Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From France:

My 14 year old son, who has had diabetes for three years, will be visiting friends in New York for a week. This nice person is a little bit anxious (so we are with my wife) with the idea of my son's disease, even if he has never had any problem. Who can be contacted in case of an emergency?


There are pediatric diabetes specialists every few miles in New York, so don't worry. He definitely will not have a problem finding emergency medical care, but hopefully he won't need it anyway.


Original posting 20 Feb 2001
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:18
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.