Diabetes News in the Popular Press
15 November 2017
- Westford resident receives medal for surviving 50 year with Type 1 diabetes.
- How Jordan Morris tamed Type 1 diabetes – and inspires future generations.
- Research underway to detect diabetes in children before it develops.
- ‘I am not diabetes’ - Rachel Portelli, Type 1 Diabetic .
- How these students at Corona’s Santiago High live with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Families pay thousands for service dogs they say misbehave in public.
8 November 2017
- A Quest: Insulin-Releasing Implant For Type-1 Diabetes.
- Iconic Buildings To Go Blue For World Diabetes Day.
- Jennifer Stone And 6 Other Celebrities Who Have Type 1 Diabetes.
- Hartland woman's 3 children have diabetes. She won't stop raising money until a cure is found.
- On Henry, Hockey and Finding The Cure.
- Your milk may trigger diabetes.
- Liddy Huntsman: Type 1 diabetics face enough obstacles — don’t limit our treatment choices.
1 November 2017
- Kids and diabetes: holiday travel tips for your child with diabetes.
- Brave youngster with type 1 diabetes who is allergic to insulin is first child in UK to be fitted with “DiaPort”.
- Diabetes Apps Increase User Engagement But Should Be Doing Just The Opposite.
- York High quarterback doesn't let diabetes keep him off the field.
- Quarterback keeps an eye on defenders and his blood-sugar level each Friday night.
- 15-year-old Canadian student develops EpiPen-like gadget for diabetes patients.
- Diabulimia: One of the most common eating disorders you’ve never heard of.
25 October 2017
- Girl, 7, told she CAN go on school trip after ban over hospital appointment.
- Dear Abby: Grandma refuses to take boy’s diabetes seriously.
- Newbridge mum, Kathy Moore tells how her eight year old daughter copes with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetic man hits out over NHS refusal to fund testing system that could change lives.
18 October 2017
- Artificial Pancreas performs well in clinical trial.
- Patients face tough choices when a healthcare provider calls it quits.
- Lenny Kravitz rocked the Carousel Ball to $1.65 million raised for Type 1 diabetes.
- Maharashtra: 24 young adults suffering from Type 1 diabetes scale state's highest peak.
- No More Finger Prick. New Technology May Help with Diabetes Management.
- Will High-Tech Skin Put an End to Needle Sticks for Diabetes?
10 October 2017
- ‘It is crippling’ — NJ diabetics struggling to afford insulin.
- Student Athlete of the Week: Griffin Floyd.
- Lawson researchers develop transition program to help young adults with type 1 diabetes move from paediatric to adult care.
4 October 2017
- Teal Pumpkin Project: Alternative Halloween treats for kids with allergies, diabetes or other needs.
- Model predicts performance of glucose-responsive insulin.
- Boy Living With Type 1 Diabetes Excels on Baseball Diamond.
- Diabetes Ambassador Emily Wilson plans big adventure with Jerry the Bear.
- Why Bigfoot Biomedical’s CEO thinks the diabetes industry has a data problem.
27 September 2017
- Highworth's Nate sets up Type 1 Diabetes group.
- The suicide note that told Megan's diabulimia story. See also Diabulimia: what it’s like to live with diabetes and an eating disorder and Everything you need to know about diabulimia, the dangerous mix of diabetes and an eating disorder. UK families can watch "Diabulimia: The World's Most Dangerous Eating Disorder" using the BBC Player.
- Ross Elementary raises more than 6K for juvenile diabetes research.
- Novo Nordisk extends sponsorship for two years.
20 September 2017
- Growing Up With a Parent Who Has Type 1 Diabetes.
- Woodlands woman uses home to distribute diabetes supplies during Harvey.
- The designer who weaves clothes with her blood.
- Rising cost of insulin leads LI diabetics to take dangerous risks.
- Diabetes spikes among Mississippi children and no one knows why.
- The diabetic women risking blindness and even death by deliberately NOT taking their insulin to prevent weight gain as they are gripped by a terrifying eating disorder known as diabulimia.
13 September 2017
- 'An escalating crisis': People with diabetes struggle to afford life-saving insulin. See also Protesters call on Eli Lilly to lower insulin costs.
- Student climbs Mount Kilimanjaro against odds.
- Summer of Service: 14-year-old spends summer in DC pushing for diabetes funding.
