Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Elberton, Georgia, USA:

I am a middle school counselor working with a 12 year old female who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in the Spring of last year. Lately she has had problems controlling her blood sugar and is feeling very frustrated, tired and depressed. Can you direct me to resources to help me help her?


You could see if this girl is being cared for by a diabetologist or endocrinologist and contact the health care provider, if you have the permission of the parents, and see if they have any advice. It might be that she is not being followed closely and needs some insulin adjustments.

Another resource is 1-800-Teamup4, a telephone number that can put you in touch with a diabetes educator in your area that could help you troubleshoot problems with this young lady.


Original posting 22 Jan 98


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:56
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.