Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Florida, USA:

I need a diet to go by for Type 2 diabetes. I am a 38 year old female. I just need to know what I can eat and not eat. I need a list of things I can eat.


Meal plans need to be developed for each individual. I would suggest that you find a dietitian by calling your doctor's office or a hospital in your area to make an appointment. She or he will be able to assess how many calories you should be on to be successful at maintaining your blood sugars and will have instructional materials for you as well.


Original posting 1 Apr 1998
Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.