and saying her mom was 'frozen' after she fell into a diabetic coma the day before Mother's Day.
- New device could change lives of millions with Type 1 Diabetes.
- For local girl with diabetes Tech device is life-changing.
- Athletes with diabetes make bid for win.
- Spirit CEO Larry Lawson rides for a cause, and takes hundreds of workers with him.
6 May 2015
- Type 1 Diabetes Cases Continues to Climb in Children.
- Diabetic Alpena woman, 96, shares life's highs and lows.
- Taking a vacation from diabetes: Teens take 'artificial pancreas' for a test run.
- Diabetes in play: High school athletes don’t let it stop them.
- On deck: Orange Lutheran High sophomore Mitchell, a Type 1 diabetic, is stealing spotlight in Orange County.
- Diabetes doesn't slow Maine track star Kate Hall from becoming record setter.
- Bishop Gorman kicker plans to continue diabetes fight in college.
- Diabetes Simulation Pumps Up STEM Interest.
- Living with diabetes never lets up for teen.
- New diabetes standard for commercial drivers in the works.
29 April 2015
- National study to test unborn babies for type 1 diabetes, attracts major funding.
- How the data revolution could transform the way people live with diabetes.
- Arlington softball player inspired by battle with diabetes.
- Ayala High's Jonathan Buckley pitches a winner against diabetes.
- Brandon Morrow: ML pitcher, T1 diabetic. See also How Padres pitcher Brandon Morrow helped form one of California's brightest baseball prospects.
- Michelle Kaufman: U.S. soccer fans should be excited about Jordan Morris.
- Warning over youth diabetes deaths.
22 April 2015
- 'Device-less' cell transplant allows safer, more effective treatment of Type 1 diabetes.
- Could High-Dose Insulin Prevent Type 1 Diabetes in High-Risk Kids? See also Vaccine For Type 1 Diabetes One Step Closer To Reality.
- Razorfish's Jeff Dachis Launches One Drop, An App For Diabetics To Log And Share Info With Each Other.
- Ryan Reed helping raise awareness for the Diabetes Alert sticker.
- UNCG student athlete won't let type 1 diabetes slow him down.
- Diabetic, Sudbury's Greg Weintraub embracing his 26.2-mile run to Boston.
- Life still sweet for those with Type 1 diabetes.
- Stop Telling Me How to Control My Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetes alert dog a 'life-saver' for St. Mary first-grader.
- Engineers Made a Simple Device to Numb Skin So Injections Hurt Less.
15 April 2015
- Building a Bionic Pancreas.
- Elite cyclist inspires JDRF of La Crosse.
- NASCAR driver honors top Keller ISD fund raisers.
- Camp Nejeda boot camp helps adults with diabetes.
- How to fashionably wear an insulin pump: New dress designs made for diabetes sufferers.
- Peggy's award for her work with diabetics.
- Diabetes monitors may endanger avalanche victims, study finds.
8 April 2015
- Dealing with diabetes at age 2.
- Eiger North Face speed record attempt: Jerr's Insulin Challenge 2015.
- Endo Apps: The DIY Artificial Pancreas.
- Diabetes survivor hits record 80 years.
- Horsham pensioner's medal for managing diabetes for 70 years.
- Diabetics worldwide to benefit from artificial pancreas.
- Medical device maker Medtronic buys Dutch diabetes clinic.
- Kleiner Perkins Leads $20M Round in Livongo for Cloud-Enabled Glucose Meter.
2 April 2015
- Gophers' Sara Groenewegen doesn't let Type 1 diabetes throw her a curve .
- Midlands mom takes advocacy for diabetes funding to Washington.
- Type 1 diabetes device is 'step towards artificial pancreas'.
[ Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press | News from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday July 22, 2015 19:22:18
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.