- Fitbit shares jump following a partnership with diabetes-tracking DexCom.
- What Is a Continuous Glucose Monitoring Device – and Can It Help Me?
- Software under skin helps save toddler.
- Fundraiser brings in heavy equipment to fight diabetes.
- Could modifying gut microbes prevent or delay type 1 diabetes?
- Prevalence of diabetes growing among VN children.
6 September 2017
- In Hurricane Harvey’s wake, endocrinologists, CDEs work together to meet diabetes supply crisis in Houston.
- How This Wearable Tech Is Changing The Daily Routine For People with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Sheyenne student Johnson trying to make most of diabetes diagnosis.
- Jordan Morris expands his Type 1 diabetes mentorship at USMNT camps.
- Good on the Canadiens for teaming up with organization for skaters with Diabetes.
- Larry Ott: Alexander Popiel shares special bond with Kimball.
- Inaugural Spa City Ride to Cure Diabetes set.
- Tour De Cure Offers Experience For All Athletes.
30 August 2017
- Son convinces dad to quit job, walk across country with him to raise diabetes awareness.
- Reds' Adam Duvall excels on field as he keeps diabetes in check.
- How UVA graduate with diabetes became a US Open inspiration.
- Mission Viejo resident rides 4,205 miles for Type 1 Diabetes awareness.
- Fort Wayne native biking cross country for diabetes awareness.
- ConVal's All-State quarterback embracing a new challenge.
- Former Miss Idaho teams up with bicyclists to raise money for diabetes.
23 August 2017
- Kettering apologizes for not allowing girl on water slide because of insulin pump.
- Diabetic sailor Adam Pereira heading home after trip across Atlantic.
- Gladstone man awarded for surviving 60 years of diabetes.
- Nick Haynes winning fight with diabetes.
- IBM aims machine learning at type 1 diabetes with JDRF partnership. See also JDRF and IBM piece together the puzzle of type 1 diabetes.
- In diabetes device era, parents still report substantial type 1 burden.
16 August 2017
- Kettering mother says her daughter was not permitted on water slides due to insulin pump.
- 19 cyclists end in Rutherford after riding across U.S.
- Noah marches through Eagle County: 11-year-old walking across America to raise Type I Diabetes awareness.
- Mountain biker won't let diabetes get in the way as he crosses the 'Great Divide'.
- INHEAVEN bassist Chloe Little on being diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.
- The CEO of the world’s largest diabetes drugmaker says insulin pricing will change — it will just be slower than expected.
- With an eye on the FDA, Lexicon and Sanofi line up more positive data on diabetes drug.
9 August 2017
- First implants derived from stem cells to ‘cure’ type 1 diabetes.
- Camp for kids with diabetes serves as much-needed retreat.
- Camp Leo offers exciting, supportive place for teens with Type 1 diabetes.
- Kentucky offensive lineman refuses to let diabetes define, defeat him.
2 August 2017
- Extraordinary Kids: Logan Merwin.
- Kid co-author: Providence boy with Type 1 diabetes contributes to USU study.
- Knox County camp assures kids with diabetes that they’re not alone.
- Camp Red Fox gives children with diabetes time to manage their disease.
- Man with type 1 diabetes raising awareness after criticism for injecting in public.
26 July 2017
- Oldest diabetic summer camp in the country, based in Newbury Township, continues tradition.
- IndyCar driver Kimball manages diabetes.
- Las Vegas siblings visit DC in diabetes research funding quest.
- 'Fun, sun and family': Kids with type 1 diabetes find community at camp.
- 'The signs were all there': Teen speaks out about diabetes diagnosis.
- “Beyond A1C” Pinpoints Metrics That Matter to Patients for Future FDA Approvals.
- A preventive vaccine for Type 1 Diabetes to be studied in humans for the first time.
- WHISTL Labs will be Cyber Range for Medical Devices.
19 July 2017
- Notes: Kimball's Toronto livery spreads diabetes message .
- 'American Idol' finalist Crystal Bowersox shares positive message, songs at Camp Tanager.
- Melbourne brothers, thought to be Australia’s longest surviving twins with type 1 diabetes, honoured.
- This 32-year-old Ironman competitor doesn’t let diabetes get in the way of love, fitness or work.
- Wiedmer: Ryan Seaberg an American idol for anyone with type 1 diabetes.
