From Springfield, Missouri, USA:

I'm concerned about an answer previously given, and I quote, "Excessive sweating at night is not a symptom of diabetes". Since when? I've been a diabetic for many years and my doctor is a diabetic. Excessive sweating is one of the most annoying symptoms of diabetes. My doctor confers and has the same problem!

Thank you for sharing your experience. Excessive night sweating can be a symptom of unrecognized low blood sugar, but as I mentioned, I have never seen this a symptom of undiagnosed diabetes.

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Hypoglycemia

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.