Current Celiac News
22 March 2017
- Reduced Bone Mineral Density in Children with Screening-detected Celiac Disease.
- Recent advances in pediatric celiac disease.
- Pediatric Celiac Disease: Follow-Up in the Spotlight.
- Local ocular surface parameters in patients with systemic celiac disease.
15 March 2017
- Celiac Disease Is Associated with Childhood Psychiatric Disorders: A Population-Based Study.
- Celiac Disease: Role of the Epithelial Barrier. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Low gluten diets linked to higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Deerfield 7th grader organizes concert to benefit celiac disease center.
8 March 2017
- Psychological Manifestations of Celiac Disease in Children: Differences Noted Pre- and Post-Diagnosis.
- Maternal use of dietary supplements during pregnancy is not associated with coeliac disease in the offspring: The Environmental Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (TEDDY) study.
- Large population study shows that adolescents with celiac disease have an increased risk of multiple autoimmune and non-autoimmune comorbidities.
- 15 Women Describe What It's REALLY Like to Have Celiac Disease.
1 March 2017
- Accumulation of Heavy Metals in People on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Psychological Manifestations of Celiac Disease Autoimmunity in Young Children. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Celiac Disease, Gut-Brain Axis, and Behavior: Cause, Consequence, or Merely Epiphenomenon?
- Lower Prevalence of Celiac Disease and Gluten-Related Disorders in Persons Living in Southern vs Northern Latitudes of the United States.
- Coping with celiac disease: how heavy is the burden for caregivers?
- Risk of Cross-Contact for Gluten-Free Pizzas in Shared-Production Restaurants in Relation to Oven Cooking Procedures.
- Overview on the General Approaches to Improve Gluten-Free Pasta and Bread. Free full text available in HTML reader format.
- Gluten-free diets: Where do we stand?
22 February 2017
- Mode of Delivery and Risk of Celiac Disease: Risk of Celiac Disease and Age at Gluten Introduction Cohort Study.
- Characterization of celiac disease related oat proteins: bases for the development of high quality oat varieties suitable for celiac patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Impact of gluten-free diet on quality of life in celiac patients.
- Your toddler’s behavior may hint at celiac disease: study.
15 February 2017
- Blood levels of lead and mercury and celiac disease seropositivity: the US National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey found lower levels of lead and mercury in children eating a gluten free diet.
- The Unintended Consequences of a Gluten-Free Diet (click on PDF link to download full text). See also Gluten-free diet may increase risk of arsenic, mercury exposure.
- Gluten Contamination in Naturally or Labeled Gluten-Free Products Marketed in Italy. Free full text available in HTML and and PDF via link.
- The Celiac Patient Antibody Response to Conventional and Gluten-Removed Beer. See also ‘Gluten-removed’ beer not as safe as ‘gluten-free’ beer for those with celiac disease, study suggests.
8 February 2017
- At-Risk Screened Children with Celiac Disease are Comparable in Disease Severity and Dietary Adherence to Those Found because of Clinical Suspicion: A Large Cohort Study.
- Increasing Incidence and Altered Presentation in a Population-Based Study of Pediatric Celiac Disease in North America.
- High incidence of Celiac Disease in a Long-term Study of Adolescents With Susceptibility Genotypes.
- Transverse Myelitis as Manifestation of Celiac Disease in a Toddler.
1 February 2017
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease in the U.S. Appears to Have Plateaued.
- The Celiac Patient Antibody Response to Conventional and Gluten-Removed Beer.
- Prevalence of Self-Reported Gluten Sensitivity and Adherence to a Gluten-Free Diet in Argentinian Adult Population. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
25 January 2017
- Value of IgA tTG in Predicting Mucosal Recovery in Children With Celiac Disease on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Pre-symptomatic Diagnosis of Celiac Disease in Predisposed Children: the Role of Gene Expression Profile.
18 January 2017
- Early Infant Feeding Practices May Influence the Onset of Symptomatic Celiac Disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Salivary Gluten Degradation and Oral Microbial Profiles in Health and Celiac Disease.
- Celiac Disease and Type 1 Diabetes: Is There a Connection?
11 January 2017
- Evolution of Gluten Content in Cereal-Based Gluten-Free Products: An Overview from 1998 to 2016. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Ethnic differences in coeliac disease autoimmunity in childhood: the Generation R Study.
- Biomarkers to Monitor Gluten-Free Diet Compliance in Celiac Patients.
- Iron deficiency anemia despite effective gluten-free diet in celiac disease: Diagnostic role of small bowel capsule endoscopy.
4 January 2017
- AGY, a Novel Egg Yolk-Derived Anti-gliadin Antibody, Is Safe for Patients with Celiac Disease.
- Are Treated Celiac Patients at Risk for Mycotoxins? An Italian Case-Study.
- Seeking flavor within strict limits.
[ Current Celiac News | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday March 22, 2017 17:48:11
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.