From Pennsylvania, USA:
Where is there a diabetes site that has real life stories on pros and cons of Insulin Pumping? Especially for kids?
There are several web sites with information about using an insulin pump in kids:
Within children with DIABETES you will find:
- Brittany kept a diary of her experiences when she first got the pump (at age 12) and is shares it with us.
- Brian Mozisek attends Texas A&M and tells us about getting the pump
- Michelle Spaulding writes about Insulin Pumps and HMOs.
- Questions about Pumps from Ask the Diabetes Team
- If you are interested in learning more about the insulin pump, you can read the transcript of the Special Pump Chat Session that took place on Monday, November 25, 1996.
- Kids R Pumping, written by Ellen Ullman, provides a place for kids who use an insulin pump, and their parents, to share information.
- Infusion Site Do's And Don'ts, from Diabetes Forecast magazine, offers advice for insulin pump users.
- The Mailing Lists for Pump Users offer e-mail support and information to users of insulin pumps and their families.
Original posting 13 Aug 1998
Posted to Insulin Pumps
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.