Question:

From Cedarville, Ohio, USA:

Can a vitamin deficiency of any kind cause diabetes? The reason I ask is that my grandmother has not been getting all her daily vitamins and her doctor said her sugar was very high.

Answer:

I am not aware of vitamin deficiency causing diabetes. It is likely she is developing Type 2 diabetes.

JS

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Alternative Therapies and Explanations

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.