- Fayetteville teen to represent NYS advocating for type 1 diabetes research in D.C.
- Health Insurers Try Paying More Upfront To Pay Less Later.
- Summer camp for Chinese teens suffering from diabetes held in Shanghai.
- Ascensia inks deal with Dexcom to integrate ContourNext One BGMS into G5 Medicare offering.
- Wharton student with celiac disease helps kids with diabetes.
12 July 2017
- Building community: Kejimkujik National Park camp provides safe space for teens with Type 1 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes: 'A simple test could have saved my son'.
28 June 2017
- Insulin is too expensive for many of my patients. It doesn’t have to be.
- This Is What Happens When People With Diabetes Lose Medicaid.
- Bike Beyond stops in central Ohio, pedaling for type 1 diabetes awareness.
- Pleasant Prairie girl heads to Washington to be 'diabetic superhero'.
- Children with diabetes enjoy summer camp.
- This man has run forty half marathons to mark forty years of having diabetes.
- Tiny Device Helps Diabetics Monitor Blood Sugar Continuously & Discretely.
- Children with diabetes pose a special emotional challenge for parents and caregivers.
21 June 2017
- Camp Ho Mita Koda for children with diabetes to re-open for two weeks in July.
- Diabetes camp educates, entertains.
- Newport man aims to be first Type 1 diabetic to row Atlantic.
- Ethan Explains Type 1 Diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetics talk about reality of decades of daily life with the condition.
14 June 2017
- Beyond Type 1, A Global Diabetes Non-Profit, To Take Over Diabetes Hands Foundation's Core Programs.
- A double struggle for a family dealing with type-1 diabetes.
- Fremont student disciplined after poking others at school with diabetic lancet.
- Woman Charged For Failing To Manage Daughter’s Diabetes.
7 June 2017
- Growing up with diabetes.
- How Nicole Petit lives with diabetes. Part one: The diagnosis.
- How Diabetes Is Transforming People Into Real-Life Cyborgs.
- Award presented to Carroll athlete dealing with diabetes.
- Versailles teen continues mission to strike out diabetes.
- Usher Reveals Why He Missed the Manchester Benefit Concert: 'I Would Have Loved to Be There'. See also Usher Takes Son to Diabetes Camp, Misses Manchester Benefit Concert.
- 8-year-old saves diabetic mother in South Bend.
- Move over mice, canines may be next in line to study diabetes.
31 May 2017
- Boxer Sugar Ray Leonard Hosts Pediatric Diabetes Fundraiser.
- How an elite athlete and type 1 diabetic observes Ramadan.
24 May 2017
- Rising insulin prices have diabetics crying foul.
- Nevada bill could force Sanofi, Novo and Lilly to reveal their insulin pricing secrets.
- Diabetics: Roche says it can save you big money.
- Diabetic Alabamian built her own artificial pancreas, gives away plan for free.
- Eric Paslay Treats Pediatric Diabetes Patients to a Private Concert — and Compares Glucose Monitors!
- Diabetes just another challenge for IndyCar driver Conor Daly.
- Newton mom continues diabetes education eight years after son’s death.
17 May 2017
- Insulin price hikes tell us a lot about what's wrong with drug pricing in America.
- Patients Beg For Pricey Drugs On Facebook Black Market.
- Denying Health Care to Diabetics Makes Just About Zero Sense.
- Mum's fury after diabetic son refused food at McDonald's despite sugar levels plunging.
- Former CBS3 Reporter Details Living With Type 1 Diabetes In New Book.
- How I Run 100-Mile Races with Type 1 Diabetes.
- What It Takes To Dance With Diabetes.
- Kilmarnock dentist raises thousands for type 1 diabetes with incredible ultramarathon effort.
- Transplant of Insulin-Producing Cells Offers Hope Against Type 1 Diabetes.
- Woman with type 1 diabetes still off insulin one year after cell transplant.
- Why This Miss USA Contestant Is Proudly Wearing Her Type 1 Diabetes Glucose Monitor During the Competition.
- Research facility will advance treatment of Type 1 diabetes.
- Eli Lilly raised prices on 9 drugs last week.
10 May 2017
- Diabetes can't stop you from climbing Everest.
- Diabetes doesn't slow Kimball down.
- Roy athletes not dragged down by Type 1 diabetes.
