Current Celiac News
21 September 2016
- Bifidobacterium infantis NLS Super Strain Reduces the Expression of α-Defensin-5, a Marker of Innate Immunity, in the Mucosa of Active Celiac Disease Patients.
- The industrial food additive, microbial transglutaminase, mimics tissue transglutaminase and is immunogenic in celiac disease patients.
- Celiac disease and the risk of kidney diseases: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Celiac Disease is Misdiagnosed Based on Serology Only in a Substantial Proportion of Patients.
14 September 2016
- Computer-aided texture analysis combined with experts' knowledge: Improving endoscopic celiac disease diagnosis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The clinical and phenotypical assessment of seronegative villous atrophy; a prospective UK centre experience evaluating 200 adult cases over a 15-year period (2000-2015).
- Younger White Women Are Behind The Surge Of Gluten-Free Diets.
7 September 2016
- Diagnosis of Celiac Disease: Current State of the Evidence. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Celiac Disease and Diabetes: when to test and Treat.
- The Craft Brewmasters Who Are Getting Gluten-Free Beer Right.
- Cafe owner sparks social media firestorm after demanding gluten-free diners provide doctor's note.
31 August 2016
- Alterations in Diets of Patients with Non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity Compared to Healthy Individuals.
- Ancient pathogen-driven adaptation triggers increased susceptibility to non-celiac wheat sensitivity in present-day European populations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Canadian Celiac Association warns against gluten-free Cheerios.
24 August 2016
- Long-term mucosal recovery and healing in celiac disease is the rule - not the exception.
- Frequency of HLA-DQB1*0201/02 and DQB1*0302 alleles and tissue transglutaminase antibody seropositivity in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- Hypertransaminasemia in Newly Diagnosed Pediatric Patients With Celiac Disease.
- Lack of Evidence of Rotavirus-Dependent Molecular Mimicry as a Trigger of Celiac Disease.
17 August 2016
- The gluten-free basic food basket: a problem of availability, cost and nutritional composition.
- Cancer in first-degree relatives of people with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
10 August 2016
- A Comparison of Patients' and Doctors' Reports on Health Related Quality of Life in Celiac Disease.
- Elderly Onset Celiac Disease: A Narrative Review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac Disease Presenting as Profound Diarrhea and Weight Loss - A Celiac Crisis.
3 August 2016
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes in celiac disease: prevalence and effect on clinical and histological presentation. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Salivary and fecal microbiota and metabolome of celiac children under gluten-free diet.
- Symptoms and biomarkers associated with celiac disease: evaluation of a population-based screening program in adults.
- Identification of Food-grade Subtilisins as Gluten-degrading Enzymes to Treat Celiac Disease.
- New insights into wheat toxicity: Breeding did not seem to contribute to a prevalence of potential celiac disease's immunostimulatory epitopes.
- Enzymes from carnivorous plant could help people digest gluten.
- Intestinal cell damage and systemic immune activation in individuals reporting sensitivity to wheat in the absence of coeliac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Columbia Researchers Find Biological Explanation for Wheat Sensitivity and No, You Don’t Have To Have Celiac Disease To Have A Wheat Sensitivity.
27 July 2016
- A Canadian Study toward Changing Local Practice in the Diagnosis of Pediatric Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Altered Esophageal Mucosal Structure in Patients with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gastrointestinal Symptoms in Celiac Disease Patients on a Long-Term Gluten-Free Diet.
- Symptomatic suspected gluten exposure is common among patients with coeliac disease on a gluten-free diet.
- Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Oats: A Canadian Position Based on a Literature Review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Eastern Idaho farmer hopes to become a top quinoa producer.
20 July 2016
- Direct Costs in Patients with Celiac Disease in the USA: A Retrospective Claims Analysis.
- Celiac disease diagnosis still significantly delayed - Doctor's but not patients' delay responsive for the increased total delay in women.
- Celiac patients' attitudes regarding novel therapies.
- In Memory of Bread: A bread and beer lover has to go gluten-free.
13 July 2016
- Is your meal really gluten free? Portable sensor detects trace amounts of gluten in food at restaurants.
- Gluten Free Diet Update: Portable Gluten Detector From MIT Spinout Arrives For People Who Prefer Or Avoid Non-Celiac Gluten Food.
