Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Mississippi, US:

I have been a Type 1 diabetic since 1993 and I am interested in learning what research is being done to find a cure for diabetes and how I can get personally involved in these tests or experiments for finding a cure.


There are many medical centers that are involved with diabetes research. In general, it's a matter of figuring out where these studies are being done, then calling and asking for either the Department of Medicine, Section for Endocrinology (for information about adult diabetes) or the Department of Pediatrics, Section for Endocrinology (for information about children with diabetes), then getting ahold of the "Research Coordinator" (or somebody who has a similar title). Your Diabetes Team may have some leads, and will have directories of names, addresses, and phone numbers for diabetes programs.

Also, take a look at:


Original posting 16 Jun 96


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:52
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.