Current Celiac News
21 June 2017
- Accuracy of Tests for Antibodies Against Tissue-transglutaminase in Diagnosis of Celiac Disease, Without Biopsy.
- Delay in diagnosis of celiac disease in patients without gastrointestinal complaints.
- The Long-Term Consumption of Oats in Celiac Disease Patients Is Safe: A Large Cross-Sectional Study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gluten-sniffing dogs help people with celiac disease.
- Honors student presents celiac disease research at conference in Pittsburgh.
14 June 2017
- The identification of celiac disease in asymptomatic children: the Generation R Study.
- Markers of inflammation and cardiovascular disease in recently diagnosed celiac disease patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
7 June 2017
- Risk of Eating Disorders in Patients with Celiac Disease.
- Daily Experiences and Challenges Among Children and Adolescents with Celiac Disease: Focus Group Results.
- Commercially available glutenases: a potential hazard in coeliac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- The Celiac Surge.
- Sampling Finds High Level of Gluten-Free Compliance.
- Coexistence of celiac disease & type 1 diabetes mellitus in children.
- Anti-gliadin antibodies in breast milk from celiac mothers on a gluten-free diet.
- Effect of soy flour on nutritional, physicochemical, and sensory characteristics of gluten‐free bread. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
31 May 2017
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease in 52,721 Youth With Type 1 Diabetes: International Comparison Across Three Continents.
- Tests for Serum Transglutaminase and Endomysial Antibodies Do Not Detect Most Patients With Celiac Disease and Persistent Villous Atrophy on Gluten-free Diets: a Meta-analysis.
- Anti-transglutaminase 6 Antibody Development in Children With Celiac Disease Correlates With Duration of Gluten Exposure.
- Similar Responses of Intestinal T-cells From Untreated Children and Adults With Celiac Disease to Deamidated Gluten Epitopes.
- Celiac disease symptoms more likely to resolve in children.
24 May 2017
- Gluten-degrading bacteria are present in the human small intestine of healthy volunteers and celiac patients.
- Celiac Disease Symptom Resolution: Effectiveness of the Gluten Free Diet.
- A B-Cell Gene Signature Correlates With the Extent of Gluten-Induced Intestinal Injury in Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Science Has Begun Taking Gluten Seriously.
17 May 2017
- Psychiatric Disorders in Children Linked to Celiac Disease.
- Assessment of dietary compliance in celiac children using a standardized dietary interview.
- Leaky Gut Syndrome: A Tale of Two Mice Pairs.
10 May 2017
- Eating Pure Oats May be Okay for Celiac Sufferers: Study.
3 May 2017
- Celiac Disease and Anorexia Nervosa: A Nationwide Study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Is the Diagnosis of Celiac Disease Possible Without Intestinal Biopsy?
- Charting Celiac Disease's Millennia-Long Rise to Prominence.
- Infectious component of celiac disease?
- Gluten-free Strategies: The emotional toll of adjusting to celiac disease.
26 April 2017
- Safety of Adding Oats to a Gluten-free Diet for Patients with Celiac Disease: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Clinical and Observational Studies.
- Cereal Consumption among Subjects with Celiac Disease: A Snapshot for Nutritional Considerations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Zonulin transgenic mice show altered gut permeability and increased morbidity/mortality in the DSS colitis model. See also Mass. General researchers provide evidence linking "leaky gut" to chronic inflammation.
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease Autoimmunity Among Adolescents and Young Adults in China.
19 April 2017
- A Novel Patient-Derived Conceptual Model of the Impact of Celiac Disease in Adults: Implications for Patient-Reported Outcome and Health-Related Quality-of-Life Instrument Development.
- Living with celiac disease: A life-changing diagnosis.
12 April 2017
- Reovirus infection triggers inflammatory responses to dietary antigens and development of celiac disease. See also A Seemingly Harmless Virus Might Be Triggering Celiac Disease, Here’s how an otherwise humdrum virus sparks celiac disease, and Virus linked to celiac disease, new study finds.
- The New Niche: Gluten-Free Dining Halls.
29 March 2017
- Greater postprandial glucose excursions and inadequate nutrient intake in youth with type 1 diabetes and celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Screening for Celiac Disease: US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation Statement.
- The US Preventive Services Task Force Recommendation on Screening for Asymptomatic Celiac Disease: A Dearth of Evidence.
- No Need To Get Screened For Celiac Unless You Have Symptoms, Panel Says.
- The effects of modified versus unmodified wheat gluten administration in patients with celiac disease.
22 March 2017
- Reduced Bone Mineral Density in Children with Screening-detected Celiac Disease.
- Recent advances in pediatric celiac disease.
- Pediatric Celiac Disease: Follow-Up in the Spotlight.
