Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Upper Darby, PA, USA:

My 18 year old son will be entering college next autumn. Is he eligible for any financial aid from Vocational Training or the American Disabilities Act?


There is some regional variation, but in general young people with uncomplicated diabetes are not considered to be disabled.

Two excellent places to find an answer to your question are:

  • The National Parent Network on Disabilities, at 1727 King Street, Suite 305, Alexandria, VA 22314, telephone 703-684-6763, and
  • The National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities, at P.O. Box 1492, Washington, DC 20013, telephone 1-800-695-0285.


Original posting 6 Aug 2000
Posted to Social Issues: Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:12
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.