Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Tennessee, USA:

My 13 year old just had a lab test done that reported an insulin level more than double of what is normal. What name is given to this? What are the treatments and where can I find information about this?


I think that you really need to talk first of all to your son's doctor and perhaps to the doctor running the laboratory. Without knowing why the insulin levels were asked for, what the actual figures were, what the standard error in the lab is for that test, the circumstances in which the test was carried out and so on, it would be very unwise to pass any judgement on this one result.


Original posting 30 May 2000
Posted to Other


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:10
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.