- Local ocular surface parameters in patients with systemic celiac disease.
15 March 2017
- Celiac Disease Is Associated with Childhood Psychiatric Disorders: A Population-Based Study.
- Celiac Disease: Role of the Epithelial Barrier. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Low gluten diets linked to higher risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Deerfield 7th grader organizes concert to benefit celiac disease center.
8 March 2017
- Psychological Manifestations of Celiac Disease in Children: Differences Noted Pre- and Post-Diagnosis.
- Maternal use of dietary supplements during pregnancy is not associated with coeliac disease in the offspring: The Environmental Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (TEDDY) study.
- Large population study shows that adolescents with celiac disease have an increased risk of multiple autoimmune and non-autoimmune comorbidities.
- 15 Women Describe What It's REALLY Like to Have Celiac Disease.
1 March 2017
- Accumulation of Heavy Metals in People on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Psychological Manifestations of Celiac Disease Autoimmunity in Young Children. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats. See also Celiac Disease, Gut-Brain Axis, and Behavior: Cause, Consequence, or Merely Epiphenomenon?
- Lower Prevalence of Celiac Disease and Gluten-Related Disorders in Persons Living in Southern vs Northern Latitudes of the United States.
- Coping with celiac disease: how heavy is the burden for caregivers?
- Risk of Cross-Contact for Gluten-Free Pizzas in Shared-Production Restaurants in Relation to Oven Cooking Procedures.
- Overview on the General Approaches to Improve Gluten-Free Pasta and Bread. Free full text available in HTML reader format.
- Gluten-free diets: Where do we stand?
22 February 2017
- Mode of Delivery and Risk of Celiac Disease: Risk of Celiac Disease and Age at Gluten Introduction Cohort Study.
- Characterization of celiac disease related oat proteins: bases for the development of high quality oat varieties suitable for celiac patients. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Impact of gluten-free diet on quality of life in celiac patients.
- Your toddler’s behavior may hint at celiac disease: study.
15 February 2017
- Blood levels of lead and mercury and celiac disease seropositivity: the US National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey found lower levels of lead and mercury in children eating a gluten free diet.
- The Unintended Consequences of a Gluten-Free Diet (click on PDF link to download full text). See also Gluten-free diet may increase risk of arsenic, mercury exposure.
- Gluten Contamination in Naturally or Labeled Gluten-Free Products Marketed in Italy. Free full text available in HTML and and PDF via link.
- The Celiac Patient Antibody Response to Conventional and Gluten-Removed Beer. See also ‘Gluten-removed’ beer not as safe as ‘gluten-free’ beer for those with celiac disease, study suggests.
8 February 2017
- At-Risk Screened Children with Celiac Disease are Comparable in Disease Severity and Dietary Adherence to Those Found because of Clinical Suspicion: A Large Cohort Study.
- Increasing Incidence and Altered Presentation in a Population-Based Study of Pediatric Celiac Disease in North America.
- High incidence of Celiac Disease in a Long-term Study of Adolescents With Susceptibility Genotypes.
- Transverse Myelitis as Manifestation of Celiac Disease in a Toddler.
1 February 2017
- Prevalence of Celiac Disease in the U.S. Appears to Have Plateaued.
- The Celiac Patient Antibody Response to Conventional and Gluten-Removed Beer.
- Prevalence of Self-Reported Gluten Sensitivity and Adherence to a Gluten-Free Diet in Argentinian Adult Population. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
25 January 2017
- Value of IgA tTG in Predicting Mucosal Recovery in Children With Celiac Disease on a Gluten-Free Diet.
- Pre-symptomatic Diagnosis of Celiac Disease in Predisposed Children: the Role of Gene Expression Profile.
18 January 2017
- Early Infant Feeding Practices May Influence the Onset of Symptomatic Celiac Disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Salivary Gluten Degradation and Oral Microbial Profiles in Health and Celiac Disease.
- Celiac Disease and Type 1 Diabetes: Is There a Connection?
11 January 2017
- Evolution of Gluten Content in Cereal-Based Gluten-Free Products: An Overview from 1998 to 2016. Free full text available in HTML and PDF via link.
- Ethnic differences in coeliac disease autoimmunity in childhood: the Generation R Study.
- Biomarkers to Monitor Gluten-Free Diet Compliance in Celiac Patients.
- Iron deficiency anemia despite effective gluten-free diet in celiac disease: Diagnostic role of small bowel capsule endoscopy.
4 January 2017
- AGY, a Novel Egg Yolk-Derived Anti-gliadin Antibody, Is Safe for Patients with Celiac Disease.
- Are Treated Celiac Patients at Risk for Mycotoxins? An Italian Case-Study.
- Seeking flavor within strict limits.
[ Current Celiac News | News from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday June 21, 2017 18:44:29
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.