From Thailand:

I am a 28 year old diagnosed with typeá1 diabetes for about a month, and I just want to know how to live long with diabetes.

It is very important that you follow with a physician who has expertise in diabetes and insulin therapy. The best advice is to work on good blood sugar control, which has been shown to decrease the risk of diabetes-related complications. How you do this is more complicated and beyond the scope of this message. Where you find expertise in the treatment of diabetes is not clear to me. I would recommend beginning with one of the medical schools or a clinic with a reputation for expertise in diabetes care. Good luck and good health!

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.