Diabetes News in the Popular Press
25 November 2015
- The Doctor on a Quest to Save Our Medical Devices From Hackers.
- Glendale PD: Diabetes won't stop us from hiring qualified officers.
- Local father uses month of November to spread awareness about diabetes.
- How being diagnosed with diabetes changed my life.
- Sea Eagles star Brett Stewart is a Snake charmer for diabetic kids.
- Harvard's Doug Melton awarded for work on stem cells treatment for diabetes.
- At Walgreens and CVS, a Push to Collect Customer Health Data by Dangling Discounts.
17 November 2015
- Facebook billionaire Sean Parker wants to eliminate diabetes. See also Why a tech billionaire thinks a $10M gift to UCSF can disrupt, fix diabetes.
- Using Apple HealthKit to care for patients with Type 1 diabetes.
- How Three Brothers are Changing What We Know About Type 1 Diabetes.
- Olympic Trials Qualifier Doesn't Let Diabetes Slow Her Down.
- ND students dominating diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes: An Unrelenting Disease.
- Heed early warning signs about type 1 diabetes.
- Arizona's impact rookie Domi playing with diabetes.
- Teen overcomes diabetes to keep playing hockey.
- Johnson City family shares son's story to raise awareness about Type 1 Diabetes.
- 14 realities of having type 1 diabetes in your 20s.
11 November 2015
- New bionic device takes burden off patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Artificial pancreas developed by U.Va. offers hope, relief to Type 1 diabetes patients.
- 49 Years and Counting: A Type 1 Diabetes Story.
- YouTube makeup artist opens up about her diagnosis with type-1 diabetes. See also Draw My Life: My Diagnosis.
- Diabetes doesn't sink Davenport West swimmer Straetker.
- Silvis girl bringing awareness to diabetes.
- Tyler woman to attempt 100 miles to shed light onType 1 diabetes.
- Jeriann's Story: Coping With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Lehigh County mother pushing for diabetes awareness.
- Fundraising run for daughter with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Buying Insulin? No Prescription Necessary.
- How to Crush Your Ride Despite Diabetes.
- MP apologises for diabetes 'avoidable' comments. See also Derek Thomas: Tory MP apologises after claiming diabetes is avoidable 'through good diet and exercise'.
4 November 2015
- When Diabetes Leads to an Eating Disorder.
- $1.5 Million NIH Grant Awarded to UCF, Nemours and University of Michigan. Nursing professor, part of interdisciplinary research team creating crowdsourced social media portal for Type 1 diabetes study.
- Lack of support, services for type 1 diabetes.
- Transplant procedure offers potential cure for type 1 diabetes.
- North Texas girl given wrong medicine at school.
27 October 2015
- Health hackers: the patients taking medical innovation into their own hands.
- Many Schools Failing on Diabetes Care. See also Share Your Story About Diabetes at School.
- A Dangerous Duet.
- Lobo women's basketball player Otto doesn't let diabetes stop her.
- Razorfish founder Jeff Dachis' next project: To transform health data.
21 October 2015
- Max Domi on being an NHL rookie, living with diabetes, growing up a Flyers fan.
- Ironman finisher with diabetes starts new project to inspire athletes.
- Diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, he's running across America.
- Fighting Diabetes, One Lap at a Time: Carly Lenett and Kristy Kowal.
- Mariemont teen helping others with type 1 diabetes.
- Junior golfer won't let adversity keep him down.
- Why I Refuse to Step on the Scale.
- Treatment search for boy allergic to insulin.
- The device that stops diabetics dying in their sleep.
14 October 2015
- Carousel Ball raises $1.3 million for children's diabetes programs.
- The Innovative Mindset Your Company Can't Afford to Lose.
- Wine May Help With Diabetes. See also Wine at dinner safe, possibly beneficial in diabetes.
7 October 2015
- The End Isn't Near.
- 89-year-old diabetes patient thrives on insulin for more than 8 decades.
- New technology helps manage diabetes.
- McCandless teen with diabetes is honored.
- For Lowell field hockey trio, diabetes fuels a special bond.
- Find Out What It's Like to Run Marathons With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Rapid City woman completes Ironman, in spite of diabetes.
- Experimental device could be life-changing for those with Type 1 diabetes.
- Q and A with Miss Wales 2016 finalist and type 1 diabetic Ruby Parfitt.
- Hypo unawareness affects cognitive function in type 1 diabetes, study finds.
- Insulin-producing cells offer hope for people with type 1 diabetes. See also Novel technique reboots insulin production in pancreatic cells.
30 September 2015
- I survived the deadliest day in Everest's history, and I'm still surviving it.
- Meet the Father and Son Behind a Diabetes Device With Life-Changing Potential.
- Roy receives JDRF funding to develop implants to treat type 1 diabetes.
