Diabetes News in the Popular Press
19 July 2017
- Notes: Kimball's Toronto livery spreads diabetes message .
- 'American Idol' finalist Crystal Bowersox shares positive message, songs at Camp Tanager.
- Melbourne brothers, thought to be Australia’s longest surviving twins with type 1 diabetes, honoured.
- This 32-year-old Ironman competitor doesn’t let diabetes get in the way of love, fitness or work.
- Wiedmer: Ryan Seaberg an American idol for anyone with type 1 diabetes.
- Fayetteville teen to represent NYS advocating for type 1 diabetes research in D.C.
- Health Insurers Try Paying More Upfront To Pay Less Later.
- Summer camp for Chinese teens suffering from diabetes held in Shanghai.
- Ascensia inks deal with Dexcom to integrate ContourNext One BGMS into G5 Medicare offering.
- Wharton student with celiac disease helps kids with diabetes.
12 July 2017
- Building community: Kejimkujik National Park camp provides safe space for teens with Type 1 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes: 'A simple test could have saved my son'.
28 June 2017
- Insulin is too expensive for many of my patients. It doesn’t have to be.
- This Is What Happens When People With Diabetes Lose Medicaid.
- Bike Beyond stops in central Ohio, pedaling for type 1 diabetes awareness.
- Pleasant Prairie girl heads to Washington to be 'diabetic superhero'.
- Children with diabetes enjoy summer camp.
- This man has run forty half marathons to mark forty years of having diabetes.
- Tiny Device Helps Diabetics Monitor Blood Sugar Continuously & Discretely.
- Children with diabetes pose a special emotional challenge for parents and caregivers.
21 June 2017
- Camp Ho Mita Koda for children with diabetes to re-open for two weeks in July.
- Diabetes camp educates, entertains.
- Newport man aims to be first Type 1 diabetic to row Atlantic.
- Ethan Explains Type 1 Diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetics talk about reality of decades of daily life with the condition.
14 June 2017
- Beyond Type 1, A Global Diabetes Non-Profit, To Take Over Diabetes Hands Foundation's Core Programs.
- A double struggle for a family dealing with type-1 diabetes.
- Fremont student disciplined after poking others at school with diabetic lancet.
- Woman Charged For Failing To Manage Daughter’s Diabetes.
7 June 2017
- Growing up with diabetes.
- How Nicole Petit lives with diabetes. Part one: The diagnosis.
- How Diabetes Is Transforming People Into Real-Life Cyborgs.
- Award presented to Carroll athlete dealing with diabetes.
- Versailles teen continues mission to strike out diabetes.
- Usher Reveals Why He Missed the Manchester Benefit Concert: 'I Would Have Loved to Be There'. See also Usher Takes Son to Diabetes Camp, Misses Manchester Benefit Concert.
- 8-year-old saves diabetic mother in South Bend.
- Move over mice, canines may be next in line to study diabetes.
31 May 2017
- Boxer Sugar Ray Leonard Hosts Pediatric Diabetes Fundraiser.
- How an elite athlete and type 1 diabetic observes Ramadan.
24 May 2017
- Rising insulin prices have diabetics crying foul.
- Nevada bill could force Sanofi, Novo and Lilly to reveal their insulin pricing secrets.
- Diabetics: Roche says it can save you big money.
- Diabetic Alabamian built her own artificial pancreas, gives away plan for free.
- Eric Paslay Treats Pediatric Diabetes Patients to a Private Concert — and Compares Glucose Monitors!
- Diabetes just another challenge for IndyCar driver Conor Daly.
- Newton mom continues diabetes education eight years after son’s death.
17 May 2017
- Insulin price hikes tell us a lot about what's wrong with drug pricing in America.
- Patients Beg For Pricey Drugs On Facebook Black Market.
- Denying Health Care to Diabetics Makes Just About Zero Sense.
- Mum's fury after diabetic son refused food at McDonald's despite sugar levels plunging.
- Former CBS3 Reporter Details Living With Type 1 Diabetes In New Book.
- How I Run 100-Mile Races with Type 1 Diabetes.
- What It Takes To Dance With Diabetes.
- Kilmarnock dentist raises thousands for type 1 diabetes with incredible ultramarathon effort.
- Transplant of Insulin-Producing Cells Offers Hope Against Type 1 Diabetes.
- Woman with type 1 diabetes still off insulin one year after cell transplant.
