Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Quincy, Massachusetts, USA:

I am trying to find a juvenile diabetes support group for a student that I work with. He is ten years old and was diagnosed two years ago. He has very little support at home and I feel that a group would help him greatly.


I would start with your local Juvenile Diabetes Foundation and American Diabetes Association chapters to inquire about local support initiatives. Also, I would investigate area hospitals/clinics to see if there is a group in place. Sometimes there is one for parents and that can lead to one for children. Finally, I would call the offices of local endocrinologists (specialists in diabetes care) to see if they can refer you to a group.


Original posting 5 Jul 1999
Posted to Social Issues: Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:06
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.