Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Grinnell, Iowa, USA, but now in Paris, France:

I am a 45 year male with type 1 for 33 years, and I am living in Paris for several months. I'd like to get a hemoglobin A1c test and also a lipid profile, to make sure that my eating habits here are not creating problems that my daily glucose monitoring might miss. Is there an easy way to get this sort of blood work without a regular doctor (which I don't have in France)?


There are several companies that make meters or kits for home testing of HbA1c and one company (Polymer) that does some of the lipid testing. Check out: Hemoglobin A1c Meters and Kits, a topic at Blood Glucose Meters.


Original posting 13 Apr 2001
Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:20
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.