Current Celiac News
27 May 2015
- Celiac and non-celiac gluten sensitivity: a review on the association with schizophrenia and mood disorders. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- HBV Revaccination with Standard vs. Pre-S Vaccine in Previously Immunized Celiac Patients: A Randomized Control Trial.
- Evidence Against Routine Testing of Patients with Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders for Celiac Disease: A Population-based Study.
- Portable gliadin-immunochip for contamination control on the food production chain.
- Will Restaurants Ever Take the Gluten-Free Diet Seriously Despite the Imposters?
20 May 2015
- The Celiac Disease and Diabetes-Dietary Intervention and Evaluation Trial (CD-DIET) protocol: a randomised controlled study to evaluate treatment of asymptomatic coeliac disease in type 1 diabetes. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- No Effects of a Short-Term Gluten-free Diet on Performance in Nonceliac Athletes.
- The Weird Link Between Celiac Disease and Nerve Damage.
- Gluten-Free Glutton: It's always time to focus on celiac disease.
- I Am Not My Treatment: A Disease Overshadowed by Glutenspeak.
- 10-year-old Jake explains what it’s like growing up with Celiac disease.
13 May 2015
- Evaluation of the impact of celiac disease and its dietary manipulation on children and their caregivers.
- Evaluating diagnostic accuracy of anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA antibodies as first screening for Celiac Disease in very young children.
- Seriously, Celiac Disease.
6 May 2015
- The introduction of gluten into the infant diet. Expert group recommendations.
- Celiac disease: prevention in children.
- Support for patients with celiac disease: A literature review. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Screening for celiac disease in the general population and in high-risk groups. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Does gluten free diet have more implications than treatment of celiac disease? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Novel treatments for celiac disease: glutenases and beyond.
- Celiac disease and endocrine autoimmunity.
- Extraintestinal manifestations of celiac disease.
- Clinical and immunological relevance of anti-neuronal antibodies in celiac disease with neurological manifestations. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- As Celiac and Gluten Sensitivities Gain Prominence, Drug Companies Race to Find Treatments.
- Coming Soon, Maybe: Drugs to Treat Gluten Sensitivity.
29 April 2015
- Identification of Pseudolysin (lasB) as an Aciduric Gluten-Degrading Enzyme with High Therapeutic Potential for Celiac Disease.
- The Truth About Gluten.
22 April 2015
- Essential amino acids in the gluten-free diet and serum in relation to depression in patients with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- What I want you to know about Celiac Disease.
- BookMark: "Mush From Sled Dogs to Celiac, the Scenic Detour of my Life" by Tara Caimi.
15 April 2015
- Abnormal Skeletal Strength and Microarchitecture in Women with Celiac Disease.
- Clinical Characteristics of Celiac Disease and Dietary Adherence to Gluten-Free Diet among Saudi Children.
- Overview of biomarkers for diagnosis and monitoring of celiac disease.
- Gluten-Free And Celiac-Approved Recipes That Are Anything But Boring.
- Get a celiac test before giving up gluten.
8 April 2015
- Increased rates of pregnancy complications in women with celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Benefit on health-related quality of life of adherence to gluten-free diet in adult patients with celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format. See also Celiac disease, gluten-free diet and health-related quality of life.
- Triticum monococcum in patients with celiac disease: a phase II open study on safety of prolonged daily administration.
2 April 2015
- Increased Mercury Levels in Patients with Celiac Disease following a Gluten-Free Regimen. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Clinical Features of Celiac Disease: A Prospective Birth Cohort, previously reported, has full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac Disease Associated with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease Alone: Are These Patients Different?
- Another Step Towards Celiac Screening.
- Tax-deductible provisions for gluten-free diet in Canada compared with systems for gluten-free diet coverage available in various countries.
- Kansas researchers working to identify, remove allergen in gluten that affects celiac sufferers.
25 March 2015
- Gluten Free-Diet and Lipid Profile in Children with Celiac Disease: Comparison with General Population Standards.
- Researchers hope to produce gluten-free wheat.
- A Chicago Mother's Quest for Tasty, Gluten-Free Food for Her Child Leads to Innovative Food Start-up.
18 March 2015
- Does gluten-free diet protect children with celiac disease from low bone density? Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
11 March 2015
- Clinical Features of Celiac Disease: A Prospective Birth Cohort.
- Effect of gliadin on permeability of intestinal biopsy explants from celiac disease patients and patients with non-celiac gluten sensitivity. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- How gluten intolerance became the fainting spell of the 21st century.
4 March 2015
- Systematic growth monitoring for the early detection of celiac disease in children. See also Growth monitoring may help identify celiac disease in kids.
- Development of drugs for celiac disease: review of endpoints for Phase 2 and 3 trials. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Rate of celiac disease in children: view from the endoscopy suite.
