Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Pennsylvania, USA:

I'm an 18 year old female, and was diagnosed with hypoglycemia two years ago. There have been numerous times that my sugar dropped so suddenly that I lost consciousness at work. I still can't seem to control it and my doctor basically told me "good luck." How do I keep my sugar even enough to lead a normal life at college?


If you are passing out, you a need a complete endocrinologic workup to look for hormonal abnormalities that cause severe low blood sugars. If you have not already consulted an endocrinologist, I suggest that you do so.


Original posting 13 Dec 1998
Posted to Hypoglycemia


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.