- A funny, poignant eulogy for the bread he can no longer eat.
29 June 2016
- Celiac disease: understanding the gluten-free diet.
- Gluten-Free Diet Beneficial in T1D With Concurrent Celiac Disease.
22 June 2016
- Symptoms and Mucosal Changes Stable During Rapid Increase of Pediatric Celiac Disease in Norway.
- Celiac Disease and Wheat Intolerance Syndrome: a Critical Update and Reappraisal.
- Current and Novel Therapeutic Strategies in Celiac Disease.
- Some Celiac Disease May Be Due To Viruses.
15 June 2016
- Partners of patients with celiac disease report relationship burden.
- The Celiac Surge: How I Make the Most of a Life Without Gluten.
- Celiac Disease or Gluten Allergy: Who Does It Affect and How Can You Detect It?
- Scientists Have Found a Way to Make Gluten-Free Bread that Doesn’t Suck.
8 June 2016
- Celiac Disease Negatively Influences Lipid Profiles in Youngest Children With Type 1 Diabetes: Effect of the Gluten-Free Diet.
- New Stanford celiac disease resource offers help with gluten-free diets.
- Managing Celiac Disease for Women: Implications for the Primary Care Provider.
- How much can Celiac Disease affect an athlete's performance?
- A New Technique Improves the Detection of Gluten in Food – A Boost for those with Celiac Disease.
1 June 2016
- To your health: Why a formal diagnosis of celiac disease is so important.
- Traveling While Gluten-Free? What To Consider From Someone with Celiac Diseas.
- Proctor First Grader Navigates Celiac Disease.
25 May 2016
- Gluten free diet and nutrient deficiencies: A review.
- Is compliance with gluten-free diet sufficient? Diet composition of celiac patients.
- Transition from childhood to adulthood in coeliac disease: the Prague consensus report. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Evanston filmmaker focuses on celiac disease in new documentary.
18 May 2016
- Delayed gastric emptying does not normalize after gluten withdrawal in adult celiac disease.
- Gluten-Free Glutton: Celiac disease is no laughing matter.
11 May 2016
- Celiac Awareness: Getting beyond gluten.
4 May 2016
- Is it gluten-free? Relationship between self-reported gluten-free diet adherence and knowledge of gluten content of foods.
- Partner Burden: A Common Entity in Celiac Disease.
- Celiac’s Evolution: The Mind-Boggling Rise of Non-Gut Symptoms.
- What I Wish People Understood About Celiac Disease.
- Teens with celiac disease may face difficult transition.
27 April 2016
- Accuracy of Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase IgA Antibody in the Diagnosis of Paediatric Celiac Disease.
- Moran: The difficulty of eating in Hong Kong with celiac disease.
- Gluten-free brews a boon for thirsty celiac sufferers.
- Traveling while gluten free: a survival guide.
- River Edge moms start support group for living a life free of gluten.
- Children's Hospital Colorado helping Colorado kitchens go gluten-free.
20 April 2016
- Celiac disease and school food service in Piedmont Region: Evaluation of gluten-free meal. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Serum Concentrations of Insulin, Ghrelin, Adiponectin, Leptin, Leptin Receptor and Lipocalin-2 in Children with Celiac Disease Who Do and Do Not Adhere to a Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Dani's Diary: The diagnosis that just changed my life.
- Celiac disease raises risk of pregnancy complications, but not infertility.
6 April 2016
- Anemia in Pediatric Celiac Disease: Association with Clinical and Histological Features and Response to Gluten-free Diet.
- Detection of Active Epstein-Barr Virus Infection in Duodenal Mucosa of Patients With Refractory Celiac Disease.
- Celiac Disease and Risk of Autoimmune Disorders: A Population-Based Matched Birth Cohort Study.
- As A Mom, Gluten-Free Certification Is A Matter Of Trust.
- Celitax helps celiac disease sufferers track gluten-free purchases.
30 March 2016
- Identification of Non-HLA Genes Associated with Celiac Disease and Country-Specific Differences in a Large, International Pediatric Cohort. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Prevalence of celiac disease among the Iranian population: A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.
- Effective Identification of Low-Gliadin Wheat Lines by Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS): Implications for the Development and Analysis of Foodstuffs Suitable for Celiac Patients.
