Diabetes News in the Popular Press
22 May 2013
- Peoria student represents Arizona at D.C. session on diabetes research.
- How to Manage Type 1 Diabetes As You Age.
- Diabetes service dog saves the day and night for Fort Worth teen.
- NFL Patriots release Kyle Love after diabetes diagnosis.
8 May 2013
- Brenda Novak kicks off her Online Auction for Diabetes Research.
- Diabetes won’t slow Indy 500 driver.
- Miss America offers tips for fighting diabetes.
1 May 2013
- Chris Jarvis defied the odds in becoming an rower.
- Commentary: Diabetes couldn't block CdM grad from Olympic gold.
- ‘Diabulimia’ is a life-threatening disorder for some teens.
- Juvenile diabetes diagnosis life-changing for Middletown family.
24 April 2013
- Right to insulin is human right: Sir Hirst.
- Former Stroud AC husband and wife team at the London Marathon.
- Living with Type 1 diabetes, local mom finds support through Diabetes Sisters.
- Scholastic Superstar: Meet Maria Capitano.
- Family's heartbreak after diabetic 29-year-old who planned to run the London Marathon dies from 'dead in bed' syndrome.
17 April 2013
- Local biotech entrepreneur showcasing developing diabetes therapy at D.C. conference is about Sensulin LLC, which is developing a "smart" insulin that releases in response to glucose concentrations.
- Service dog helps Monarch Academy teacher monitor her diabetes.
- Conacher overcomes diabetes to reach NHL.
- Family health: Normal, active life can be lead with type 1 diabetes.
10 April 2013
- Living with Type 1: A Family Story.
- Franchitti, Kimball and other Indy drivers join in the "Race with Insulin" cause .
- Diabetic Alert Dog Helps West Seneca Girl.
- Donations help Easton family afford medical assistance dog for 2-year-old diabetic son.
- Special Puppy Monitors Toddler's Blood Sugar.
- Dog Alerts Diabetic Boy When Blood Sugar Needs Testing.
- Standard of diabetes care leaves a lot to be desired in Ireland.
3 April 2013
- The Diabetic's Paradox.
- BioHub offers new hope to diabetes sufferers.
- Jay’s message could be diabetes life-saver.
27 March 2013
- Visionaries: One Harvard Scientist’s Quest To Find A Cure For His Kids.
- Student connecting diabetic teens.
- Woman with diabetes reaches out to kids.
- A Rookie Unheralded, Undrafted and Unfazed.
- Port Moody mom with diabetic daughter fearful over nursing support as her child starts kindergarten.
- Peasedown St John family back call over diabetes care for children.
- Young Diabetics Are Slimming Themselves to Death.
- Kimball in a race to conquer diabetes.
20 March 2013
- New type of adult diabetes is on the rise.
- Raleigh girl outruns diabetes.
- Sansum Diabetes Research Institute Appoints Rem Laan as Executive Director.
- Mom Sentenced To 16 Years For Neglecting Diabetic Child.
13 March 2013
- Could Pig Worms Lead to the Cure for Type 1?
- More children are being diagnosed with diabetes at Northampton General Hospital.
- Hingham woman leads diabetes fight.
- Diabulimia: The Dangerous Way Diabetics Drop Pounds.
- Registration open, scholarships available at Kansas diabetes camps.
6 March 2013
- Northwestern's Gisler doesn't let diabetes keep him off the court.
- My Life Partner Has Diabetes.
- The Conversation: Can stem cell treatment cure type 1 diabetes?
- Kosair Children's Hospital to open diabetes center with $5 million gift.
- Mini-Organ Would Mimic Pancreas to Treat Type 1 Diabetes.
27 February 2013
- Volunteer from Capital High wins national award.
- Ski event raises money for diabetes.
- How much do you know about diabetes? Let a 9-year-old Manlius boy fill you in.
- Children with Type 1 Diabetes.
20 February 2013
- Families living with type 1 diabetes.
- Utah mom helps kids understand type 1 diabetes.
- Connected in Motion: Creating Community for People with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Brianna out to get jump on diabetes.
13 February 2013
- Test strip supply linked to better diabetes care.
- Type 1 Diabetic Ryan Reed to run at least five Nationwide Series races.
6 February 2013
- Diabetes researcher’s goal: Make insulin-producing cells in lab.
- Parents upset over 'diabetes discrimination'.
- Attorney shares her struggle with diabetes in new book.
- Kids learn to deal with diabetes at summer camp.
30 January 2013
- Sebastien Sasseville Conquers Mountain and Desert.
- Girl, 9, Saves Mom From Diabetic Attack While Driving.
- Education crucial for type 1 diabetes patients.
- Pig cell trial improves diabetic man's sight.
- Diabetes doesn’t get him down.
23 January 2013
- In the Thick of Diabetes Advocacy with Alan Thicke.
- Education crucial for type 1 diabetes patients.
- Rise of the diabulemics: The diabetic women jeopardising their health by skipping insulin jabs to prevent weight gain.
- New hope for a Type 1 diabetes cure.
