Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Portland, Oregon, USA:

I am a 56 year old woman, diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at age 54, and just diagnosed with Type 2 (taking glyburide, a diabetes pill). How can I differentiate symptoms caused by diabetes and those by MS? I can't get information here locally, no one seems to know anything about the two diseases in one person.


The glucose symptoms can be ruled in or out with blood glucose testing. Use your meter to learn about high and low blood glucose symptoms.

Potential overlap with the neurological symptoms, especially if you are having peripheral signs, might be hard. I expect you'll need to rely on the neurologist.

From the diabetes perspective, keep the glucoses as normal as possible.


Original posting 12 Mar 1999
Posted to Other Illnesses


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.