From Madras, Tamil Nadu, India:

My latest C-peptide result was 0.3 (fasting) and 0.4 (stimulated). I tested in the another lab and my fasting C-peptide was normal, but they measured in ng/ml whereas the previous lab measured in pmol/ml. What is the difference between these two readings?

The reporting of results for the C-peptide assay are universally given in SI (Standard International) units. They are also reported in ng/ml in American laboratories. Either way, this will not change the result of the test as there are standard ways of expressing a given result in either set of units.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.