23 March 2016
- Children and adolescents living with diabetes and celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Michelin-Starred French Restaurant Goes Gluten-Free.
16 March 2016
- Risk of Headache-Related Healthcare Visits in Patients With Celiac Disease: A Population-Based Observational Study.
- Gluten-Free Easter Candy (Updated March 2016).
- Students struggle with gluten-free diet at university.
9 March 2016
- Identification of a serum transglutaminase threshold value for the noninvasive diagnosis of symptomatic adult celiac disease patients: a retrospective study.
2 March 2016
- Health-related quality of life and determinant factors in celiac disease. A population-based analysis of adult patients in Spain. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Study of duodenal bacterial communities by 16s rrna gene analysis in adults with active celiac disease versus non celiac disease controls.
- Simultaneous detection of IgA and IgG antibodies against tissue transglutaminase: The preferred pre-biopsy test in childhood celiac disease.
- Prevalence of celiac disease and related antibodies in patients diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome according to the Rome III criteria. A case-control study.
- Stop Making Light of the Gluten-Free Diet.
24 February 2016
- Decrease by 50% of plasma IgA tissue transglutaminase antibody concentrations within 2 months after start of gluten-free diet in children with celiac disease used as a confirming diagnostic test.
- What's new in gluten?
- Rely on a pediatrician - not parental suspicion - to diagnose celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
17 February 2016
- Bone and Celiac Disease.
- Diagnosis and nursing management of coeliac disease in children.
- Iron deficiency anemia in newly diagnosed celiac disease in children.
- Evidence for the Presence of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity in Patients with Functional Gastrointestinal Symptoms: Results from a Multicenter Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Gluten Challenge. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
10 February 2016
- Impact of a gluten-free diet on bone mineral density in celiac patients.
- Clinical and Immunologic Features of Ultra-short Celiac Disease.
- Serological screening for celiac disease in a northern Italian child and adolescent population after the onset of type 1 diabetes: a retrospective longitudinal study of a 7-year period.
- Evaluation of the Correlation Between tTG-IgA Titer and Duodenal Biopsy Findings in Children With Suspected Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gluten Freedom and the Ethics of Withholding a Celiac Diagnosis.
3 February 2016
- Infant feeding and risk of developing celiac disease: a systematic review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac disease in a large cohort of children and adolescents with recurrent headache: A retrospective study.
- 273 Fast Food Chains Across North America Commit to Gluten Free.
27 January 2016
- Contemporary celiac disease diagnosis: is a biopsy avoidable?
- Celiac Disease and Drug-Based Therapies: Inquiry into Patients Demands.
- Serologic testing in celiac disease: Practical guide for clinicians. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Risks of hospitalization and drug consumption in children and young adults with diagnosed celiac disease and the role of maternal education: a population-based matched birth cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The urinary inflammatory profile in gluten free diet-adherent adolescents with type 1 diabetes and celiac disease.
20 January 2016
- The potential utility of tight junction regulation in celiac disease: focus on larazotide acetate. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The importance of anti-transglutaminase IgA antibody detection in the diagnosis of celiac disease - case report of an inappropriate diagnostic approach.
- Gluten Introduction and The Risk of Coeliac Disease. A Position Paper By The European Society For Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition.
13 January 2016
- A Prospective Study on the Usefulness of Duodenal Bulb Biopsies in Celiac Disease Diagnosis in Children: Urging Caution.
- Celiac Disease and Vaccinations.
- Being celiac in a sea of gluten-free dieters.
- Celiac Disease Community: Looking to Go Beyond.
6 January 2016
- Diet adherence and gluten exposure in coeliac disease and self-reported non-coeliac gluten sensitivity.
- Researcher aims at developing 'celiac-safe' wheat.
- Could Egg Yolks Cure Celiac Disease? See also 'Cracking' gluten intolerance.
30 December 2015
- Prevalence and clinical profile of celiac disease in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Free full text available in HTML format.
- Prevalence of celiac disease among first-degree relatives of Indian celiac disease patients.
- Gluten Free Holidays.
- Health Matters: Understanding the Gluten Free Diet.
24 December 2015
- Celiac Disease Increases Risk of Thyroid Disease in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: A Nationwide Cohort Study.
