Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Mississippi, USA:

I am looking for something to get the blood from the finger to the monitor. When my child was in the hospital they used a small plastic bubble to suck the blood into and then drop it onto the strip. I need to know what this was called and where to find it.


LifeScan has them; they're called "transfer pipets" and are better known around here as "Barbie Basters." Check back with your hospital's diabetes nurse, and ask if you can get them through the hospital, or call LifeScan, at (800) 227-8862.


Original posting 12 Oct 1998
Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.