Question:

From America OnLine:

My son, age 8, recently began using Humalog along with Humulin Ultralente. I know that Humalog is fast acting, but can you tell me how long it stays in the system and when it peaks?

Answer:

The way to tell how long the Humalog is lasting is easy: check the blood sugar after eating (probably about 2-3 hours after a meal).

See our page about insulin lispro.

WWQ

Updated January 16, 2006

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.