- Why This Miss USA Contestant Is Proudly Wearing Her Type 1 Diabetes Glucose Monitor During the Competition.
- Research facility will advance treatment of Type 1 diabetes.
- Eli Lilly raised prices on 9 drugs last week.
10 May 2017
- Diabetes can't stop you from climbing Everest.
- Diabetes doesn't slow Kimball down.
- Roy athletes not dragged down by Type 1 diabetes.
- North Scott soccer player battles diabetes with continuous optimism.
- Kids with diabetes show a 'Kandu' spirit.
- Doctors turn to the power of peer groups to help diabetics.
3 May 2017
- 'It's not a barrier in life' - Theresa May opens up on Type 1 diabetes.
- Adolescents with good type 1 diabetes control have better long-term health outcomes.
- George Canyon honoured for tireless work, advocating for those with Type 1 diabetes.
- Cyclist turns a death sentence into a race against diabetes.
- Nick Jonas Opens Up About His Type 1 Diabetes With Some Inspiring Words.
- University of Virginia Researchers Develop Artificial Pancreas to Control Type 1 Diabetes.
- Unique program normalizes diabetes for kids with type 1.
- Nonprofit raises funds for children with Type 1 diabetes.
- Milton father runs North Pole half-marathon for diabetic son.
- With a motor and a mentor, elite basketball recruit Cate Reese moves forward with diabetes.
- Heroic boy, 6, saves diabetic mum's life as she collapses at kitchen table after breakfast.
- Try Walking In A Type I Diabetic's Shoes.
- 2 Investigators: The Black Market For Diabetes Test Strips.
26 April 2017
- Researchers discover technique that could lead to diabetes cure.
- IBM's Technology Predicts Diabetic Retinopathy with High Accuracy. See also IBM Machine Vision Technology Advances Early Detection of Diabetic Eye Disease Using Deep Learning.
- Brother, sister thrive despite Type 1 Diabetes.
- Young boy coming through Nashville on march across the U.S. for Type 1 Diabetes awareness.
- Oak Hills softball standout Sid McElroy is an inspiration to her teammates.
- Families who live with diabetes lament medication high costs.
- Point Walter camp provides help for children with diabetes.
- When Is It Safe to Drive With Type 1 Diabetes?
19 April 2017
- Science May Have Found a Way to Reserve Type 1 Diabetes.
- Apple has a secret team working on the holy grail for treating diabetes.
- Diabetic teen thanks strangers for saving his life.
- Ten-year-old, family, explain life with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Fayetteville cyclist battles to become pro despite diabetes diagnosis.
- Salem toddler diagnosed with type 1 diabetes uses art to communicate.
- Young lacrosse star balances Type 1 diabetes with his sport.
- How Type 1 diabetes affects my abilities as a student.
- Patients Receive Lilly Diabetes Journey Award.
- 19-year old Georgia college student dies of diabetes complication.
12 April 2017
- Camp Ho Mita Koda, oldest in nation, closed as Diabetes Partnership of Cleveland dissolves.
- Minecraft morphed into game to help kids and parents deal with onset of diabetes.
- Mountain Ridge pitcher Tommy Lowe battles elbow, diabetes on way back to the mound.
- Isle of Wight diabetes patient honoured with prestigious medal.
- McAllen Teen Opens Up About Living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Horse racing license granted to teenager with type 1 diabetes.
- With same training, insulin pumps no better than injections.
- Tom Gaglardi announces $3 million gift to JDRF Canada.
29 March 2017
- Woman goes into diabetic shock, turns to Facebook friends for help.
- Athlete with Type 1 diabetes tells of marathon motivation.
- Boy walks 4,000 miles to help cure diabetes.
- Teddy Bear Hospital helps kids with type 1 diabetes.
- A hockey camp for kids suffering from diabetes.
- ‘Insulin Superheroes’ program reduces HbA1c in children.
22 March 2017
- Colorado Springs family adapts to reality of Type 1 diabetes as, one after one, children are diagnosed.
- 11-year-old with diabetes excited to participate in Tour de Cure for third year.
- Kidnap Victim Brittany Diggs: Insulin Pump Aided Trunk Escape.
- Worried about losing insurance, people stockpile medications.
15 March 2017
- 3 Generations Of Type 1 Diabetes, One Shared Struggle.
- Would-Be Doctor as Patient: Dealing with a Diabetes Diagnosis.
- Amherst athlete Elizabeth Carter fights diabetes, celiac disease.