25 February 2015
- Small Amounts of Gluten in Subjects with Suspected Nonceliac Gluten Sensitivity: a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Cross-Over Trial.
- Vascular risk factors in children, adolescents, and young adults with type 1 diabetes complicated by celiac disease: results from the DPV initiative.
- Cheerios Will Now Really Be 'Gluten-Free'.
- Gluten-Free Glutton: Here's a 'diet' that needs a new name.
11 February 2015
- Autoimmune Disease in First-degree Relatives and Spouses of Individuals with Celiac Disease.
- Increased use of hypnotics in individuals with celiac disease: a nationwide case-control study. Free full text available in PDF format.
- UW researchers developing treatment for Celiac Disease.
- Pillsbury Debuts New Gluten-Free Products.
- The Best Lunch Ever by Lucia Boyd.
6 February 2015
- Responses of peripheral blood mononucleated cells from non-celiac gluten sensitive patients to various cereal sources. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Celiac disease evolving into dermatitis herpetiformis in patients adhering to normal or gluten-free diet.
- Celiac disease might explain fertility problems.
- UW researchers developing treatment for Celiac Disease.
- Puppies Trump Gluten in Super Bowl Ad Humor That Goes Too Far.
- Extra charges on P.F. Chang's gluten-free dishes violate disability law, class action says.
28 January 2015
- Gluten or gluten-free? A guide to wheat.
21 January 2015
- Age at Gluten Introduction and Risk of Celiac Disease.
- Non-celiac Gluten Sensitivity.
- Gluten-Free Craze Is Boon And Bane For Those With Celiac Disease.
- Why You Should Test For Celiac Before Going Gluten Free.
13 January 2015
- Celiac Is a Social Disease: Family Challenges and Strategies.
- Racial Differences in the Prevalence of Celiac Disease in the US Population: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2009-2012.
- Celiac Disease Can be Predicted by High Levels of Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase Antibodies in Population-Based Screening.
- Celiac Disease in Women With Infertility: A Meta-Analysis.
7 January 2015
- Celiac disease: a disorder emerging from antiquity, its evolving classification and risk, and potential new treatment paradigms. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Disturbances of autonomic nervous system activity and diminished response to stress in patients with celiac disease. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Dietician makes treats that are gluten-free, but still tasty.
- Gluten Free or Gluten Fad?
31 December 2014
- Clinical relevance and cost-effectiveness of HLA genotyping in children with Type 1 diabetes mellitus in screening for coeliac disease in the Netherlands.
- Protective effect of ghrelin in a rat model of celiac disease.
- When a teenager is diagnosed with celiac disease.
- Celiac disease makes 'gluten-free' a necessity, not a trend.
24 December 2014
- Burden of Celiac Disease in Europe: a review of its childhood and adulthood prevalence and incidence as of September 2014.
- Pediatric Celiac Disease Patients Who Are Lost to Follow-Up Have a Poorly Controlled Disease.
- Antibodies to Deamidated Gliadin Peptide in Diagnosis of Celiac Disease in Children.
17 December 2014
- Celiac disease and its impact on the oral health status - review of the literature. Free full text available in PDF format.
- The range of lesions in the small intestine of children with celiac disease determined by capsule endoscopy. Free full text available in PDF format.
10 December 2014
- Ingestion of oats and barley in patients with celiac disease mobilizes cross-reactive T cells activated by avenin peptides and immuno-dominant hordein peptides.
- Decrease in lactobacilli in the intestinal microbiota of celiac children with a gluten-free diet, and selection of potentially probiotic strains.
- Role of the gluten-free diet on neurological-EEG findings and sleep disordered breathing in children with celiac disease.
- Perinatal Risk Factors for Development of Celiac Disease in Children, Based on the Prospective Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study.
- Mucosal Healing in Patients with Celiac Disease and Outcomes of Pregnancy: a Nationwide Population-based Study.
- Predictors of dietary gluten avoidance in adults without a prior diagnosis of celiac disease.
- Stop Mocking Gluten-Free Faddists.
3 December 2014
- Risk of low bone mineral density and low body mass index in patients with non-celiac wheat-sensitivity: a prospective observation study. Free full text available in PDF format.
26 November 2014
- The changing clinical profile of celiac disease: a 15-year experience (1998-2012) in an Italian referral center. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Altered Duodenal Microbiota Composition in Celiac Disease Patients Suffering From Persistent Symptoms on a Long-Term Gluten-Free Diet.
- Ingestion of oats and barley in patients with celiac disease mobilizes cross-reactive T cells activated by avenin peptides and immuno-dominant hordein peptides. See also New clue in celiac disease puzzle: Cause of oat toxicity explained.
- Celiac disease with cerebral and peripheral nerve involvement mimicking multiple sclerosis. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Fellow Celiacs: Are You Drinking Your Gluten?
- Will a gluten-free diet really make you healthier?
- Cambridge company recognized for potential Celiac-curing vaccine.
