Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

My seven month old son now has typeá1 diabetes because of a 95% pancreatectomy soon after birth. We need guidance from an experienced pediatric endocrinologist, who has been involved with such small babies with diabetes. We are prepared to come to the United States for a checkup, because the diabetologists in India have had hardly any experience with such cases.


There are a number of Centers in both Canada and the Usa that could help with the management of your son, but I think that it would be a great expense unless you had friends or relatives to stay with and proper follow up would be unsatisfactory.

As a nearer alternative and one that has frequent visitors from India, you might consider writing to The Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The hospital for Sick Children, Great Ormond Street, London W.C.1., England.

Before doing that, however you might talk to [name deleted for publication]. He is listed by the American Diabetes Association as being both an adult and pediatric endocrinologist.


Original posting 29 Jan 2001
Posted to Social Issues: Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:18
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.