- From an imbalance to a new imbalance: Italian-style gluten-free diet alters the salivary microbiota and metabolome of African celiac children.
- Five myths about gluten.
- A simple celiac test proved teenager Alana Broe who complained of constant stomach ache wasn't a hypochondriac.
16 December 2015
- A Protein In The Gut May Explain Why Some Can't Stomach Gluten.
- The gluten-free craze is making celiacs like me sick.
- Why Gluten-Free Diet Is Important To People With Celiac Disease.
9 December 2015
- Validity of histology for the diagnosis of paediatric coeliac disease: a Swedish multicentre study.
- Gliadin-Specific T-Cells Mobilized in the Peripheral Blood of Coeliac Patients by Short Oral Gluten Challenge: Clinical Applications.
- A life without gluten: Students discuss navigating JMU dining with dietary restriction.
1 December 2015
- Detection of gluten immunogenic peptides in the urine of patients with coeliac disease reveals transgressions in the gluten-free diet and incomplete mucosal healing. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Primary Prevention of Celiac Disease: Environmental Factors with a Focus on Early Nutrition.
- Talking to Kids About Celiac.
- River Edge 10-year-old educates others on celiac disease.
25 November 2015
- Celiac Disease Does Not Influence Fracture Risk in Young Patients with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Miracle on Burt Road: Opening a gluten-free bakery and cafe was one Lexington mom's answer to her son's Celiac diagnosis.
17 November 2015
- Age-related differences in celiac disease: Specific characteristics of adult presentation. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Role of oats in celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Reduced Bone Mineral Density Is Associated with Celiac Disease Autoimmunity in Children with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Parental Health Beliefs, Socio-demographics, and Healthcare Recommendations Influence Micronutrient Supplementation in Youth with Celiac Disease.
11 November 2015
- Features and Progression of Potential Celiac Disease in Adults.
- Structural and Functional Changes in the Tight Junctions of Asymptomatic and Serology-negative First-degree Relatives of Patients With Celiac Disease.
- Gluten-free food database: the nutritional quality and cost of packaged gluten-free foods. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Treating celiac disease with hookworms? Australian researcher continues study.
4 November 2015
- Features of children with positive celiac serology and type 1 diabetes mellitus.
- The Spectrum of Differences between Childhood and Adulthood Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Is there any relationship between unrecognized celiac disease and unexplained infertile couples? Free full text available in PDF format.
27 October 2015
- Gluten Introduction to Infant Feeding and Risk of Celiac Disease: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Prevalence and Natural History of Celiac Disease in a Cohort of at-Risk Children.
- Quality of Life in Screen-detected Celiac Disease Patients in the United States.
- Mom: Girl with celiac disease has to sit alone during school lunch.
- Celiac Disease Doesn't Seem to Boost Dementia Risk: Study.
21 October 2015
- Coeliac Disease: Recognition, Assessment and Management. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Searching for Celiac Disease.
- Why food allergy fakers need to stop.
- Portable gluten test promises to ease dining woes.
14 October 2015
- Factors associated with growth disturbance at celiac disease diagnosis in children: A retrospective cohort study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Effects of Gluten Intake on Risk of Celiac Disease: a case-control study on a Swedish birth cohort.
- Gluten consumption during late pregnancy and risk of celiac disease in the offspring: the TEDDY birth cohort.
- Symptoms and findings in adult-onset celiac disease in a historical Danish patient cohort.
- ntestinal Microbiota Modulates Gluten-Induced Immunopathology in Humanized Mice.
- Many People With Non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity Have Autoimmune Disease or Antinuclear Antibodies.
- Our Gluten Free Halloween Candy list can help parents of kids with celiac decide what treats are safe to eat.
7 October 2015
- The Role of Gluten in Celiac Disease and Type 1 Diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Prevalence of celiac disease in adult type 1 patients with diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Vitamin and mineral deficiency in children newly diagnosed with celiac disease.
- General Mills issues voluntary Class I recall of Cheerios and Honey Nut Cheerios cereal produced at its Lodi, California location on certain dates.
- Oats and the Pitfalls of Gluten-Free Labeling.
- Gluten-Free Game Changer: The Nima Sensor.
[ Current Celiac News | News from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday September 21, 2016 20:56:00
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.