- North Scott soccer player battles diabetes with continuous optimism.
- Kids with diabetes show a 'Kandu' spirit.
- Doctors turn to the power of peer groups to help diabetics.
3 May 2017
- 'It's not a barrier in life' - Theresa May opens up on Type 1 diabetes.
- Adolescents with good type 1 diabetes control have better long-term health outcomes.
- George Canyon honoured for tireless work, advocating for those with Type 1 diabetes.
- Cyclist turns a death sentence into a race against diabetes.
- Nick Jonas Opens Up About His Type 1 Diabetes With Some Inspiring Words.
- University of Virginia Researchers Develop Artificial Pancreas to Control Type 1 Diabetes.
- Unique program normalizes diabetes for kids with type 1.
- Nonprofit raises funds for children with Type 1 diabetes.
- Milton father runs North Pole half-marathon for diabetic son.
- With a motor and a mentor, elite basketball recruit Cate Reese moves forward with diabetes.
- Heroic boy, 6, saves diabetic mum's life as she collapses at kitchen table after breakfast.
- Try Walking In A Type I Diabetic's Shoes.
- 2 Investigators: The Black Market For Diabetes Test Strips.
26 April 2017
- Researchers discover technique that could lead to diabetes cure.
- IBM's Technology Predicts Diabetic Retinopathy with High Accuracy. See also IBM Machine Vision Technology Advances Early Detection of Diabetic Eye Disease Using Deep Learning.
- Brother, sister thrive despite Type 1 Diabetes.
- Young boy coming through Nashville on march across the U.S. for Type 1 Diabetes awareness.
- Oak Hills softball standout Sid McElroy is an inspiration to her teammates.
- Families who live with diabetes lament medication high costs.
- Point Walter camp provides help for children with diabetes.
- When Is It Safe to Drive With Type 1 Diabetes?
19 April 2017
- Science May Have Found a Way to Reserve Type 1 Diabetes.
- Apple has a secret team working on the holy grail for treating diabetes.
- Diabetic teen thanks strangers for saving his life.
- Ten-year-old, family, explain life with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Fayetteville cyclist battles to become pro despite diabetes diagnosis.
- Salem toddler diagnosed with type 1 diabetes uses art to communicate.
- Young lacrosse star balances Type 1 diabetes with his sport.
- How Type 1 diabetes affects my abilities as a student.
- Patients Receive Lilly Diabetes Journey Award.
- 19-year old Georgia college student dies of diabetes complication.
12 April 2017
- Camp Ho Mita Koda, oldest in nation, closed as Diabetes Partnership of Cleveland dissolves.
- Minecraft morphed into game to help kids and parents deal with onset of diabetes.
- Mountain Ridge pitcher Tommy Lowe battles elbow, diabetes on way back to the mound.
- Isle of Wight diabetes patient honoured with prestigious medal.
- McAllen Teen Opens Up About Living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Horse racing license granted to teenager with type 1 diabetes.
- With same training, insulin pumps no better than injections.
- Tom Gaglardi announces $3 million gift to JDRF Canada.
29 March 2017
- Woman goes into diabetic shock, turns to Facebook friends for help.
- Athlete with Type 1 diabetes tells of marathon motivation.
- Boy walks 4,000 miles to help cure diabetes.
- Teddy Bear Hospital helps kids with type 1 diabetes.
- A hockey camp for kids suffering from diabetes.
- ‘Insulin Superheroes’ program reduces HbA1c in children.
22 March 2017
- Colorado Springs family adapts to reality of Type 1 diabetes as, one after one, children are diagnosed.
- 11-year-old with diabetes excited to participate in Tour de Cure for third year.
- Kidnap Victim Brittany Diggs: Insulin Pump Aided Trunk Escape.
- Worried about losing insurance, people stockpile medications.
15 March 2017
- 3 Generations Of Type 1 Diabetes, One Shared Struggle.
- Would-Be Doctor as Patient: Dealing with a Diabetes Diagnosis.
- Amherst athlete Elizabeth Carter fights diabetes, celiac disease.
- Diabetes Can't Stop A Warrior: 11-Year-Old Keeps Playing Basketball After Diagnoses.
- Royals pitcher Scott Alexander manages diabetes and basebal.
- East Texan shares what it's like living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Diabetes Australia presents Kellion Victory Medal to Tallangatta resident Philip Waldron.
