Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Ontario, Canada:

A colleague's child (age 3) has recently been diagnosed as having hereditary fructose intolerance. Where can I find more information about diets that are appropriate for this condition? We live in a small rural town with limited healthcare resources and no local diabetes organization. Thank you.


Your colleague's paediatrician should put the family in touch with a paediatric dietitian. This condition is unrelated to diabetes.


Original posting 29 Mar 97


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.