- Oklahoma football: Mark Andrews' toughest foe isn't an opposing defense. It's type 1 diabetes.
- Kingston Shooter owes his life to his mother's intuition after he was diagnosed with diabetes.
- Diabetes no obstacle for UVM captain Alex Jenkins.
- A Whole New Carousel Ball.
- Young girl overcoming diabetes with a smile.
- Diabetes is all in the Blaylock family.
- Type 1 diabetes patient opens up about daily struggles.
23 September 2015
- Sebastien Sasseville: dreaming with type 1 diabetes.
- Bionic pancreas automatically controls diabetics’ blood sugar.
- Stillwater running back doesn't let diabetes slow him down.
18 September 2015
- Diabulimia: When Diabetes Meets an Eating Disorder.
- Diabetes trial targets body's ability to produce insulin.
- 11 aspects of understanding a loved one with type 1 diabetes.
- If I hadn't followed my instincts, I'd be planning my daughter's funeral\.
- Becky Armstrong-Botham To Walk To Poles To Raise Awareness Of Condition.
- A calculated life: for parents, managing juvenile diabetes calls for attention to details.
- Area volleyball stars refuse to let diabetes stop them.
- Father, sons learning to live with type 1 diabetes.
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- 'Above all she has hope': Eight-year-old with type 1 diabetes determined to help fund research to find a cure.
- Dear Parent of a Child Newly Diagnosed With Diabetes.
- New Film Explains Monogenic Diabetes.
9 September 2015
- Monitoring diabetes at 225 mph.
- Why Google Is Going All In On Diabetes.
- Four Britons receive Lawrence Medal for having type 1 for more than 60 years.
- EMS Treatment of the Type 1 Diabetic Insulin Pump User.
2 September 2015
- Google Life Sciences Makes Diabetes Its First Big Target.
- Belton man uses 3-D printer to make insulin pump for little girl's doll.
- Blood sugar monitor tested on diabetes patients.
26 August 2015
- Kerri Sparling Sees Positive Changes for Patient Engagement in Diabetes Care.
- JDRF Is All About The Cure.
- Spanish Pro Challenge cyclist doesn't let diabetes defeat his ambition.
- Bath residents receive Lawrence Medal for managing type 1 diabetes for 60 years.
- People with diabetes are facing rising prices for lifesaving drugs.
- How this dog keeps a senator's granddaughter alive.
19 August 2015
- Google + Dexcom = High-Tech, Low-Cost Diabetes Devices.
- Save a life and be Type 1 Aware.
12 August 2015
- Two dads tackle their own kids' diabetes.
- Bionic Pancreas Will 'Dramatically Change' Type 1 Diabetes Care.
- Mini payments may help teens manage type 1 diabetes.
- Cornwall family nearly loses a daughter this week to diabetic 'attack'.
- Petition launched to include type 1 symptoms in NHS Red Book.
- What It's Really Like To Raise A Child With Diabetes.
- St. Joseph star fighting Type 1 diabetes, celiac disease.
5 August 2015
- Live from Trackside -- Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio.
- In Memory of Marjorie.
- How A Beauty Queen With Diabetes Found Her 'Sugar Linings'.
- Diabetic teen accused of cheating and thrown out of driving test for having blood glucose monitor.
- Dana Davis bringing new life to Children's Diabetes Foundation.
- Dr Bruce King, Diabetes Researcher, tells us about his current research.
- Diabetes camp keeps athletes in top shape.
- White House Hosts Startups at First 'Demo Day' for Entrepreneurs.
29 July 2015
- The 2 Most Dreaded Responses to My Son's Type 1 Diabetes.
- Giving hope to patients with diabetes for 90 years.
- IndyCar Q&A: Diabetes not a deterrent for driver Charlie Kimball.
- IndyCar driver not letting diabetes stop him.
- A's OF Sam Fuld still finds new challenges with diabetes.
- 'We can help make a real difference' Dad of tragic Peter Baldwin urges people to raise cash for Diabetes UK by putting on their running shoes.
22 July 2015
- 'Smart' insulin hope for diabetes.
- Maine track star Kate Hall tells Senate committee of challenges posed by diabetes.
- Camp provides fun, education for diabetic children.
15 July 2015
- Diabetes can't sink Yale's Gibbons.
- Maine long-jump star Kate Hall to testify about diabetes at congressional hearing.
- Local women create clothing line for people with diabetes.
- Diabetes can't stop singing star Phoebe getting to final of national singing competition.
- Toddler begins life journey through diabetes.
1 July 2015
- Nick Jonas Lashes Out at CrossFit for Tweets About Diabetes.
- Devicemakers play catch-up with real-time glucose monitoring.
- Woodbury diabetic man will bike 685 miles to Indianapolis.
[ Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press | News from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday November 25, 2015 20:20:16
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.