Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Monterrey, Mexico:

My son's 10 year old friend has type 2 diabetes and has recently developed an oversized bladder. The doctors here don't give him any hope, and the family was told to consult a diabetes specialist in Houston, Texas. What's the best thing to do for this child?


I think that your son's friend needs to be seen not only by a diabetes team for his type 2 diabetes, but by a pediatric urologist for what sounds like a bladder neck obstruction. This sounds as though it might be something that could be remedied by a simple operation.


Original posting 8 Jul 2001
Posted to Community Resources and Other Illnesses


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:22
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.