Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Bloomington, Minnesota, USA:

I am 65 years old. I was diagnosed with diabetes Type 2 four years ago. Since that time I have lost 40 pounds, from 155 to 115. I control my carbohydrate intake. I take Glucophage [metformin, a pill for Type 2 diabetes]. My blood sugar levels continue to rise and my endocrinologist seems puzzled. My blood sugar readings now are almost always over 200. Should I be concerned?


Of course you should. You should ask for a proper diabetes consultation to see what your average metabolic control is like, as judged by HbA1c level and lipid levels, and whether you need a different kind of therapy, either additional pills or even insulin, to improve your daily blood sugar levels.


Original posting 2 Aug 1999
Posted to Type 2


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:06
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.