19 November 2014
- Rationale for Using Social Media to Collect Patient-Reported Outcomes in Patients with Celiac Disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Seroprevalence of celiac disease among United Arab Emirates healthy adult nationals: A gender disparity. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Emeril Lagasse's daughters are out with a new gluten-free cookbook.
12 November 2014
- Specific Non-Gluten Proteins of Wheat are Novel Target Antigens in Celiac Disease Humoral Response.
- Identification and characterization of intestinal lactobacilli strains capable of degrading immunotoxic peptides present in gluten.
- Bone Mineral Density at Diagnosis of Celiac Disease and after 1 Year of Gluten-Free Diet. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
5 November 2014
- Biochemical and Immunochemical Evidences Supporting the Inclusion of Quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa Willd.) as a Gluten-free Ingredient.
- Why celiac disease is so easy to miss. Free full text available in PDF format.
29 October 2014
- Factors affecting adherence to a gluten-free diet in children with celiac disease.
- Perinatal risk factors increase the risk of being affected by both type 1 diabetes and celiac disease.
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms and celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Against the Grain.
- The Rise of Celiac Disease Still Stumps Scientists.
22 October 2014
- The present and the future in the diagnosis and management of celiac disease. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Genetic risk for co-occurrence of type 1 diabetes and celiac disease is modified by HLA-C and killer immunoglobulin-like receptors.
- Specific Non-Gluten Proteins of Wheat are Novel Target Antigens in Celiac Disease Humoral Response.
- Pros and Cons of Going Gluten-Free. (and a brief lament about the smooshed banana).
15 October 2014
- Nutritional assessment of gluten-free diet. Is gluten-free diet deficient in some nutrient?
- Can Celiac Disease Affect the Brain?
- The Gluten Detecting Device You'll Want to Own. See also 6SensorLabs for more information.
- Parent Experiences Raising Young People with Type 1 Diabetes and Celiac Disease.
- What If Gluten Sensitivity Isn't Just About Gluten?
- Not gluten-free, but . . . Biochemist lays groundwork for celiac-safe wheat.
8 October 2014
- Celiac Expert Explores New Options in Treatment, Research.
- Gluten Contamination in Foods Labeled as "Gluten Free" in the United States.
- Systematic review with meta-analysis: associations between coeliac disease and type 1 diabetes.
- Introduction of Gluten, HLA Status, and the Risk of Celiac Disease in Children.
- Randomized Feeding Intervention in Infants at High Risk for Celiac Disease.
- Silent coeliac disease is overrepresented in children with type 1 diabetes and their siblings.
- Celiac Disease, a Common, but Elusive, Diagnosis.
- When Gluten Sensitivity Isn't Celiac Disease.
1 October 2014
- Experimental hookworm infection and gluten microchallenge promote tolerance in celiac disease. See also Celiac disease: A wriggly solution to a first-world problem.
- Neighborhood conditions and celiac disease risk among children in Sweden.
- Depression and anxiety in child and adolescents with follow-up celiac disease and in their families.
- The neurologic significance of celiac disease biomarkers.
- The postprandial glucose response to some varieties of commercially available gluten-free pasta: a comparison between healthy and celiac subjects.
- All the Italian, With None of the Gluten.
24 September 2014
- High Adherence to a Gluten-Free Diet in Adolescents With Screening-Detected Celiac Disease.
- Dr. Alessio Fasano Speaks Out About Celebrity Gluten-Bashing, Celiac Disease Research.
- Gluten detection in foods available in the United States - A market survey.
- Drug for Celiac Disease Eases Symptoms in Multicenter Trial.
- Not Guten for My Gut.
17 September 2014
- Co-localization of gluten consumption and HLA-DQ2 and -DQ8 genotypes, a clue to the history of celiac disease.
- Serum cytokine pattern in young children with screening detected celiac disease.
- Injection of celiac disease patient sera or immunoglobulins to mice reproduces a condition mimicking early developing celiac disease.
- The truth about "gluten snobs".
10 September 2014
- Normal or defective immune response to Hepatitis B vaccine in patients with diabetes and celiac disease: An open issue.
- Prevalence and clinical features of celiac disease in patients with autoimmune thyroiditis: cross-sectional study. Free full text available in HTML and PDF formats.
- Gluten-free labeling standards kick in.
- Wheat consumption takes hit in gluten-free trend.
- Celiac disease awareness event to educate, highlight gluten-free diets.
3 September 2014
- Lack of Clinical Predictors for Low Mineral Density in Children With Celiac Disease.
- Women with Celiac Disease Present with Fertility Problems No More often than Women in the General Population.
- Exploring anthropometric and laboratory differences in children of varying ethnicities with celiac disease.
- HLA genotyping in pediatric celiac disease patients.
[ Current Celiac News | News from 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 ]
Last Updated: Wednesday May 27, 2015 20:22:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.