- Diabetes Can't Stop A Warrior: 11-Year-Old Keeps Playing Basketball After Diagnoses.
- Royals pitcher Scott Alexander manages diabetes and basebal.
- East Texan shares what it's like living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetes Australia presents Kellion Victory Medal to Tallangatta resident Philip Waldron.
- Type 1 Diabetes: Liam’s Story.
- Webster City woman recognized for 50 years of surviving diabetes.
8 March 2017
- Lilly Diabetes Becomes 'Official Diabetes Health Partner of NASCAR.
- Madrid's Nacho on diabetes: 'I was told my footballing days were over'.
- With diabetes under control, pitcher Dylan Covey tries to stick with White Sox.
- Stars owner Tom Gaglardi’s fight to cure diabetes is motivated by one thing, his son .
- Diabetes no match for Vikings' Muxlow.
- How a small device could change the lives of Type 1 Diabetics.
1 March 2017
- New Device Helping Diabetics Track Blood Sugar Without Fingersticks.
- Ryan Reed survives multiple wrecks to win Xfinity Series at Daytona.
- Parents Think Teen's Growth Spurt Is Him 'Leaning Out' Until Mom Hears Him Call for Help to the Couch.
- 'I don't live by its rules' - Kendall Simmons' Wellness blog, living with diabetes.
- Lancers' Rylie Rucker refuses to be sidelined by diabetes.
- Dealing with diabetes distress.
- Fans help Edmonton man in diabetic emergency at Garth Brooks concert.
- Mum calls on Government to license new diabetes monitors to stop kids from pricking skin with needles.
22 February 2017
- Despite Challenges, RaeLynn, Eric Paslay and Other Stars Don't Let Type 1 Diabetes Limit Their Dreams.
- The Other Diabetes.
- The smile that never fades.
- Type 1 diabetic Rebecca Johnson’s solo Rottnest Swim part of ‘life without limit’.
- Central Montcalm’s Libby Ledford doesn’t let type 1 diabetes control her life.
- Son’s Diagnosis Fuels Multifaceted Approach to Treating Diabetes.
15 February 2017
- Hackers are sparking a do-it-yourself revolution in diabetes care.
- Diabetes and air travel: Ensuring security, promoting dignity.
- Real Madrid's Nacho Fernandez feared diabetes would end football dreams.
- Central Montcalm’s Libby Ledford doesn’t let type 1 diabetes control her life.
- Lakeville South Volleyball Player Shares Experience of Living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- 'Diabetes doesn't spell career death,' Limerick cyclist tells kids.
- Gustavus swimmer Peters doesn't let diabetes define him.
- EMA instructs warning about SGLT2 inhibitors to appeal on labels.
8 February 2017
- Bionic Pancreas Passes Critical Science Hurdle; $12M from NIH moves ENG prof’s device forward.
- UVa testing artificial pancreas in adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes not a problem for Kalamazoo United freshman Brandon Murray.
- Diabetes has become one of America’s most expensive diseases.
1 February 2017
- Final 2017 F150 Raptor Raises $207k for Juvenile Diabetes Research.
- All-diabetic cycling team taking part in Dubai Tour carry message of hope.
- Baylor freshman forward Lauren Cox’s battles go beyond the court.
25 January 2017
- After Escape From Syria, Another Dangerous Foe: Diabetes.
- Study ties inflammation, gut bacteria to type 1 diabetes.
- Making delivery as sweet as possible for people with diabetes.
- These Penn Medicine researchers were just given $12 million to study diabetes.
- Children's Mercy Hospital Launches Innovative Diabetes Program.
- J&J Q4 sales up 1.7 pct, plans to divest diabetes care division.
18 January 2017
- Campaigners urge research into type 1 diabetes to be top of agenda in Scotland.
11 January 2017
- Artificial pancreas gives hope of easier management to Type 1 diabetics.
- The search for what triggers type 1 diabetes.
- Common virus may have role in type 1 diabetes.
- Families feeling financial strain of diabetes.
- Former Steeler Kendall Simmons' NFL career helped him manage life with diabetes.
- Type One diabetes campaigners at parliament.
- Schoolgirl undertakes epic cycle challenge to raise type 1 diabetes awareness.
- Toddler, 20 months, becomes youngest child in the world to receive blood from her own umbilical cord to stop diabetes - after it was stored to treat her sister for the same disease.
4 January 2017
- Diabetes in the Digital Age.
[ Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday July 19, 2017 18:45:30
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.