Question:

From Dallas, Texas, USA:

I'm a 34 year old black male, above average health, exercise every day, use tobacco sparingly (1-2 times a month). I have a family history of diabetes to include my mother and grandmother. Lately, after my lunch time workout, I have a strong desire for sweets, especially chocolate.

Is this a major warning sign, something to check, or something just to mention at my next physical?

Answer:

I think it's normal to crave sweet things after a hard physical work-out. I wouldn't worry unduly and, in any case, no physical is complete without a urine check for glucose.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.