Feelings Associated with Having DiabetesDenial and Disbelief
- "This isn't really happening."
- "I don't have to change, diabetes isn't forever."
- "It's not that serious."
- "I don't have to feel anything about my diabetes."
- "What will this mean for my life?"
- "What's going to happen?"
- "Why me?" or "Why my child?"
- "Why do I have to do all this stuff?"
- "It isn't fair!"
- "What did I do to deserve this?"
- "If I just hadn't eaten so much sugar...."
- "The diabetes must have come from my side of the farnily." (parent)
- "I did this to my child." (parent)
- "I feel so sad."
- "I just don't feel like doing anything."
- "I feel so alone, no one understands."
- "I don't always like watching how much food I eat, but I understand how important it is to me."
- "I have diabetes, so I guess I am going to have to make some changes."
[ Back to Table of Contents | Prev Section | Next Section]
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday February 27, 2014 19:28:21
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.