Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Oakland, California, USA:

How can we locate an English speaking doctor in Paris who can treat a 12-year-old type 1 (recently diagnosed) child in an emergency, especially in the month of August when many Parisians are on vacation?


The best way to find a doctor in a foreign country is to contact the U.S. Embassy in the capital upon arrival in country. The Embassy will have a list of English-speaking doctors in the area.


Additional comments from Virginia Valentine, diabetes nurse specialist:

You could check the ADA professional directory: many members are from all over the world and you would be getting a name of someone who specializes in diabetes.


Original posting 11 Sep 1999
Posted to Traveling


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:06
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.