Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From California, USA:

A 28 year old friend of mine has had type 1 diabetes for about three years. He does not control it at all, sometimes going days without taking his insulin and not eating right. I would like to get him one of those medical bracelets in case he is somewhere and gets really sick (only a matter of time) so people will know what is wrong with him. He won't get one himself. Can you point me in the right direction?


Generally, Medical Alert bracelets are easily obtained at pharmacies. However, most of my clients prefer the type available via jewelry stores or catalogs. It is mainly a matter of personal taste. The important thing is that the medical condition is inscribed on the item clearly. Any medical supply outlet or store is another option to consider.

If your friend has a bracelet but won't wear it -- well, that's another problem!


[Editor's comment: See: Medical Identification Products. SS]

Original posting 6 Apr 2001
Posted to Community Resources


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:20
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.