- Special Report: Diabetes Discrimination.
- Court battle over $20,000 dog will stay in Beaumont.
16 January 2013
- Sotomayor tells life story shaped by disease, overcoming adversity. See also her 60 Minutes Interview from January 13, 2013 and her interview on NPR from January 14, 2013.
- Basketball Camp for Kids with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetes not stopping Lamar's Webb.
- Double Diabetes = Double Trouble!
- Calls for diabulimia to be recognised, say medics.
- Callison: Family strives for balance after diabetes diagnosis.
- UCSD breaks ground on medical research facility and diabetes center in La Jolla.
9 January 2013
- Walter and Eliza Hall Institute researchers solve insulin mystery.
- Living with type 1 diabetes.
- Quick-thinking daughter, 6, saves diabetic father's life by feeding him jelly babies after realising he was about to fall into coma.
- Our World: Service dog sniffs out girl's diabetes.
- Diabetes service dog saves man's life.
- Outside the Game: Jay Cutler inspires others with Type 1 Diabetes.
2 January 2013
- Longest surviving type 1 diabetes sufferer tells her story.
- UK has world's fifth-highest rate of children with type 1 diabetes. See also UK fifth highest in world for child type 1 diabetes.
26 December 2012
- Boy's Christmas wish for diabetes cure.
- David Law Firm of Conway estblishes new scholarship for students with diabetes.
- dLifeTV Leaves the Television Set.
19 December 2012
- RYAN REED: Race against Type 1 diabetes must not end with a red flag.
- Type 1 Diabetic Running Across the Country.
- Doctors note increase in type 1 diabetes in children.
12 December 2012
- Longest surviving type 1 diabetes sufferer tells her story.
- Scientists aim to treat autoimmune diseases with worm-based therapy.
- Artificial Pancreas Studies Bring New Found Freedom to People with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Lady Mocs' Kayla Christopher dealing with diabetes.
- Service Dogs Pick Up Scent of Diabetes Danger.
- 12-year-old diabetic who cycled around nation to star in Roche TV commercial.
- Diabetes doesn’t slow girl’s activities.
- Diabetic youngsters find camaraderie at events.
- Lockport teacher's book raising diabetes awareness.
- The trouble with teens and diabetes ....
- If We Had Been Giving Our Daughter Vitamin D, Would She Still Have Developed Diabetes?
5 December 2012
- Learning to cope and finding hope.
- CdM's Reinhardt shows he can't be stopped.
- Langford girl takes Type 1 to the masses.
- Living with juvenile diabetes a constant learning curve.
- Diabetes dogs: K9 insulin monitors.
- Compassionate canine.
- Donors help girl, 6, get diabetes alert dog.
- Cord blood may be the key to beating type 1 diabetes.
- Couple in diabetes prayer death going before state Supreme Court.
28 November 2012
- Child and Teen Deaths from Diabetes Plummet Over 41-Year Period.
- Mysterious spike in Type 1 Diabetes.
- The difference between Type 1 and 2.
- Baby has rarest form of diabetes.
- 'Nutcracker' Star Overcomes Type 1 Diabetes For Role.
- Toddler's collapse led to shock diagnosis for mum.
- Parenting Kids With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A new normal: Young adults don't have to be derailed by Type 1 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes not just a kids disease.
- Train N.J.'s police to spot diabetes: Opinion.
- Woman gets diabetic alert dog with help from community.
21 November 2012
- World renowned diabetes researcher at CU Denver dies; colleagues mourn.
- Golfer Michelle McGann is on a mission: ‘I want to help every Type 1 diabetic that I can’.
- Diabetes: a lost childhood.
- Diabetic alert dog to help Enid girl and family manage disease.
- Brennan’s Hero - Service dog helps Peculiar boy cope with disease.
14 November 2012
- Living well together: Couple has managed woman’s diabetes for 67 years.
- Diabetes researchers look at cellular-level transplants as bridge to a cure.
- Parents 'unaware of type 1 diabetes symptoms'.
- Technology improving diabetes patients’ quality of life.
- For teen, fight to cure diabetes is personal.
7 November 2012
- Charlie Kimball - Diabetic Racer - Racing.
- Cutler has learned how to deal with diabetes.
- Report on fewer children dying from diabetes offers good, but not celebratory, news.
- One family's story of living with diabetes after son's diagnosis.
- Fife family's joy as insulin pump 'liberates' young diabetic Tommy Black.
- Diabetes sufferers misuse insulin to lose weight, says charity.
31 October 2012
- We Take S.H.O.T.s.
- Hammond school nurse focuses on diabetes education.
- One run. One man. One goal.
- Recognition for decades spent living with diabetes.
- When grandma was in trouble, 6-year-old knew what to do. See also Independence boy's quick thinking saves grandma's life.
- ViaCyte gets funding for potential diabetes cure.
24 October 2012
- Provincial insulin pump program to be launched spring 2013: Alberta government.
- Two Long Island specialists seek to heighten diabetes awareness in local schools.
