In your responses to chromium use in type 1 diabetics, you don't recommend usage. I have type 1 diabetes for 13 months and have been taking chromium for a year. I have always kept careful records on how many micrograms of chromium lower my blood sugar, and adjust my insulin dosage accordingly. I take at most a couple of 200 mcg pills a week. I strictly limit its use. The chromium lowers my blood sugar around the same number of mg/dl each time I take it. In your responses to chromium use in type 1 diabetes, you don't recommend usage.

Why is it okay for type 2 and not for type 1 just because research studies haven't been performed? Just because research studies haven't been performed on this for type 1 doesn't mean they couldn't benefit from it too.

I am unaware of any new evidence that chromium has a place in the treatment of Type 1 diabetes. I would suggest you search this site for previously posted information about chromium.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.