Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Karachi, Pakistan:

I am a 62 year old insulin-dependent male senior citizen. From time to time I get a rash in my groin in the crease between the pubic area and my upper thighs. My doctor tells me that it is a diabetic yeast infection. What is the proper treatment?


Your physician can recommend a cream that fights yeast, although you can buy some of the creams over the counter at the pharmacy for yeast infections; ask your pharmacist which would be the best one for you. The other thing you should do is make sure you dry your skin in that area very thoroughly after bathing and that will help keep it from coming back.

This type of skin problem can also be an indication of blood sugar levels that are too high. If your sugars are not in the 80-120 mg/dl before meals, you may want to work on that too.


Original posting 25 Apr 1999
Posted to Other Illnesses


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.