Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Spain:

I am a 13 year old girl who wants to do an exchange with an American or Canadian girl or boy but I don't know how to manage with the insurance. How can I do it?


The organization who is in charge of the exchange program should know how to get emergency medical insurance in the US or Canada. It might even be included in the cost of the exchange program. If the organization cannot help you, speak to a travel agent.

Good luck and have fun!


Original posting 11 Mar 1998
Posted to Social Issues: Insurance/Costs


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:56
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.