Question:

From New Jersey, USA:

What artificial sweeteners are okay for use during pregnancy and what amount is safe? I like saccharin, but I have heard it is not safe during pregnancy.

Answer:

I would recommend using aspartame as a sweetener. Studies have not shown any effects on the fetus. Use only enough to make your foods or drinks sweet to taste.

Posted to Family Planning and Meal Planning, Food and Diet

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.