- With Cat and Dog Diabetes Rates on the Rise, UPenn Offers Canine Diabetes Trial.
- Two diabetic sufferers reveal the truth behind their battle with the illness.
- Dublin H.S. Student Wants To Teach Others About Type 1 Diabetes At Columbus Marathon.
- N.J. officials call for investigation into police treatment of diabetic shock victims.
- Girl, 4, falls into life-threatening diabetic coma after misdiagnosed with minor infection at NHS walk-in centre.
- Roche continues to restructure diabetes unit.
18 October 2012
- Diabetic alert dogs save lives.
- Service dog provider puts Groves family on alert.
- Family: Service dog for diabetic child fails at job.
- Yale Football: Roy Collins meeting the challenge of an athlete managing diabetes.
10 October 2012
- Medical Alert Service Dog, Teague, new student at St. Ann Catholic School.
- The dog 'nose:' Diabetic alert dogs proving better than tech tools.
- For diabetic children, a camping experience.
- Toddler Learning to Manage Type One Diabetes.
- Colorado's Will Pericak hopes to inspire others with Type 1 diabetes.
- Parents’ shock over life-changing illness.
- Diabetes can be life altering, not life ending if managed properly.
- How to talk to your children about diabetes.
- Eli Lilly And The State Of The Insulin Battle.
- Blood money: Black, gray markets for diabetes test strips a big business.
3 October 2012
- Connor, 6, hailed for quick actions to save diabetic father.
- UCLA vs. Colorado: Will Pericak excels -- Type 1 Diabetes and all.
- Highs and lows: Local author shares stories of Type 1 diabetes.
- Mum campaigning for diabetic children to get life-changing equipment on NHS.
- It’s not easy, but he takes it all in stride.
- To prevent complications of type 1 diabetes, company looks to C-peptide.
26 September 2012
- Reminding Myself That My Life Is More Than Diabetes.
- Rockets' Forbes believes diabetes helped further career.
- The Force is with Evan and Chewy.
- Managing Diabetes With Your iPhone: Glooko Now Supports 17 Different Glucose Meters.
- Arizona mom demanding answers after diabetic son dies at hands of spiritual healer.
19 September 2012
- High school volleyball: Buffalo’s Persinger finds success, despite maladies.
- Ore City boy with Type I Diabetes gets dog trained to sense blood sugar levels.
- Liverpool girl will get her diabetic alert dog this month.
- Vacaville youth is youngest Bay Area spokesman for juvenile diabetes.
- Living with diabetes: Brown family adjusts to life with Gracie’s condition.
- Suspicious death of Joe Fitzpatrick at home of 'healer' under investigation.
12 September 2012
- Diabetes not slowing down IWU Sophomore Klein.
- Camarillo's Kimball ready for IndyCar season finale.
- The pump has given me greater freedom.
- Diabetes charity slams PCT.
5 September 2012
- 18-year-old diabetic finishes Ironman.
- Local teen with diabetes establishes fund to help children receiving medical care.
- Dogs warns boy when diabetic dangers arise.
- Little League Champ Won't Let Diabetes Hold Him Back.
- Friend learns about diabetes.
30 August 2012
- Study Attempts to Reverse Autoimmunity in Type 1 Diabetes.
- A $21,000 alert dog could change lives of 3-year-old's family in Carnegie.
- IndyCar racer laps diabetes.
- Long Distance Runner Battles Diabetes On Cross Country Trek.
- Diabetic pumped up about change.
- Diabetes on Campus: One College Student’s Experience.
- Diabetes doesn't keep Kimball from IndyCar racing.
- Confusion Over Diabetes Types Adds to Patients' Woes.
- Local off-road group hosts fundraiser Saturday for diabetic boy, alert dog.
22 August 2012
- Diabetic's mum upset at treatment.
- Public Radio’s Kurt Andersen Tackles Misunderstandings About Diabetes.
- Diabetic alert dog an 'extra, safe tool' for 6-year-old.
- Family Pets Turned Into Diabetic Alert Dogs.
- ARCA: Ryan Reed Not Letting Type 1 Diabetes Sideline His Dreams.
- Teenage Diabetic Works To Find Cure For Disease.
- Children attend diabetes camp.
- Young diabetic to represent country.
- Daily life with type 1 diabetes.
- Canadian kids with diabetes compete in international soccer tournament.
8 August 2012
- Children with Diabetes Provides Support.
- New hope to stop Type 1 Diabetes before it occurs.
- Support network forms for kids with Type 1 diabetes.
- Football players help 7-year-old tackle diabetes.
- Scientist creates insulin patch.
1 August 2012
- Chef Sam Talbot leads a sweet life.
- Bluffton boy grew up overnight when diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.
- What it takes to make school a safe place for students with diabetes.
- National type I diabetes prevention trial now an option for younger children. See also Beating Diabetes Before It Happens.
- Experimental Peptide Preserves Beta-Cells in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Shared Appointments Showing Success For Diabetes Patients.
[ Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press | News from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday May 22, 2013 14:36:11
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2013. Comments and Feedback.