Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Wyoming, USA:

I work for the Diabetes Control Program in the state of Wyoming. We frequently get questions from the general public with diabetes. We recently got this question in, with no answer to be found, maybe you can help.

I was wondering if there was any form of machine that would measure the correct amount of insulin into a syringe. This would be extremely helpful for blind and/or elderly people with diabetes.


There are two systems that we have used here. One is 'Countadose' and the other is 'Autoclick.' They use normal BD syringes; but withdrawal of the plunger is calibrated in audible clicks. These devices are not always obtainable in pharmacies, but can usually be found in stores like 'Independent Living Aids' that specialise in items for the handicapped.

Another device is the 'Insul-eze' which is a syringe magnifier made by Palco Labs, 8030 Soquel Ave, Santa Cruz, CA 95062-2032.


Original posting 23 Mar 1998
Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.