Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Pinellas Park, Florida, USA:

Where can I buy a non-invasive blood sugar testing device?


You have to go to England to get a GlucoWatch, and even then it is only being used through certain clinics. The company's hope is for U.S. FDA final approval, and availability at the end of this year [2001]. The MiniMed and other devices are rather further away from a general release.


[Editor's comment: Some of our readers might be aware that the Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, which is currently available, is almost non-invasive, and might be what the writer would want. However, the CGMS is only available for use in conjunction with a doctor's office for short-term (3-day) use, and is not available for purchase for routine use by a consumer. WWQ]

Original posting 13 Mar 2001
Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:20
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.