Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Ask the Diabetes Team

From Irvine, California, USA:

I am a 35 year old who has typeá1 diabetes for more than 20 years and is experiencing significant gastroparesis, but information about treatment of this condition on a real life basis is hard to come by. Do you know of any case management studies or resources? Are there any scientific trials or studies out there that I can take part in?


I empathize with you and realize that this is a problem. I would recommend you refer to the National Institutes of Health web site regarding this.You can see if there are any studies there.

In addition, you can browse the American Diabetes Association or Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation web sites to see if they are funding any labs regarding this problem. If there is, you can contact the investigators. They might also know of resources where you live.


Original posting 2 Aug 2001
Posted to Complications and Research: Other Research


  Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:09:24
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice, and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.