- Type 1 Diabetes: Liam’s Story.
- Webster City woman recognized for 50 years of surviving diabetes.
8 March 2017
- Lilly Diabetes Becomes 'Official Diabetes Health Partner of NASCAR.
- Madrid's Nacho on diabetes: 'I was told my footballing days were over'.
- With diabetes under control, pitcher Dylan Covey tries to stick with White Sox.
- Stars owner Tom Gaglardi’s fight to cure diabetes is motivated by one thing, his son .
- Diabetes no match for Vikings' Muxlow.
- How a small device could change the lives of Type 1 Diabetics.
1 March 2017
- New Device Helping Diabetics Track Blood Sugar Without Fingersticks.
- Ryan Reed survives multiple wrecks to win Xfinity Series at Daytona.
- Parents Think Teen's Growth Spurt Is Him 'Leaning Out' Until Mom Hears Him Call for Help to the Couch.
- 'I don't live by its rules' - Kendall Simmons' Wellness blog, living with diabetes.
- Lancers' Rylie Rucker refuses to be sidelined by diabetes.
- Dealing with diabetes distress.
- Fans help Edmonton man in diabetic emergency at Garth Brooks concert.
- Mum calls on Government to license new diabetes monitors to stop kids from pricking skin with needles.
22 February 2017
- Despite Challenges, RaeLynn, Eric Paslay and Other Stars Don't Let Type 1 Diabetes Limit Their Dreams.
- The Other Diabetes.
- The smile that never fades.
- Type 1 diabetic Rebecca Johnson’s solo Rottnest Swim part of ‘life without limit’.
- Central Montcalm’s Libby Ledford doesn’t let type 1 diabetes control her life.
- Son’s Diagnosis Fuels Multifaceted Approach to Treating Diabetes.
15 February 2017
- Hackers are sparking a do-it-yourself revolution in diabetes care.
- Diabetes and air travel: Ensuring security, promoting dignity.
- Real Madrid's Nacho Fernandez feared diabetes would end football dreams.
- Central Montcalm’s Libby Ledford doesn’t let type 1 diabetes control her life.
- Lakeville South Volleyball Player Shares Experience of Living with Type 1 Diabetes.
- 'Diabetes doesn't spell career death,' Limerick cyclist tells kids.
- Gustavus swimmer Peters doesn't let diabetes define him.
- EMA instructs warning about SGLT2 inhibitors to appeal on labels.
8 February 2017
- Bionic Pancreas Passes Critical Science Hurdle; $12M from NIH moves ENG prof’s device forward.
- UVa testing artificial pancreas in adults with type 1 diabetes.
- Type 1 diabetes not a problem for Kalamazoo United freshman Brandon Murray.
- Diabetes has become one of America’s most expensive diseases.
1 February 2017
- Final 2017 F150 Raptor Raises $207k for Juvenile Diabetes Research.
- All-diabetic cycling team taking part in Dubai Tour carry message of hope.
- Baylor freshman forward Lauren Cox’s battles go beyond the court.
25 January 2017
- After Escape From Syria, Another Dangerous Foe: Diabetes.
- Study ties inflammation, gut bacteria to type 1 diabetes.
- Making delivery as sweet as possible for people with diabetes.
- These Penn Medicine researchers were just given $12 million to study diabetes.
- Children's Mercy Hospital Launches Innovative Diabetes Program.
- J&J Q4 sales up 1.7 pct, plans to divest diabetes care division.
18 January 2017
- Campaigners urge research into type 1 diabetes to be top of agenda in Scotland.
11 January 2017
- Artificial pancreas gives hope of easier management to Type 1 diabetics.
- The search for what triggers type 1 diabetes.
- Common virus may have role in type 1 diabetes.
- Families feeling financial strain of diabetes.
- Former Steeler Kendall Simmons' NFL career helped him manage life with diabetes.
- Type One diabetes campaigners at parliament.
- Schoolgirl undertakes epic cycle challenge to raise type 1 diabetes awareness.
- Toddler, 20 months, becomes youngest child in the world to receive blood from her own umbilical cord to stop diabetes - after it was stored to treat her sister for the same disease.
4 January 2017
- Diabetes in the Digital Age.
[ Current Diabetes News in the Popular Press | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday November 15, 2017 19:50:17
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.